Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Like Miller's doing?

Actually I wasn't talking about Miller. I was talking about trade partners being more interested in Enroth because of his play and the fact there's a larger sample size to draw from than Neuverth. But now that you mentioned Miller he's not doing too bad at all in Vancouver. He's had a few stinkers but for the most part he's been good.

A win tonight puts us 7 points out of 30th and only 6 points out of 8th in the East. People thinking this is just a lucky streak are in denial. We're playing way too well to finish last.

They're actually playing where a lot if us thought they would be playing. Before the season, many of us said this didn't look like a 30th place team.

Right, I'm not concerned with the score, I'm concerned with the possession. That is the sustainable way to finish 9th.

It's the Panthers. They've been universally dominated in possession stats. The Panthers are improved but still not great.

In the real life standings the Sabres have moved to sixth to last. Not even looking at a better than normal prospect at this point. Good group of guys but after the first 3/4 it's just guys you hope turn into stars but likely turn into 2nd/3rd liners... Ugh.

In the real life standings the Sabres have moved to sixth to last. Not even looking at a better than normal prospect at this point. Good group of guys but after the first 3/4 it's just guys you hope turn into stars but likely turn into 2nd/3rd liners... Ugh.

This is why I'm asking if it will be possible to trade up to #4/5.

I think 3 firsts and a midlevel prospect gets it done. but would it be worth it? or would it be better to roll the dice 3 times.

This is why I'm asking if it will be possible to trade up to #4/5.

I think 3 firsts and a midlevel prospect gets it done. but would it be worth it? or would it be better to roll the dice 3 times.

This draft is supposed to be as deep as 2003 so I'd rather roll the dice 3 times.

This draft is supposed to be as deep as 2003 so I'd rather roll the dice 3 times.

I've seen a few people on this board say this but I've never seen it written anywhere else.

I think this draft is special because of McDavid and Eichel. And after that it's an ordinary draft.

That's what I'm thinking.

Like Deluca wrote, this team has strong young defense, good penalty kill, and great goaltending. Getting a top 2 pick would obviously be ideal, but we can build from there if we have to. 3 more 1st round prospects in the system will only make us better in the long run than we are now. If you have 13 first round picks over 7 years, at least 9 of which will make your roster NEXT YEAR... By shear volume we should be awesome in a couple years.

I've seen a few people on this board say this but I've never seen it written anywhere else.

I think this draft is special because of McDavid and Eichel. And after that it's an ordinary draft.

Word.

Yes. Guys like Hanifin and Strome would make fine top picks in some drafts. You could cut the top two and make it a decent draft.

That's what I'm thinking.

Like Deluca wrote, this team has strong young defense, good penalty kill, and great goaltending. Getting a top 2 pick would obviously be ideal, but we can build from there if we have to. 3 more 1st round prospects in the system will only make us better in the long run than we are now. If you have 13 first round picks over 7 years, at least 9 of which will make your roster NEXT YEAR... By shear volume we should be awesome in a couple years.

Not if they are Stafford Hodson Stewart prototypes.

GMTM called it the deepest draft since 2003 in an interview with GR this past June

All four links indicate a deep draft, but none of them reference the legendary 2003 draft. And for good reason -- that would be a crazy high standard to live up to.

How about TSN Director of Scouting Craig Button?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/10/21/top-prospects-connor-mcdavid-jack-eichel-making-this-a-good-year-to-be-bad-for-nhl-teams/

According to Button, the 2015 NHL Entry Draft this is the closest thing to 2003, where the first two rounds were a who’s who list of full of future Hall of Famers. In fact, had McDavid, Eichel and Hanifin been draft eligible this year, chances are all three would have been chosen ahead of last summer’s No. 1 overall pick Aaron Ekblad.

“I keep going back to the ’03 draft,” said Button. “Ryan Getzlaf was the 19th pick, Corey Perry is the 28th pick, Ryan Kesler and Zach Parise were picked in the late teens. It’s unbelievable that playoff teams got these players.”