Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

The frustrating thing is Buffalo is playing worse than EDM and CAR, yet those two teams keep finding ways to win... If you look at the stats, Buffalo is far and away the worst (best CHL) team in the league.

http://www.puckalyti.../teamstats.html

CAR has the 6th best Corsi% in the entire league, EDM 16th. Both teams are, on average, outshooting their opponents. BUF is dead last, 8 percentage points worse than the next worse team. Getting outshot almost 2-1 on a nightly basis.

In games decided by 1 goal, BUF is 8-6, CAR is 3-11, and EDM is 3-10.

Jhonas Enroth is single handedly driving the tank off the road. His stock is as high as it will every be and he's a pending UFA. He needs to go sooner than later.

Edited by pi2000

The frustrating thing is Buffalo is playing worse than EDM and CAR, yet those two teams keep finding ways to win... If you look at the stats, Buffalo is far and away the worst (best CHL) team in the league.

http://www.puckalyti.../teamstats.html

CAR has the 6th best Corsi% in the entire league, EDM 16th. Both teams are, on average, outshooting their opponents. BUF is dead last, 8 percentage points worse than the next worse team. Getting outshot almost 2-1 on a nightly basis.

In games decided by 1 goal, BUF is 8-6, CAR is 3-11, and EDM is 3-10.

Jhonas Enroth is single handedly driving the tank off the road. His stock is as high as it will every be and he's a pending UFA. He needs to go sooner than later.

Aren't we going to need a starting goalie that can win games when the rest of the team is ready to make a run? How do we know Enroth is not that guy? Is Neuvirth? I don't know but I certainly don't want to add another hole to this roster that they have to find next year anyway......

Aren't we going to need a starting goalie that can win games when the rest of the team is ready to make a run? How do we know Enroth is not that guy? Is Neuvirth? I don't know but I certainly don't want to add another hole to this roster that they have to find next year anyway......

Good point. If Enroth can play like he has over the past month for the next 6-7 years, then you have to keep him.... he's putting up Hasek like numbers.... but can he sustain that level of play? As a Sabres fan, I would like to think that, but is it realistic? Watching him play, it just seems like a lot of pucks are just hitting him, perhaps that's a product of being in good position, or luck, or a little of both. I remember in one of the recent games, there were something like 4 or 5 shots that rang off the post/bar against him. Don't get me wrong, he's in the zone right now, but I certainly don't expect him to continue he recent level of play... and I don't think he's the long term solution in net.

I don't think Enroth has value unless Irbe is going with him.

Depends on what you define as value... Scrivens was traded despite quite clearly being a product of LA's system/coaching. Teams were clamoring for Martin Jones, too. Same with Fasth and Anaheim's goalies.

Depends on what you define as value... Scrivens was traded despite quite clearly being a product of LA's system/coaching. Teams were clamoring for Martin Jones, too. Same with Fasth and Anaheim's goalies.

So we just need one team that has no idea what it's doing with goalies to bite?

Hello, Edmonton? Yes. Yes we have one.

I don't see a particularly compelling reason to trade Enroth or Neuvirth. If the return is going to be a 2nd round pick and a dookie prospect, I don't find that compelling. Trading either one to promote the tank is only a reasonable course of action if you think they're going to maintain their current level of play, which I do not.

Good point. If Enroth can play like he has over the past month for the next 6-7 years, then you have to keep him.... he's putting up Hasek like numbers.... but can he sustain that level of play? As a Sabres fan, I would like to think that, but is it realistic? Watching him play, it just seems like a lot of pucks are just hitting him, perhaps that's a product of being in good position, or luck, or a little of both. I remember in one of the recent games, there were something like 4 or 5 shots that rang off the post/bar against him. Don't get me wrong, he's in the zone right now, but I certainly don't expect him to continue he recent level of play... and I don't think he's the long term solution in net.

Woah there big fella.

Current standings through games played 12/10.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Edmonton 29 17 7 5 39

Carolina 27 16 8 3 35

Buffalo 28 16 10 2 34

Arizona 28 15 10 3 33

Columbus 27 15 10 2 32

Colorado 28 13 9 6 32

Winnipeg 28 9 15 5 23

Florida 26 8 11 7 23

6 teams in action tonight, including Losipeg in Cowawado.

I fear Edmonton more than anybody in the CHL. They've proven to be a worthy adversary for most of the last decade. With some tweaking they could improve that team. If they traded Eberle to St. Louis for Berglund like was previously remoed and had them add Ott into the deal they could fix their hole at center and add some toughness and grit and get some better defensive play from their forwards. I wish they had made the trade to pick up Boychuk and Leddy instead of the Islanders.