Islanders Watch - Tank Commander II

X. Benedict

It would be beautiful even if they don't miss the playoffs if they lose in the first round. Seeing ass then the pick Is in the late tens. So while their season stats really doesn't matter, their playoff exit is all I'm concerned about. Not to mention I highly doubt the Islanders are going to pull a Toronto Maple Leafs collapse.

Before their second leading scorer went down (for probably the year) I would agree with you.  That's a huge loss for them.

You're absolutely right. You cannot look at the standings now and assume they will hold that while missing a key part of their offense. However, to miss the playoffs, the Islanders would have to play below .500 hockey, and that's not even a guarantee that they would miss. They lose a defenseman, Tavares, or Halak -- look out below! 

You're absolutely right. You cannot look at the standings now and assume they will hold that while missing a key part of their offense. However, to miss the playoffs, the Islanders would have to play below .500 hockey, and that's not even a guarantee that they would miss. They lose a defenseman, Tavares, or Halak -- look out below! 

I've been sending tevares and helak free tickets to Disneyland for 2 months now.

jeebus. who the hell wrote that?

And I JUST sat down with my first beer!

My apologies to all...

Your first beer, sure, but after your fourth mixed drink.  We all know how it works, my man, no need for excuses.  Just remember to set the microwave on med-high for the pizza; otherwise, the cheese turns brown before the crust cooks.  And save the second Hostess cupcake for the morning.

Your first beer, sure, but after your fourth mixed drink. We all know how it works, my man, no need for excuses. Just remember to set the microwave on med-high for the pizza; otherwise, the cheese turns brown before the crust cooks. And save the second Hostess cupcake for the morning.

Consider yourselves lucky .. Eventually you can get a tolerance to everything where nothing works. Ahh , the days when a few drinks and roach would do the trick .. I'm truly envious. It isn't like I can look forward to a hockey game . Waaaagh.

Your first beer, sure, but after your fourth mixed drink.  We all know how it works, my man, no need for excuses.  Just remember to set the microwave on med-high for the pizza; otherwise, the cheese turns brown before the crust cooks.  And save the second Hostess cupcake for the morning.

I wish so badly for this to be true. Tragically, it is all false. Except the pizza part, that's just solid advice.

Consider yourselves lucky .. Eventually you can get a tolerance to everything where nothing works. Ahh , the days when a few drinks and roach would do the trick .. I'm truly envious. It isn't like I can look forward to a hockey game . Waaaagh.

This cracked me right up.

It does take more to move the needle once we reach a certain age, innit?

I think you guys have a few years on me, but I get drunk a LOT easier than I did before.  As for the roach?  I can't even begin to handle that stuff anymore.  Good on you two.  Party on and let me know where to send the Allman Brothers 8-tracks.

I think you guys have a few years on me, but I get drunk a LOT easier than I did before.  As for the roach?  I can't even begin to handle that stuff anymore.  Good on you two.  Party on and let me know where to send the Allman Brothers 8-tracks.

Tonight, I wrote this down so I don't forget to listen again cause it's been a while. Bowie- Ashes to Ashes and The Rolling Stones Black and Blue.

• 1 month later...

Okposo's back. Doctors told him his poor vision contributed to the detachment. It sounds like he might have suffered a vitreous detachment, probably spontaneously and not as a result of hockey, which led to the retinal detachment. Extreme nearsightedness is a risk factor for vitreous detachment because of the shape of the eye. When the vitreous peels away, it can take the retina with it.

I'm not an eye doctor, but I do hang out by Pearle Vision on weekday nights.

Okposo's back. Doctors told him his poor vision contributed to the detachment. It sounds like he might have suffered a vitreous detachment, probably spontaneously and not as a result of hockey, which led to the retinal detachment. Extreme nearsightedness is a risk factor for vitreous detachment because of the shape of the eye. When the vitreous peels away, it can take the retina with it.

I'm not an eye doctor, but I do hang out by Pearle Vision on weekday nights.

Interesting, my mom just missed 3 months of work with retinal bleeding that was misdiagnosed as a Vitreous Detachment. She is very myopic, so they drew the conclusion, but it turns out that we don't have really good equipment to diagnose rear-eye issues. I was surprised to find that out.

My mom is in her seventies. She bent over to pick something up off the floor and when she stood back up she noticed what she called a floater in her vision. Living in a small community with only a clinic and no eye dr. she was told to make the drive to a larger centre where she could have it looked at. Mom and Dad made the 3 hour drive and were told she was lucky because she very well could have lost her vision in the eye if she hadn't sought help for the detatched retina right away. The dr. used the bubble method to hold it in place and she recovered. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.