Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Yea that was an insane bounce... But I don't understand the appeal of signing Brodeur other than selling tickets which a contender can't worry about. It's going to be a sad day when they release him in a month.

Didn't we get into an argument in the offseason about whether Brodeur could still play? Glad to see you came around ;)

Didn't we get into an argument in the offseason about whether Brodeur could still play? Glad to see you came around ;)

Well I thought he would have value as a guy that played extremely sparingly. On a contending team that had an established number one. St. Louis isn't that. Bad situation for him and the team. Somewhere like Pittsburgh would've made sense.

Well I thought he would have value as a guy that played extremely sparingly. On a contending team that had an established number one. St. Louis isn't that. Bad situation for him and the team. Somewhere like Pittsburgh would've made sense.

I don't think Brodeur is the kind of goalie that can be "used sparingly." When was at his prime he was ridden hard and put away wet, playing more than 70 games per season, for years. I don't think he'd be very good playing sparingly.

I don't think Brodeur is the kind of goalie that can be "used sparingly." When was at his prime he was ridden hard and put away wet, playing more than 70 games per season, for years. I don't think he'd be very good playing sparingly.

Or often. He might just be bad no matter the circumstances now.

Players with or had the mumps

Keith Ballard, MIN Francois Beauchemin, ANA Beau Bennett, PIT Derick Brassard, NYR Jonas Brodin, MIN Joey Crabb, NYR/Hartford (AHL) Sidney Crosby, PIT Emerson Etem, ANA Christian Folin, MIN Tanner Glass, NYR Adam Larsson, NJD Olli Maatta, PIT Corey Perry, ANA Marco Scandella, MIN Ryan Suter, MIN Lee Stempniak, NYR Clayton Stoner, ANA

Travis Zajac, NJD

Sutter, Greiss and Downie being monitored

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.