Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Carlo is a shutdown defender with a mean streak.  His offensive game just started a little this year.  If I am making a draft board for Buffalo, Carlo is below a host of guys and not worthy of that #21 pick.  I think a team might pick him in the teams (Boston for instance).  I think at best if I were Devine and Murray, I take Carlo if he slides to 31, outside of that I would rather they focus on Zadorov because his upside would like Carlo 8.0

I think Tondas this just might one of those things we just disagree on.  You like Carlo better than I do. 

In 10 years, loser buys the other a drink?

Agree 100%.  And he's a nasty SOB as well.  If we're going with Chad and Pysyk, we may need some more nasty (developing in the minors).

I wasn't too excited by his play at the WJC, but that's really the only time I've paid much attention to him.

On paper he's a logical pick around 21, but I'm with LGR on this one; there are others who excite me more.

At 21 I would take Bittner or Evgeny Snitzengruben. Also on the excitement factor.

speaking of Bittner, who has grown on me, some mocks and media guys have him going in the mid teens (14-17).  His draft stock has risen of late.  If he were there at 21, I would definitely grab him.  I like Evgeny too... but your spelling makes me think he is the son of Hans Gruber :w00t:

Sorry if this was posted but I don't recall seeing it.

Mock Draft on NHL.Com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=764205

As for the Sabres - give me the highest skilled forward best skating forward you can find - Konecny, Svechnikov, Bracco or Sprong.

Not a fan of Bittner or Boeser at 21? 

That was an interesting read.

This is more for my reference but here is my mock from post draft lottery

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22566-official-2015-nhl-draft-thread/?p=684737

Proposed trade by guy from diebytheblade to get Cane's first overall at #5 and hopeful Marner with it

To CAR
 > NYI 1st, NYI 2nd, ONE of either [bailey/Baptiste/Carrier/Cettanaci] + ONE of either [Peterson/D'Amigo/Nevins/Hurley/Varone]

To BUF
 > CAR 1st.

Proposed trade by guy from diebytheblade to get Cane's first overall at #5 and hopeful Marner with it

To CAR > NYI 1st, NYI 2nd, ONE of either [bailey/Baptiste/Carrier/Cettanaci] + ONE of either [Peterson/D'Amigo/Nevins/Hurley/Varone]

To BUF > CAR 1st.

Not enough. IMO.

To CAR > NYI 1st, NYI 2nd, ONE of either [bailey/Baptiste/Carrier/Cettanaci] + ONE of either [Peterson/D'Amigo/Nevins/Hurley/Varone]

To BUF > CAR 1st.

That's a weird grouping of players. Carrier and Cat with Bailey and Baptiste? Hurley and Peterson with three AHL lifers?

Ya I would take that trade all day which means it's not enough (probably not nearly enough).  I agree with Wildcard in that a guy like Pysyk would have to be involved.  You can also probably throw in Buffalo's 2nd (or at min replace it with NYI 2nd).  Imagine you are a Canes fan and you are dropping from the 5th pick to the 21st.  I better be getting back more than a late second, a very promising but not blue chip prospect and a throw in.

Also, I almost forgot we drafted Hurley.  How's his development been?  He was the youngest player in the 13 draft wasn't he?

To CAR
 > NYI 1st, NYI 2nd, ONE of either [bailey/Baptiste/Carrier/Cettanaci] + ONE of either [Peterson/D'Amigo/Nevins/Hurley/Varone]

To BUF
 > CAR 1st.

I think they're at the point now where they would want to do the opposite of that trade.  They should be wanting to accelerate the development process a bit and bring in guys who are closer to the NHL level instead of waiting a couple extra years on someone from this year's draft.

To CAR

To BUF
 > CAR 1st.

Give them Carrier, Nevins/Varone and the rest all day!

released yesterday afternoon.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

17 Bittner, Paul LW 11/4/1996 L 6.04 204 Portland WHL

18 Svechnikov, Evgeny RW 10/31/1996 L 6.01.75 199 Cape Breton QMJHL

19 Merkley, Nick C 5/23/1997 R 5.10.5 191 Kelowna WHL

20 Ek Eriksson, Joel C 1/29/1997 L 6.01.75 180 Farjestad SweJE

21 Carlo, Brandon RD 11/26/1996 R 6.05 196 Tri-City WHL

22 Zboril, Jakub LD 2/21/1997 L 6.00.75 184 Saint John QMJHL

23 Roy, Jeremy RD 5/14/1997 R 6.00 188 Sherbrooke QMJHL

My guy Daniel Sprong comes in at 26.

Edited by Crusader1969

I know most here were ready to bridge jump at the prospect of the Sabres being left with the choice of Strome/Marner/Hanifan, but those kids are indeed elite high ceiling prospects. The Canes will not be moving that pick.

Marner could be gone by 5th. I think Strome's skating is coming under scrutiny as the play-offs continue.