Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Know what's cool? The lottery changes next year really benefit us if we're looking at a top-10 pick (which I think is the most likely scenario). Imagine another elite prospect without even needing to try for it!

That should help us but I'm done with cheering losses unless there's maybe 10 games left and we are way out of it.

That should help us but I'm done with cheering losses unless there's maybe 10 games left and we are way out of it.

Oh for sure, it's time to win some games. It will, however, be hilarious if the new lottery system designed to discourage tanking ends up rewarding the ultimate tankers.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

After all we've been through recently if this team lands the third pick I'll cry.

I'm in total agreement about coming in last but if they do end up drafting 3rd or 4th - hopefully this makes you feel a bit better.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/knights-marner-proves-doubters-wrong/

though I love Marner and think he will be a hell of an NHL'er I would think Hanifin is the 3rd pick, Marner 4th. Thing that seperates Marner from Strome is that Marner continued scoring pace while Domi was away at the WJC. Can't say the same for Strome.

Ummm......   

https://vine.co/v/O2Z70UT9HEt

Carrion thread all over it JJ FiveOhersLate. ;)

McDreamy ended up with four goals and an assist tonight. Ten points in his last two games... The kid just gets better and better.

I lied. Four points and TWO assists. Six points. 11 points in two games...

Edited by Tank

As it stands right now with the Kings making the playoffs, four of the five teams holding the top five draft slots have two 1st round picks in this years draft. 

The Tampa Bay Lightning, currently 7th in the NHL in points also have two 1st round picks in this years draft. 

With all the hype going into this years draft, I expect there is going to be a lot more moment of picks. Chicago will need to try to compensate for Kane being out of the lineup. Three teams are battling for the final wildcard spot in the East. Four teams in the West battling for that final Wildcard and final Pacific Division spot. Toronto will likely dump some pieces and things can really get interesting if Colorado overreacts to an extremely disappointing season.

Things are going to get very interesting.