Pre Season GDT: Washington at Buffalo, 7 PM

wjag

Not going to hang around for 3rd period , it being 03.00 am :P

But Myers-Gorges combo is everything I expected.

seems to me stewart - stafford - Gionta can be switched on first 3 lines easy.

Zadorov playing better but i just feel there is no room for him on this roster, mind you he has to be better than McCabe and Pysyk.

Grigorenko is skating very well, also keeping his head up and reading plays well. This is the kid i wanted to see for two years now.

He'll be the steal in the 2012 draft.

It is a very bad washington squad, wouldn't say B team, but we are blowing them away.

Edited by Heimdall

Yes. It looked as good as it sounded. Truthfully they looked solid. There was a lot of puck support, a lot of smart plays with players in the right position for breakouts. They weren't perfect and near the end they might have been a bit TOO selfless but they look like a team and that matters a lot.

It was entertaining to watch. Now, let's see how they are against a full NHL squad.

We are a better team than last year. As for playoffs - think some of you may want to slow down a little.

i honestly am ok with whichever way this season goes. Feel that what we have in picks GMTM will maximize them whether it be at the top of the draft, middle, or trading them for established players.

It is going to be an interesting year.

I've been to 3 preseason games and we've scored 14 goals in those games..... This isn't last year's offense, preseason or not.... Moulson, Ennis and Stafford look very good, Gionta is a good piece added in and our back end is much stronger as well. Enroth looked a tad shaky today, but he got the job done nonetheless. This season will indeed be interesting

Can we please do this in the regular season?

If we have another playoff-less year, OK FINE. I just want to see some damn life. Last year, not only was the team bad, but they played a completely unlikable brand of hockey. Boring, listless, dreary.

Hoping we can just be entertaining at the very least even if we end up being bad.

It's entirely possible this squad will play its way out of the McEichel sweepstakes.

And it's equally possible that that will be okay. I think.

Yeah, it's a weird feeling. If we're gonna be " good ", there'll be some youngins lugging the mail. Still, it's just preseason, and I don't trust our goal tending yet.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Well, I 've said all along to the tankers that a Nolan team in his second year isn't going to be a bottom feeder. Want some sign of that? See Chris Stewart. Grigs is definitely getting it. But the goaltending could still be the sole reason we are on way to the bottom all while paying for entertaining hockey!!

If that's the reason we tank I'm cool with that. But don't tell me we are bottom feeders based on the rest of the team.

Ink, 28 is solidly in the pre season. Dude is like veteran player who is not going to hurt himself or get crazy. His job is safe.

And to back up Nikita comments I agree with Heimdall that it will be too little too late as far as him showing enough. He's going back just to piss him off. And I believe it was also you that commented about his fall while turning around? I saw Tyler Myers do it twice tonight.

My two cents for the game. Oh and I don't have to pay NHL prices to see AHL talent like Matt Ellis!!!! Holy ###### these guys are so much more than Darcy Lindy Ron Ron.

I think Strachan is better than Weber.

Not saying Weber is great, because i don't think he's very good, but it is pre-season.

I've been to 3 preseason games and we've scored 14 goals in those games..... This isn't last year's offense, preseason or not.... Moulson, Ennis and Stafford look very good, Gionta is a good piece added in and our back end is much stronger as well. Enroth looked a tad shaky today, but he got the job done nonetheless. This season will indeed be interesting

Sabres scored 21 goals last season in pre-season. Just slightly above that pace this year.

Probably the best Sabres game played in over a year, regardless of it being a preseason game.

I love the fact Girgensons looks like a vet out there in how he's playing, not running through walls like last preseason but keeping himself healthy. Yet he never takes shifts off, he just isn't playing hellion mode yet.

Grigo looks better than Hodgson on defense now, maybe its just his size though. Regardless Grigo looks like a whole different player in both interviews and on-ice.

Btw, for those thinking the Sabres may be peaking a little early due to this recent run, just know that last year's #1 seed in the West the Colorado Avalanche are 0-5-1, 7 goals for, 19 goals against. It's pre-season folks....

I'm mostly excited because the Roster at the end of last year was incapable of doing these things, even in the preseason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.