Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

I'm going out and saying it right now and god I hope I'm wrong on this. But Darcy started this whole tear down job to land top picks and now that he was canned and ended up in Arizona don't be surprised if somehow Arizona lands McDavid. I think the league would like that. It gives them a player that team and fans can finally get excited about and probably sells more tickets in the desert. Plus u look at their team this year and they don't have much scoring up front at all.

Luckily Arizona has one of the top goalies in the league and the Sabres dont.

Though you are right, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Coyotoes employ the same strategy as the Sabres.

Erat and Vermette will be UFA's at end of 2104/15 (deadline trades) and I wouldnt be surprised if Yandle and/or Doan are trade bait this coming year.

Luckily Arizona has one of the top goalies in the league and the Sabres dont.

Though you are right, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Coyotoes employ the same strategy as the Sabres.

Erat and Vermette will be UFA's at end of 2104/15 (deadline trades) and I wouldnt be surprised if Yandle and/or Doan are trade bait this coming year.

Since when is Mike Smith one of the top goalies in the league? Other than his playoff run two years ago he's "meh."

I hope Zacha comes over here this year and plays and I hope he is drafted by us. Anytime I see things about aggressive and likes to shoot, I get warm fuzzy feels.

Also there is a defender named Pilon... this amuses me.

Also Lawson Crousse is a "moose" ... this amuses me more.

You just know his hockey nickname will be Coner.

Rich Pilon's kid? Nothing amusing there if he's a chip off the old block.

I'm going out and saying it right now and god I hope I'm wrong on this. But Darcy started this whole tear down job to land top picks and now that he was canned and ended up in Arizona don't be surprised if somehow Arizona lands McDavid. I think the league would like that. It gives them a player that team and fans can finally get excited about and probably sells more tickets in the desert. Plus u look at their team this year and they don't have much scoring up front at all.

You've been beating this drum constantly now. You do realize how little impact an assistant GM is going to impact the performance of a team, especially in just one year, right? The idea of them bottoming out so quickly thanks to him is ridiculous.

You've been beating this drum constantly now. You do realize how little impact an assistant GM is going to impact the performance of a team, especially in just one year, right? The idea of them bottoming out so quickly thanks to him is ridiculous.

I don't think he's saying Darcy is going to do something to make it happen, just that it will happen somehow because the fates hate us.

Didn't know it was his kid. Lemieux statue in Pittsburgh has Mario permenantly beating Pilon.

I was asking. Seems like it would be about the right time for him to have a son making his way to the NHL.

I was asking. Seems like it would be about the right time for him to have a son making his way to the NHL.

Eliteprospects.com has good lineage. Ryan Pilon is expected to be taken in the 2015 draft. Ryan has an Uncle Rich Pilon. Rich's son Garrett is 15 years old and plays in a league I don't know.

some cool news if it is accurate - Zacha to come to OHL. Article is translated to English

The greatest hockey talent disappear overseas. Zach goes from Liberec to OHLT

The draft matures in 2015, according to experts exceptional generation of hockey players, which may affect the NHL for a long time. A one of its biggest stars is to become Pavel Zach, now seventeen year old Czech center. In order to fulfill his dream closer, is likely to come from Liberec Club Sarnia Sting in the Ontario Junior Hockey League.

CIG5019ca_profimedia_0176064227.jpg

Czech had a representative in the Top 10 overall pick in the NHL for the last ten years, only twice. In June 2007, Columbus booked striker James Voráček as number 7 and the year before Florida took Michael Frolik as ten.

According to forecasts, which are naturally still evolving, Zach headed in the next auction hopefully somewhere between the fifth and tenth position. To further improve its prospects and the NHL was interested as much in his eyes, he decided to move overseas. In Liberec ACKs him is attributed the role of extras and a junior or farm in Venice hockey player with his goal - to be among the best in the world - just not enough.

In season 2014/15 would be active in the club Sarnia Sting in the Ontario Hockey League. "Negotiations are nearing the end, the final agreement should be ready in the coming days," said hokejistův father Pavel Zacha

It is shaped like a grown man (191 cm and 96 kg), so it eliminates the usual teen troubles with shirring muscles. You now divided from the elite to be skilful forwards James Crow and David Pastrňák that freshly picked Washington Capitals and Boston Bruins.

Zach among their peers further excels in swift and precise shot, the ability to play hard on the body and hockey intelligence and responsibility.

Zach, meanwhile, pretty quiet (at least temporarily) broke with the Tigers Liberec. Sarnia during a series of meetings with agents Zachovými Michal Sivko and Alan Walsh can offer all
in the private (local boys living in families) after professionally. Quality food. Opportunity in the first string and in all key situations. The possibility of further development in skating, shooting and stick handling.

Zach is the
environment happy. Zahrančiní engagement takes it as a challenge. Eager to promote and showcase the curiosity of the NHL. Sarnia in the past helped to position number one draft pick Steven Stamkos (2008) and nail Jakupovovi (2012). How high will push Paul Zach?
Edited by Crusader1969

Yeah atleast make it easy for us lazy cunts and make a synopsis, we don't want to read all that ######.

but come one! We learned that they have "quality food" in Sarnia. Riveting.

In all seriousness this is an interesting development because at the CHL import draft Sarnia got some side glances because everyone thought Zacka was going back to play in Europe at least another year or two. This guy could challenge for a top 5 pick depending on how quickly he adjusts.

2015 NHL Draft - 50 Weeks and 50 Prospects (In no particular order)

Week 1 Brock Boeser C Waterloo USHL 6’0 195lbs

Week 2 Nathan Noel C Saint John QMJHL 5’10 163lbs

Week 3 Mathew Barzal C Seattle WHL 5’11 174lbs

Week 4 - Mitchell Marner C London Knights 5’10 164lbs

Ranked 22 by Future Considerations

Londons-Mitchell-Marner-is-tied-for-the-OHL-rookie-scoring-lead-Aaron-Bell-OHL-Images.jpg

Career Highlights –

2014 -
invited to attend Canada's National Men's Summer Under-18 Team selection camp that will be held from Aug. 2-5, to select the team that will represent Canada at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup.

-
14 –
His 46A ranked 4
th
on the high-scoring Knights team. Marners Rookie season with the team.

2013 –
London Knights 1
st
pick (19
th
overall) in the OHL entry Draft

He is thought of a pass-first playmaker as evidenced by his stat line of 13G 46A in his first season in the OHL. Has great vision with elite offensive potential. His quick feet allow him to create time and space in the offensive zone. His two-way game is very strong - understands position in the defensive side of the game.

His size seems to be his biggest detriment though he did add 3 inches and 30lbs over the last year.

Marner heads into this season as a potential mid first round pick.

Edited by Crusader1969