Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

I don't know if I put McDavid over Crosby. Crosby has Mvp award, Stanley Cup and Gold medal in Olympics. McDavid isn't even in the league yet.

I thought the question was ranking them as to their hype and potential coming out of the draft?

Well, the scouts were right and one could argue his skating is why it took him longed to dominate than say Stamkos. Anyway, I like Tank's ranking.

Yeah? I remember a buncha foolish scouts saying his skating was meh.

Tavares was the clear number one, but then as it got closer to the draft people started questioning if he should go first overall or if he was first because of the hype. It happens every year really, as people start to focus on the stars flaws more than anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Next_One

Crosby really had more hype than McDavid? McDavids playing better than Sidney was in his draft year, and in a tougher league

Well I admit that was before my hockey time, but i figure as there was no season there was little else to do but rave about how good Crosby would be

Edited by ThirtyEight

Going back a generation here but Mario Lemieux had 282 pts in 70 games in his draft year.

Guy who was 3rd in league scoring that season never played 1 game in the NHL.

Many top scorers in junior were never able to take the next step, could be numerous reasons:

Size, fire in the belly, speed, confidence, mental makeup, conditioning etc...

We don't know the draft prospects other than by stats like points but that is not the be all end all.

I hope Murray has had a look at multiple games of Strome, Hanifin, Marner, Krouse, Provorov etc... In case we pick 3rd.

McDavid up to 2 goals and 3 assists in the game now. 110 points in 41 games. 39 goals in that time. That was two minutes into the third.

Drove to Erie to see him in person tonight. I've gotta say, he really makes playing hockey look effortless. I'm not saying anything everyone here doesn't know already, but the way he cycles through the zone when he doesn't have the puck is mesmerizing. The other big thing that really stood out was how incredibly patient he was when he had the puck and aware of his surroundings. His forecheck was good all game, but his backcheck really seemed like the stronger of the two. It was a great game to see, especially considering how well Baptise did. Though he should have had another goal and McDavid should have had another assist, but what can you do? 

Going back a generation here but Mario Lemieux had 282 pts in 70 games in his draft year.

Guy who was 3rd in league scoring that season never played 1 game in the NHL.

Many top scorers in junior were never able to take the next step, could be numerous reasons:

Size, fire in the belly, speed, confidence, mental makeup, conditioning etc...

We don't know the draft prospects other than by stats like points but that is not the be all end all.

I hope Murray has had a look at multiple games of Strome, Hanifin, Marner, Krouse, Provorov etc... In case we pick 3rd.

You're not talking about McDavid here are you?

Better than Crosby

I remember being at a preseason game in Buffalo during Crosby's rookie year. Other than knowing his name from the hype, he didn't do anything that stood out. I don't know if this is my poor judge of talent shining through, or if it took him a little time to adjust to the NHL. For my ego, I choose the latter!

I think Boeser is going to be the better all around player.  The thing Bittner has that appears better is his shot.  

I like his net presence, he positions himself well to do something with the puck when he gets it whether by a pass or rebound.  While they are similar, Boeser is just missing something in my book.  I haven't quite put my finger on it and only seen two live games this year, plus his highlights.  But I think both could be solid, GMTM type players.

I like his net presence, he positions himself well to do something with the puck when he gets it whether by a pass or rebound.  While they are similar, Boeser is just missing something in my book.  I haven't quite put my finger on it and only seen two live games this year, plus his highlights.  But I think both could be solid, GMTM type players.

I could agree with that.  I will say that I wouldn't be upset if Murray drafted Bittner over Boeser, just a little disappointed because I like the one better.  

actually there are several scenarios where we get both players...  :flirt: