Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

It's a long shot, but wouldn't it be BEAUTIFUL if NYI choked over the final 9 games. Ottawa is flying, and just took over 8th. That means Boston is outside looking in. If NYI win more than 2-3 games, that pipe dream is over, but if they play like they have over the past 5, when they went 1-4, Buffalo just may have a .05% chance in the lottery. Boston would have to go on a run -- I hate rooting for those SOBs, but for a better draft pick... whatever.

It's a long shot, but wouldn't it be BEAUTIFUL if NYI choked over the final 9 games. Ottawa is flying, and just took over 8th. That means Boston is outside looking in. If NYI win more than 2-3 games, that pipe dream is over, but if they play like they have over the past 5, when they went 1-4, Buffalo just may have a .05% chance in the lottery. Boston would have to go on a run -- I hate rooting for those SOBs, but for a better draft pick... whatever.

Well that certainly would shut up my brother who is a die hard Islanders fan and who has been giving me the gears all season long. 

Haven't really been paying attention to this for a long time.

At the moment it's pick 23.

Plus or minus five points in the standings would put them in the 17 to 25 range.

It's looking better than we thought a month or two ago.

Yeah they are falling off a bit , have to hope for a 1st round exit i guess :D

Haven't really been paying attention to this for a long time.

At the moment it's pick 23.

Plus or minus five points in the standings would put them in the 17 to 25 range.

It's looking better than we thought a month or two ago.

I guess I just assumed that they were still comfortably in the playoffs. It's this situation that makes me really glad that Murray included that stipulation on the 1st we traded to Winnepeg, rather than just picking one of the 1sts... :thumbsup:

I guess I just assumed that they were still comfortably in the playoffs.

They are.  They have a (9 - game-in-hand) lead on Boston and (13 - game-in-hand) lead on Florida with 8 games left.  They may be playing poorly, but neither team behind them is playing really well, either.  Ottawa is playing well, but they are currently the 8th-place team.

They are.  They have a (9 - game-in-hand) lead on Boston and (13 - game-in-hand) lead on Florida with 8 games left.  They may be playing poorly, but neither team behind them is playing really well, either.  Ottawa is playing well, but they are currently the 8th-place team.

Yep. The site I've been getting raw 'where will they finish' odds from doesn't even give them a 1% chance of having the 15th worst record. Haven't bothered doing the 2nd 1st round pick odds adjustment because there is none currently for the Sabres.

These guys would have to be Toronto Make Us Laffs bad down the stretch to miss the playoffs. (Haven't given up hope yet, but it's basically hopeless.)

Yep. The site I've been getting raw 'where will they finish' odds from doesn't even give them a 1% chance of having the 15th worst record. Haven't bothered doing the 2nd 1st round pick odds adjustment because there is none currently for the Sabres.

These guys would have to be Toronto Make Us Laffs bad down the stretch to miss the playoffs. (Haven't given up hope yet, but it's basically hopeless.)

So you're saying there's a chance!

Its still highly unlikely but an Ottawa win tonight and both Boston and Ottawa would be within 6 points with games in hand.

Would it not be so Islanders to crash and burn like this?

made this for fun, probably not accurate with the magic number (just based on what it would take for the lowest team's (senators) maximum points to fall below the playoff team's current points.)

Basically, all these teams have to pass new york, and for that to happen, new york has not win very few games and boston and Ottawa gotta win a lot. 

islanders_lol.png

made this for fun, probably not accurate with the magic number (just based on what it would take for the lowest team's (senators) maximum points to fall below the playoff team's current points.)

Basically, all these teams have to pass new york, and for that to happen, new york has not win very few games and boston and Ottawa gotta win a lot. 

islanders_lol.png

I know what you're saying but the assumption is that Washington and Detroit wont implode so if New York continues their slide only Ottawa and Boston have to play lights out to catch them/ Again, I'm not saying its likely but who would have though it even possible a month ago?

I know what you're saying but the assumption is that Washington and Detroit wont implode so if New York continues their slide only Ottawa and Boston have to play lights out to catch them/ Again, I'm not saying its likely but who would have though it even possible a month ago?

haha yea.  The only way this happens is if NY just laughably collapses.  So det and Was picking 3-4 points is the easy part  :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.