Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

Ya it's too bad it's gone down this road.  Especially with me watching on a regular basis how good Dal Colle looks.  The Bulldog on WGR was saying he hoped the Isles gave us their 2015 even if the Isles won last years lottery and had the first overall selection.

Ya it's too bad it's gone down this road.  Especially with me watching on a regular basis how good Dal Colle looks.  The Bulldog on WGR was saying he hoped the Isles gave us their 2015 even if the Isles won last years lottery and had the first overall selection.

Well Bulldog is never misinformed or wrong about anything.

Having a scorer like Dal Colle in the pipeline would be even sweeter, but for once it looks like Garth made the right choice on the island.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN  2m

Have been asked about Okposo injury recently. This might already be out there, but source confirms it is an eye injury. Detached retina

Man that sucks.  I suffered a deached retina years ago and clung to some vision through six surgeries but it wasn't meant to be in the end. I really hope things work out for the kid. 

I keep reading he is expected to be out 6 to 8 weeks.  Man, it sounds way more serious than that.

Depending on how bad it was he likely either has a gas bubble or silicone oil in his eye to keep the retina attached.  Then depending on where the detachment occurred he will need to stay in a certain position nearly 24/7.  For me it was face down....brutal doesn't come close to describing thhose weeks of my life. I was strongly warned about no heavy lifting or vigorous physical activity as a strong risk factor for recurring detachment. So he's going from an elite pro athlete to couch potato for awhile. Yes, 6 to 8 weeks sounds like an almost impossible time table based on my experience, but I really hope they are able to save his vision first and then worry about playing hockey again.

Berard was always an amazing story to me.  That he could come back and play at the highest of levels with one eye having such limited and essentially useless vision was incredible.

That sounds like a terrible recovery ahead of him.  I want the Isles to tank but I really don't want to see any serious injury such as this.  I hope he fully recovers.  There are many Isles fans speculating he's likely done for the year as well.

That sounds like a terrible recovery ahead of him.  I want the Isles to tank but I really don't want to see any serious injury such as this.  I hope he fully recovers.  There are many Isles fans speculating he's likely done for the year as well.

I woud say so.. You're not going to want to bang around a re-attached retina any time soon.. I could be wrong, but doesn't seem like a wise idea

Berard was always an amazing story to me.  That he could come back and play at the highest of levels with one eye having such limited and essentially useless vision was incredible.

BB was good guy with an incredible amount of love for the game. He was entertaining when he was great and amazing when he was handicapped to me. Nothing but good wishes for him. And you!

The good part of the Islanders tank is I can openly root for the Islanders to loose and loose big.  The part that is foreign to me is rooting for teams I hate way more than the Islanders...Filthadephia....Boston...and the worst..Shitzburg.  Put I will try and catch those games and hope The Isles loose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.