Pre Season GDT: Washington at Buffalo, 7 PM

wjag

that's kind of sort of borderlining inspiring...

stop that! I want inspired hockey but the 1st overall pick. You start saying things like that, it makes me believe that I should want those things too :ph34r:

People can go ahead and hope for great things. I still want to pick in the top 2, and if the Sabres end up fighting for a playoff spot, come up short, and end up picking somewhere between 8-14, I am going to be PISSED. I still think the Sabres need some DYNAMIC offensive players in the system, and right now, I don't see much in the cupboard between Rochester, college, Europe, and the junior ranks.

Good stuff, man. I wish they were playing tonight... I'm ready for the regular season to start already!

I ready for the season as well I already have my tickets for Anaheim and Los Angeles in a couple of weeks.

People can go ahead and hope for great things. I still want to pick in the top 2, and if the Sabres end up fighting for a playoff spot, come up short, and end up picking somewhere between 8-14, I am going to be PISSED. I still think the Sabres need some DYNAMIC offensive players in the system, and right now, I don't see much in the cupboard between Rochester, college, Europe, and the junior ranks.

I think most will agree with you. I won't be happy either unless the Islanders totally suck or are devastated by the injury bug. I think Buffalo might be better than what the analyst's think. Not saying playoff team but somehow finishing without pick 1 or 2.

Are you saying LA wouldn't be a better team with Crosby?

This could be a once in 25 year draft with the two guys at the top. We came in dead last in the previous season and it wasn't even really close. Somehow because LA won a couple of cups without a Superstar (although I think Kopitar is) then we shouldn't be disappointed if we end up 5th or 6th last then last?

Come on. Give me more credit than that! Of course LA would be better. So would Buffalo no?

We have a lot of talent coming in or up. My point in a roundabout way is and in case you don't know I am an anti tanker, is that even if we don't tank out and get McEichel we will still be an up and coming team albeit without ONE of the generational McEichels. I respect the hell out Kopi also and suspect we will have a talent of that level somewhere in the roster so I expect LA type results even if we don't get #1 or #2 but if we do and we have all these other top picks still and kids developing and talent already up or about to burst through, well crap, we are going to be a scary ass team for a long time tank or not this year!

This. I want some games that thrill me this year.

I want the Sabres to be on a 3-game winning streak with Boston coming to the FNC and to be looking forward to the game all day.

I want Enroth to seize his long-awaited shot at #1 by the throat, even if it means JJ50 gets the biggest I-told-you-so in Sabrespace history.

I want Myers to approach his potential and for Risto to play like Myers did during his Calder season.

I want Stewart to explode in his contract year and to pummel opponents on occasion.

I want Reinhart to look like the natural.

I want Pysyk to play like Teppo in 2005.

I want Nolan and Trottier to make me believe.

I want hockey that I care about.

I just felt it move.

GO SABRES!!!

If this team doesn't add McEichel then it will severely diminish the cup chances, but adding them won't guarantee anything, either. The x-factor, with or without one of those two, is going to be guys like Grigorenko, Reinhart, the young d-men. Those guys are going to have to turn into a great group of leaders and players for this team to win anything. If more of them do than don't then a guy like Zacha or Strome would be enough to make this team a contender if they reach their potential.

I'm all for McEichel. I will be upset if this team makes a run just to fall short of the playoffs again. But all hope won't be lost.

Looks like Max Domi just got sent back to junior. I have no idea where the Coyotes are gonna get their offense from. The Darcy effect as I'm sure he is selling Maloney on McDavid. Just saying

They probably weren't going to get a substantial amount of it from a 19-year-old who has never played an NHL game. It will be interesting to see how Sam Gagner plays in an expanded role on a new team.

Also wonder if Martin Erat can figure things out. I have no idea what happened to him. It's like he was brainwashed and has no clue how to score suddenly. With Nashville he scored .23 goals per game in 723 games. Since then he has just 4 goals in 79 games (.05 goals per game).

Edited by Tankalicious

Looks like Max Domi just got sent back to junior. I have no idea where the Coyotes are gonna get their offense from. The Darcy effect as I'm sure he is selling Maloney on McDavid. Just saying

Selling NHL franchises on McDavid is like selling crack to a crack head. You don't really have to sell it.

Oh, well when you put it that way.

The ridiculousness of wanting Eichel over McDavid has been beaten to death. Especially when it's presented as "we should choose the elite talent over the generational talent because he compliments our prospect who isn't even in the same class as either of the guys at the top this year."

The ridiculousness of wanting Eichel over McDavid has been beaten to death. Especially when it's presented as "we should choose the elite talent over the generational talent because he compliments our prospect who isn't even in the same class as either of the guys at the top this year."

Yeah its kinda like wanting a finger in the butt vs knob gobbler.

When the name "McEichel" is thrown around constantly, it doesn't seem to present a difference between the two players. Both have been presented as the so called generational talent around here over that last few months. If people are happy to get either one of them, they're both at a ridiculously high level.

McEichel I'm ecstatic

Top five I'm thrilled and it's still a successful tank

6-8 and it's not a total failure, but will feel like a missed opportunity much like the 2013 draft.

9-playoffs is a huge failure

If the Isles give us a second pick in the top 8 then that soothes the sting some if we don't land McEichel.

Oh the child. I think about the child. His life only just begun. The innocence and promise of a new born babe.

He's gonna have some good times w/ 'ol Pops!

I think Cody will have an easy enough time of it with the triplet girls next door Born two weeks his elder.

McEichel I'm ecstatic

Top five I'm thrilled and it's still a successful tank

6-8 and it's not a total failure, but will feel like a missed opportunity much like the 2013 draft.

9-playoffs is a huge failure

If the Isles give us a second pick in the top 8 then that soothes the sting some if we don't land McEichel.

This is close to where I'm at, but I'm more in the top-5 or bust camp. If we draft 8th, I'd rather have made a run at the playoffs.

I know it's all been said before, but if this team gets into the playoffs, and is considered a failure, then I will be really confused as to why I watch hockey in the first place

I'd be thrilled to watch a playoff series

I don't think it kills our cup chances in the long run, because I think TM has the ability to build a team without a need to be worst first

and I'd love one of the top two of course, I just can't come close to convincing myself that I don't want this team to make the playoffs, and would be sad if they did. It would make my spring. Go Sabres!

Edited by Arcsabresfan41

This is close to where I'm at, but I'm more in the top-5 or bust camp. If we draft 8th, I'd rather have made a run at the playoffs.

You're probably right, when you go past five you start getting into no man's land and the picks are noisy. I still think GMTM will self destruct any team with illusions of a playoff run, but a nice Rolston like start to build a strong foundation for the tank to roll on straight into April 2015 will be perfect.

I know it's all been said before, but if this team gets into the playoffs, and is considered a failure, then I will be really confused as to why I watch hockey in the first place

I'd be thrilled to watch a playoff series

I don't think it kills our cup chances in the long run, because I think TM has the ability to build a team without a need to be worst first

and I'd love one of the top two of course, I just can't come close to convincing myself that I don't want this team to make the playoffs, and would be sad if they did. It would make my spring. Go Sabres!

Almost 40 years of watching this team fail to win the ultimate goal has turned me into a curmudgeon. I'm not McEichel or bust, but I am most definitely Stanley Cup or bust. Therefore the Sabres making the playoffs with a team that has zero chance of winning the Cup is not only completely useless to me as a fan at this point, but harmful to our chances of winning one in the future IMO.

You're probably right, when you go past five you start getting into no man's land and the picks are noisy. I still think GMTM will self destruct any team with illusions of a playoff run, but a nice Rolston like start to build a strong foundation for the tank to roll on straight into April 2015 will be perfect.

Almost 40 years of watching this team fail to win the ultimate goal has turned me into a curmudgeon. I'm not McEichel or bust, but I am most definitely Stanley Cup or bust. Therefore the Sabres making the playoffs with a team that has zero chance of winning the Cup is not only completely useless to me as a fan at this point, but harmful to our chances of winning one in the future IMO.

The only team with zero chance of winning the cup is one who misses the playoffs... :flirt:

Very good point. I will say this much it's truly brutal going through this tank but I feel it's necessary. I was born in 73 and have been a diehard fan ever since. I breed blue and gold but I for one am sick of this team being an also ran. I want to see this team being feared by opponents. And what I mean by that is talent spread out all over the roster. I'm hoping for pick 1 or 2 but I'm thinking they might have played themselves out of the top 5 which would be a huge mistake. McDavid and or Eichel would be huge and I mean huge in this rebuild. It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out and I hope the Islanders just get blasted by the injury bug.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.