Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

I still think there's a chance Provorov goes top five and I don't think he gets past 8. I like him more than Noah.

Both good but there is something about Provorov's game that I like better.

Mhm. I'd call Hanifin a much safer pick bit I think Provorov has a higher ceiling and that he'll hit it. Definitely my Barbashev-crush of this year.

I gotta lay off that. Happens to me every year.

Edited by dudacek

This comes from my thread on the HF boards and was based on some offers people mentioned, just with a Wookiee touch

The trades are 

NYI 1st which should land around 18 to 22 (a 2nd too if its 22nd) to LAK for Richards(30to50%Retention), 13th overall, and a 4th rounder

LAK 1st for Andy MacDonald(30to50%Retention) and the 7th Overall

Hmm, well I may have to up the retention of Richards to start at 30% then increase 5% each year until it hits 50%.

For MacDonald, maybe we tweak it a tad more, drop the 4th rounder and have a similar system. In this case the retention would increase 5% each year until his final year of the contract where PHI would retain 50% starting at 30%

Thus fixing the cap troubles of both teams along the way, Buffalo isn't shackled for 5 years to a 8.5 mil cap hit, and PHI and LAK get much needed cap room in the immediate time.

Sabres Cap Hits based on my plan

Richards     4.03m 3.74m 3.45m 3.16m 2.88m
MacDonald 3.50m 3.25m 3.00m 2.75m 2.50m
Total Hit     7.53m 6.99m 6.45m 5.91m 5.38m

And that would be well worth it for both sides, and Buffalo moves from 18-22 to 7th overall. Without trading a 2nd. All of that for a Lawson Crouse, Zach Werenski,Ivan Provorov, Mathew Barzal, or Timo Meier

Andy MacDonald is 27 and could technically work as a 5-7 D man. Richards can sit in the AHL and help/protect youngsters.

We also however get the likes of a Provorov or Meier(looks like a Murray type players who's also a RW)

Provorov is going top 10, I don't think the Sabres will trade up into that spot.  Phoenix isn't trading out of #3 unless you are giving them #2 somehow (which is never happening).  I would guess the Sabres trade that #22 overall pick for a roster player on a salary problem team at the draft.  Look for a decent young 2nd line RW to be coming back in the deal.

With 31 overall the Sabres will take the best LHD left on the board which I hope is Jakub Zboril but if I had to guess Jacob Larsson would be the target for 31st overall.  

I hope one of the NYI and Blues do not advance into the second round.

Ideally the Isles lose and Blues advance giving us a better pick and the Jets a later one.

Both winning hurts our draft and both losing helps the Jets.

Advancing to the second round doesn't matter. Nothing changes in the draft order until the Conference Finals. As long as one doesn't make it there (preferably NY) then we're fine.

Advancing to the second round doesn't matter. Nothing changes in the t cdraft order until the Conference Finals. As long as one doesn't make it there (preferably NY) then we're fine.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the best case scenario for Buffalo is Detroit or Ottawa, Calgary, and Minnesota advancing to the final four wihtout the Islanders being there and then the pick would move up to 18? 

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the best case scenario for Buffalo is Detroit or Ottawa, Calgary, and Minnesota advancing to the final four wihtout the Islanders being there and then the pick would move up to 18?

Yep. Now that the Jets and Pens picks are locked ahead of the Isles' pick, that would advance the selection the most. Pittsburgh losing took 17th out of the realm of possibilities.

Well, he really only had two goals tonight, but I'd give him four just for this shorty. Kid is deadly on his skates.

GO SABRES!!!

I was wondering why nobody was freaking out. Only tweet on my timeline about tonight's game was that he had scored a total of 7 goals through 2 games in the series. I knew he had a hat trick in game one so that would be 7 - 3 = 4 haha.

Thanks Obama.

that's just painful to watch....the kid is Michael jordan

Tarasenko does that move in the NHL while playing against grown men. McDavid doing that is impressive, but that doesn't equate to Jordan. I could pull up Kyle Wellwood vids in junior where he makes other players look silly. 

Tarasenko does that move in the NHL while playing against grown men. McDavid doing that is impressive, but that doesn't equate to Jordan. I could pull up Kyle Wellwood vids in junior where he makes other players look silly. 

Can't remember Wellwood being talked about as generational. Nope, didn't happen.