What would you do with Reinhart?

mjd1001

What would you do with Samson Reinhart?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. From what you know now, would you

• Keep him with the Sabres no matter what. He is the 2nd overall pick he belongs here.
    • Keep him with the Sabres as long as he doesn't look totally out of place.
    • Keep him with the Sabres only if it is clear is he is one of the best 6 forwards RIGHT NOW.
    • Send him to Juniors no matter what. The team doesn't need him now, and he will be better in the long run with a year in Juniors to get stronger and play top minutes every game.

There is some reason. Hence why he is here for at least the first nine.

No other reason than to maximize the amount of time he can stay and learn with the big guys. Not ready to be here but too good for juniors. System sucks but if he could go to the AHL Grigo would be here.

I will say it again and open myself up for a bashing but other than being the #2 pick he has done NOTHING to warrant 9 games. A lot of guys have shown more and deserve the 9 games more. Again, the system sucks. In professional sports the most ready and deserving guys should be in the lineup. He is neither.

Same goes for Zadarov. If your not the top 21 coming out of camp you shouldn't be here. Takes all the credibility of open competition and throws it out the window.

Edited by sicknfla

No other reason than to maximize the amount of time he can stay and learn with the big guys. Not ready to be here but too good for juniors. System sucks but if he could go to the AHL Grigo would be here.

I will say it again and open myself up for a bashing but other than being the #2 pick he has done NOTHING to warrant 9 games. A lot of guys have shown more and deserve the 9 games more. Again, the system sucks. In professional sports the most ready and deserving guys should be in the lineup. He is neither.

You are right, he hasn't shown much. The thing I must stress with Reinhart is the way he plays he isn't going to start off knocking your sucks off with end to end rushes and crazy stickhandle moves. He's going to look pedestrian but okay and you will slight improvements as the year goes. He's going to be one of those guys who plays X number of games than sits for a week or a summer and comes back and just is magically better because his brain has caught up to the speed and the style of play.

I'm cool with him in Buffalo for 9 (non-consecutive) games but then he needs to go back down to Kootenay.

It's not about him skating circles around 16 year olds, it's about him getting a year to fill out and get stronger. I just don't see his frame being physically capable of taking the pounding he'd get in the NHL over 82 games.

Sam Reinhart article and how the Sabres are putting Gionta on his wing.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=733679

"We looked throughout the whole lineup which combination would suit [Reinhart] the best, especially early," coach Ted Nolan said. "And Gionta, he's not wearing the captain's 'C' for no reason; he's a true leader. And if you have a guy like him flanking your wing, hopefully it'll be more of a settling influence on a kid than not."

Having two players with varying levels of experience should help Reinhart when it comes to the kind of spotlight he'll face in his first game.

At this point, I am not sure we have a soft d pairing. Our softest defender is probably Pysyk or Myers.

I guess my point is, do you see Pysyk or Myers coming in gloves flying when someone takes a run at Reinhart? I don't know that I see that happening. Weber, Stewart, maybe Stafford, but I don't see that. I don't think Gionta or Hodgson are going to give anyone pause either.

I guess my point is, do you see Pysyk or Myers coming in gloves flying when someone takes a run at Reinhart? I don't know that I see that happening. Weber, Stewart, maybe Stafford, but I don't see that. I don't think Gionta or Hodgson are going to give anyone pause either.

I think we will have to see what happens when it happens. I couldn't honestly say how this team will react.

Based on last night's game: Place him in some bubble wrap and send him back to juniors.

Nah, give him 5-8 games and then send him back. Let him have a taste so he knows how far he needs to go. Maybe bring him up after the trade deadline again to see how he is doing. It will give Kaleta and or Grigo a place and insure the Sabres are still in tank mode.

I agree with giving him a few more games even though he does not look physically ready at all. But you can't bring him back up again until after his junior season has been completed and even then you wouldn't because it would burn a year of his ELC. Once he goes back, it's for the season.

Rob Ray suggested that Samson will not see all 9 right now. And I agree. Let him get a good taste of the NHL and send him back after 5. Bring him back up at the end of the season for the remaining 4 to see if he has made progress adjusting his game.

Rob Ray suggested that Samson will not see all 9 right now. And I agree. Let him get a good taste of the NHL and send him back after 5. Bring him back up at the end of the season for the remaining 4 to see if he has made progress adjusting his game.

Samson isn't ready and everyone knows it. And, an NHL-ready guy has to sit while the kid plays, which hurts the team (although we can't score either way, so maybe it doesn't matter much). I agree that there is no reason for him to get all 9 games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.