Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

are you assuming that one of McNabb, Zadorov or Pysyk gets traded? If so, I agree with a pick on another D. If they hold on to the youngsters then I go highest skill level.

I believe that one of them will not pan out and having Zboril in the system will help in 3 years when we are making a run. Our defense pool is wearing thin. Also I think the kid is highly skilled. 

are you assuming that one of McNabb, Zadorov or Pysyk gets traded? If so, I agree with a pick on another D. If they hold on to the youngsters then I go highest skill level.

This board must really hate the Irish. 2 full days and nobody called you out on trading McNabb.

They're all the same!

I wouldn't be counting on Pysyk at this point either. He seems destined to early retirement with some sort of Lupus/LymeDisease/Fibromyalgia diagnosis and a friendly visit from animal control for the 60 cats he has at his house.

McJesus needs some help and he ain't getting it at the moment. His team is down 0-2 to Oshawa and he has one assist and is a -4 in the two games. I think Strome is getting exposed a bit, too. He's not nearly the skater I would hope to see at this juncture. 

GO SABRES!!!

McJesus needs some help and he ain't getting it at the moment. His team is down 0-2 to Oshawa and he has one assist and is a -4 in the two games. I think Strome is getting exposed a bit, too. He's not nearly the skater I would hope to see at this juncture.

GO SABRES!!!

Strome's skating will be a key factor in where he gets drafted. Does Arizona see everything else and just assume he'll get better as a skater? If so he goes at 3. If not they likely go Hanifin and Strome heads to Toronto or Carolina.

I'm just hoping provorov falls but doubt it.

Provorov will most likely go in the 8-12 range.  The chances of him sliding to 21 are almost 0.  His combine and interviews would have to be bad.  

You know that's a fake account right?

Future Considerations Top 30:

1 Connor McDavid Erie OHL C 6-1 195 CAN

2 Jack Eichel Boston University NCAA C 6-2 205 USA

3 Noah Hanifin Boston College NCAA D 6-3 205 USA

4 Dylan Strome Erie OHL C 6-3 185 CAN

5 Mitchell Marner London OHL RW 5-11 165 CAN

6 Mikko Rantanen TPS Liiga RW 6-4 200 FIN

7 Ivan Provorov Brandon WHL D 6-0 200 RUS

8 Zachary Werenski Michigan NCAA D 6-2 210 USA

9 Lawson Crouse Kingston OHL LW 6-4 215 CAN

10 Mathew Barzal Seattle WHL C 6-0 180 CAN

11 Travis Konecny Ottawa OHL C 5-10 170 CAN

12 Jeremy Roy Sherbrooke QMJHL D 6-0 185 CAN

13 Pavel Zacha Sarnia OHL C 6-3 210 CZE

14 Kyle Connor Youngstown USHL C 6-1 180 US

15 Colin White NTDP U18 USHL C 6-0 185 USA

16 Timo Meier Halifax QMJHL RW 6-0 210 CHE

17 Nick Merkley Kelowna WHL C 5-11 190 CAN

18 Evgeny Svechnikov Cape Breton QMJHL LW 6-3 210 RUS

19 Daniel Sprong Charlottetown QMJHL RW 6-0 190 CAN

20 Jakub Zboril Saint John QMJHL D 6-2 185 CZE

21 Jeremy Bracco NTDP U18 USHL C 5-9 175 USA

22 Thomas Chabot Saint John QMJHL D 6-2 180 CAN

23 Jansen Harkins Prince George WHL C 6-1 180 CAN

24 Oliver Kylington AIK (Loan) Allsvenskan D 6-0 180 FIN

25 Jake DeBrusk Swift Current WHL LW 6-0 175 CAN

26 Joel Ek Eriksson Farjestads J20 SuperElite C 6-2 185 SWE

27 Brock Boeser Waterloo USHL C 6-1 190 USA

28 Paul Bittner Portland WHL LW 6-4 205 USA

29 Jacob Larsson Frolunda J20 SuperElite D 6-2 185 FIN

30 Denis Guryanov Ladia Togliatti MHL RW 6-2 195 RUS

One of my top guys falls to Sabres in this ranking. Jeremy Bracco - speed and skill. 

Edited by Crusader1969

Future Considerations made a well thought out ranking.  Those later first round guys are right around where I think they will go. The one exception being Bittner, I think he has the potential to go higher than 28.

If we keep the 31st overall pick... Anthony Beauvillier should easily be the pick.  Kids got speed, hockey IQ, and a good shot. He works hard as well.  Only knock is he is 5'11" but he won't be 18 until June so he could still grow another inch or so.  Either way he is a very solid C/LW guy to add to the system. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=213435

"All-in-all, an offensively minded center that can outplay the opposition in a number of different ways. Needs to work on discipline and getting stronger. - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=213435#sthash.LPrJJu9l.dpuf"

Edited by LGR4GM