Pre Season GDT: Washington at Buffalo, 7 PM

wjag

Zadorov seems to have taken a bit of a step back this offseason. *ducks*

I don't think he's taken a step back, I think people's first impressions were blinded by a bunch of cool looking huge hits from a team that hadn't delivered them regularly in ages. The issues we're seeing now were always there, we're just more aware of them because the shiny factor has worn off. See also: McNabb, Brayden.

I am a big Z fan and think going back to juniors is a waste. However he hasn't done enough to get a spot here and these guys aren't giving anything to anyone so back he goes. He will be back.

Leaner

Meaner

And you guys better watch out then. I expected him to play his way on. I'm not shattered that it doesn't happen but disappointed in that he has Grigo's attitude from last year seemingly. Or he's sulking knowing that he was not going to be on the big club and just said f it. I'm eating until next season then.

Honestly as a season ticket holder I just need to say that I am happy as hot ###### that Matt Ellis is not part of my ticket package!!

Oh and p.s. TrueBlue Brayden while he did throw a few big hits never, ever impressed me with puck handling ability so please don't count me among his legion of fans.

Or his skating ability which I have made mention of in the past.

I am a big Z fan and think going back to juniors is a waste. However he hasn't done enough to get a spot here and these guys aren't giving anything to anyone so back he goes. He will be back.

Leaner

Meaner

And you guys better watch out then. I expected him to play his way on. I'm not shattered that it doesn't happen but disappointed in that he has Grigo's attitude from last year seemingly. Or he's sulking knowing that he was not going to be on the big club and just said f it. I'm eating until next season then.

Honestly as a season ticket holder I just need to say that I am happy as hot ###### that Matt Ellis is not part of my ticket package!!

Oh and p.s. TrueBlue Brayden while he did throw a few big hits never, ever impressed me with puck handling ability so please don't count me among his legion of fans.

Or his skating ability which I have made mention of in the past.

Lets just scratch that, Grigorenko wasn't physically ready, had nothing to do with attitude.

So when does the actualy first game of the season start ?

Edited by Heimdall

I don't think he's taken a step back, I think people's first impressions were blinded by a bunch of cool looking huge hits from a team that hadn't delivered them regularly in ages. The issues we're seeing now were always there, we're just more aware of them because the shiny factor has worn off. See also: McNabb, Brayden.

This made me curious about McNabb so I did a little digging and found this: http://rinkroyalty.com/2014/09/24/prospect-watch-brayden-mcnabb/

Looks like they expect him to start the season in the AHL -- and IIRC he'll need to clear waivers to do so. I'll be interested to see whether anyone claims him.

Lets just scratch that, Grigorenko wasn't physically ready, had nothing to do with attitude.

So when does the actualy first game of the season start ?

Next Thursday, Oct 9th. Seems later than usual this year for some reason.

Grigs

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=668&id=635463&lang=en

seems he is prepared to go to AHL if needed.

Ted nolan

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1373&id=635461&lang=en

Really likes dalpe's speed.

I trust Ted's evaluation abilities as much as I trust Adrian Peterson with a tree branch.

This made me curious about McNabb so I did a little digging and found this: http://rinkroyalty.c...brayden-mcnabb/

Looks like they expect him to start the season in the AHL -- and IIRC he'll need to clear waivers to do so. I'll be interested to see whether anyone claims him.

Interesting. I had heard interviews in the offseason from one of their beat reporters saying that they were hoping for him to land on the 2nd pairing with Voynov. I guess he's not there at this point.

This made me curious about McNabb so I did a little digging and found this: http://rinkroyalty.c...brayden-mcnabb/

I've been keeping tabs on McNabb too. I think it could go either way whether he sticks or not.

And if he doesn't, and then whether he clears or not.

I trust Ted's evaluation abilities as much as I trust Adrian Peterson with a tree branch.

Well i guess we don't have to vote for this years debby downer no more :P

You have been really pessimistic last couple of months, you feeling Ok pal ?

Edited by Heimdall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.