Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

Pretty sure teams below them in the standings can make the conference finals and lower their pick more

Good call. Didn't even think of that.

So the Sabres other first round pick will be 17-21 or 27-29 (can't be 30th because that pick would be guaranteed to go to Winnipeg).

Good call. Didn't even think of that.

So the Sabres other first round pick will be 17-21 or 27-29 (can't be 30th because that pick would be guaranteed to go to Winnipeg).

If the Isles make the conference finals and the Blues don't, pretty sure the Blues pick could slip to 26, 25, or 24.

So Sabres pick 2 would be 17-21 or 24-29.

So for the best pick possible, root for 1st round exit for Isles and Detroit or Ottawa to win the division; Pens to win theirs; Minny to win theirs; and Calgary or the Peg to come out of the last group.

If the Isles make the conference finals and the Blues don't, pretty sure the Blues pick could slip to 26, 25, or 24.

So Sabres pick 2 would be 17-21 or 24-29.

So for the best pick possible, root for 1st round exit for Isles and Detroit or Ottawa to win the division; Pens to win theirs; Minny to win theirs; and Calgary or the Peg to come out of the last group.

Do we really need to do this? I've had it with draft finagling.

Do we really need to do this? I've had it with draft finagling.

Do what? Just adding some clarification to where the pick can end up. I'm hoping it doesn't end up better than 18, as I (mildly surprising to myself) would prefer to see the Rags beat the Pigeons.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.