Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I can't stand Phaneuf.

But would he be someone Murray would consider?

We need a top-four d-man and are in better shape to take a bad contract than just about anyone.

The idea of having all that cap space isn't to go fill it with a declining player in Phaneuf. It's so that when we have some star players we aren't forced into what Chicago had to do a while back, in letting go some of the key support players in order to keep Kane/Toews.

Just because you have $50,000, doesn't mean you go out and blow it on a convertable with chrome spinners. ;)

I can't stand Phaneuf.

We need a top-four d-man and are in better shape to take a bad contract than just about anyone.

Please, say no to the Princess.

I think if Murray is rebuilding a tough team, you don't build with Phaneuf's shenanigans. I think he is a very over-rated, and would not win a roster spot from one of the youngsters, but would earn a spot based on his contract. Meszaros and Benoit are horrible, in my opinion and could be upgraded with the kids from Rochester, but we need them to tank on. Next year, when wins mean something, I don't see a spot for Meszaros, Benoit or Phaneuf.

I can't stand Phaneuf.

That would be like buying a Maserati with a blown engine, it looks pretty but it isn't taking you anywhere.

2014-maserati-gt-car-hd-wallpaper-1920x1

Edited by LGR4GM

I have literally no interest in Phaneuf, he's a fine player but his defense is so paltry that its just asinine to even take on his less than favorable salary.  Aside from Green (Wash) I wouldn't touch him.  He's got Anaheim or someone else written on him.  

In Friedman's 30 thoughts:

-Sabres wanted Monahan and/or Bennett when they talked about Myers with Calgary. Wanted Toffoli or Pearson from LA but were told no way.

-Sabres have talked to Boston about Subban but have been told no.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-toronto-maple-leafs-phil-vessel-nhl-trade-deadline-2015/

In Friedman's 30 thoughts:

-Sabres wanted Monahan and/or Bennett when they talked about Myers with Calgary. Wanted Toffoli or Pearson from LA but were told no way.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-toronto-maple-leafs-phil-vessel-nhl-trade-deadline-2015/

I like the LA bit. They said no way on including Toffoli or Pearson for Myers yet some people thought they would move one of them in order to get someone to take Mike Richards. Kind of kills that idea, don't you think?

Doh!

But again, I'm not sure I'd want to play against whomever we shipped to make this happen.

Maybe we should get fat boy Phil Kessel from the Leaves and form a Kane - Eichel - Kessel line.  Moulson - Girgs - Ennis would be line #2.

(I'm not a Kessel fan, just throwing a random thought out there for the hell of it)

I hate Kessel so much.  So much.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

2eci0ht.jpg

The sad thing is someone is going to take his contract.  I could see Arizona, or someone taking the risk.  We'll see.  I cannot stand his style of play.  Though he puts up numbers.

Shopp and Bulldog talking about hoping Toronto wins the lottery if Buffalo doesn't.  Does that make anyone else sick?

The sad thing is someone is going to take his contract.  I could see Arizona, or someone taking the risk.  We'll see.  I cannot stand his style of play.  Though he puts up numbers.

Shopp and Bulldog talking about hoping Toronto wins the lottery if Buffalo doesn't.  Does that make anyone else sick?

I would like to revive the Ottawa-Buffalo rivalry, so I'd like to see them win if Buffalo doesn't.  If not, then Toronto.

I would like to revive the Ottawa-Buffalo rivalry, so I'd like to see them win if Buffalo doesn't.  If not, then Toronto.

Of the teams in the bottom 8, if Buffalo doesn't land Conner, I'd be ok w/ Arizona, Joisey, or Columbus landing him. Please no to Edmonton or Carolina and dear Lord please no flipping way to TO or Filly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.