Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

My Gawd Edmonton sukcs smelly ballsack ( thanks P.A. ;) ). How can that team be so terribly dreadful ?

I just watched the 1st period, that has to be one of the worst periods I've seen in a long time. I think that team is a lost cause. I'd say that they've mailed it in and are going through the motions, but that would imply they are in motion.

Derek Roy was placed on waivers.

With Mike Fisher back from injury and the rookies playing lights out, there just isn't any room for Derek Roy. Victor Stalberg (who won a Cup in Chicago) was sent down to Milwaukee too. The Preds are loaded this year.

BTW - Filip Forsberg is the real deal. That kid has future star written all over him.

With Mike Fisher back from injury and the rookies playing lights out, there just isn't any room for Derek Roy. Victor Stalberg (who won a Cup in Chicago) was sent down to Milwaukee too. The Preds are loaded this year.

BTW - Filip Forsberg is the real deal. That kid has future star written all over him.

We were one spot away from drafting him in 2012. But those late season wins that year were totally worth it.....

Woulda took Grigorenko anyway...

I think so. We were after big centers at the time (since Darcy gutted the roster of all centers). Forsberg is a 185/190 lb. winger.

Caps fans have to be shitting themselves over the Forsberg trade.

Forsberg was projected top five. Grigorenko was "projected" top five. I'm with Rob on this one, it was a no-brainer.

No idea what Darcy would have done, but Forsberg was a no brainer to me. I remember letting out an F bomb when the Caps took him right before our pick. It was the difference between a clear first liner and a big question mark.

No idea what Darcy would have done, but Forsberg was a no brainer to me. I remember letting out an F bomb when the Caps took him right before our pick. It was the difference between a clear first liner and a big question mark.

Wasn't the whole reason Forsberg fell because of question marks? I remember reading from Corey Pronman that teams just weren't sold on his offensive skill level. Maybe you didn't have any questions, but I don't think sure-fire first liner was a consensus.

FWIW I would have taken Grigs at the time if they were both on the board. I still have hope for him, but...whoops :lol:

Hindsight is 20/20 and I have no idea what Devine thought of Forsberg back then.

But they were very similarly ranked going in, Grigo was the big centre the team lacked and Devine spewed a lot of smokescreen BS about the Russian factor leading up to the draft. Mike was clearly their target.

I think Forsberg wouldve been the obvious pick over Grigorenko. Grigorenko was expected to fall. Forsberg wasn't. Forsberg was the better prospect. I think most people would've said that Grigorenko's ceiling was higher but Forsberg had shown more to justify an early pick.

Patience with Mikhail, just a little longer.

Personally I think Murray might trade him before he earns a spot but we shall see.

He has little value now as he's still a project. I would be surprised if he is moved at let, let alone for a decent return.

Patience with Mikhail, just a little longer.

Personally I think Murray might trade him before he earns a spot but we shall see.

Meh, at least Girgensons is doing well. Maybe Grigorenko is one of those guys who tears it up in Juniors but can't transition that production to the NHL. I'm not a Darcy fan but I don't blame Darcy for Grigorenko being invisible on the ice. I just don't get how on an offensively deficient team the kid doesn't make an impact or at least stand out more.

I think the he's 20 years old argument is over considering three other players drafted after him are on the big club. Maybe it's not his age but a lack of capability and over hyped talent.

Meh, at least Girgensons is doing well. Maybe Grigorenko is one of those guys who tears it up in Juniors but can't transition that production to the NHL. I'm not a Darcy fan but I don't blame Darcy for Grigorenko being invisible on the ice. I just don't get how on an offensively deficient team the kid doesn't make an impact or at least stand out more.

I think the he's 20 years old argument is over considering three other players drafted after him are on the big club. Maybe it's not his age but a lack of capability and over hyped talent.

What does having three players drafted after him have to do with anything?

Meh. He was picked 12th. He's 15th out of the 2012 picks in games played and 15th in points produced.

Lots of time left, and he's apparently not as far behind as you might think.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.