Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Most of the awards wind up going with stupid trends like this, kind of like the Norris. Some day they will create an award that can actually go do a defenseman who actually plays defense. Far too often they just hand it to the highest scorer out there.

It is for the best "all-round" defenseman. Maybe they need the Selke equivalent for best offensive defenseman.

The collapse of the Russian ruble has dealt the KHL some hard times. Looks like some players haven't been paid since October.

Maybe this would be a good source of raiding players...?

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...lapse-1.2877879

Dang. If only there were an NHL team whose coach had eastern European connections..... :angel:

Dang. If only there were an NHL team whose coach had eastern European connections..... :angel:

From the one article I read, it sounds like Diamo Riga (the Latvian KHL team) doesn't use Rubles, so it's fine. I don't know if there are many Latvian players on other KHL teams though.

I didn't see mention of this earlier this week, but maybe I missed it. Did anyone see the stadium series jerseys that LA introduced the other day? :sick:

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Yeah, it's all about the pants. That has to be one of the strangest decisions I have ever seen.

I'm interested to see how they contrast to the white ice from a viewing perspective.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.