Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

What if the Islanders lose out and miss the playoffs...  then win the lottery... I just went from 6 to midnight

Remember at the beginning of the year when we were all talking about getting both McDavid and Eichel? When everyone thought the Islanders would be bad/out of the playoffs?

Good times...

Remember at the beginning of the year when we were all talking about getting both McDavid and Eichel? When everyone thought the Islanders would be bad/out of the playoffs?

Good times...

Yea because I remember arguing against how bad most people thought they would be.

Yea because I remember arguing against how bad most people thought they would be.

Well you are clearly an idiot who knows nothing about hockey. :nana:

Once they made the defensemen moves most people said they were a playoff team

To be fair, the Islander's success may be more indicative of how possible it is to make a drastic improvement in one year, especially when you have a legitamite star player (Tavares) as your leader.

my favorite flavor cherry red..

although anyone  having a favorite flavor implies you are around someone that is using a product wholly unnecessary and harmful by those who care for themselves...i am policing my own bad  jokes , not for taste but social accuracy in a fake world of fear and distraction, these are innane thoughts evoked by perusing a hockey website as i lose complete touch w reality as i have finnally landed through the wormhole to opposite city in bizzaro world where we cheer for mild injured reserve and pray the home crowd is not happy with us ( our pact is sealed with the pimple juice and instead of erasing all that crap i typed i gleefully posted it like the jackass i am now.. )....

anyway, i think i heard an interview where he (springsteen) said it was douchem... anyway... my distraction from this potentially important event in the chase to clinch a bad whiff.. of the nastier flipside.. onto lame webcast stops and starts.. i flirted w being completly lame by adding that h to start but i held onto one last breath of dignity, that i definitely lost long ago....

For some reason the Manfred Mann version was all I was thinking of. So, no I'm right.

:w00t:

:lol:

There used to be a lot of arguments about what that line was and between Manfred Mann's being slightly garbled and Springsteen's being completely different they tended not to get resolved too quickly. ;)

Edited by Taro T

After tonight, it's 96 points for pick 22 and effectively Washington is the only team they can pass.

Pit, Minny and Van only one point back each and the first two have a game in hand.

Detroit and Boston have a slim chance at catching them. Currently at 93.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.