Semifinals Thread

Eleven

Price is out for the rest of the series, per WGR.

Kreider "accidentally" ran into Craig Anderson last year, too- screwed him up for 6 weeks. Admittedly it wasn't the playoffs, but he seems to be pretty good at just happening to slide full force into goaltenders.

Man, I was really hoping for a Canadiens v Blackhawks final.

Kreider "accidentally" ran into Craig Anderson last year, too- screwed him up for 6 weeks. Admittedly it wasn't the playoffs, but he seems to be pretty good at just happening to slide full force into goaltenders.

This really is the issue. Kreider has a bit of a history of going at goaltenders with reckless abandon. I'd expect that he'll be public enemy number one for however long Montreal limps this series along.

I had heard about that this morning. I still don't think he does it intentionally; he just doesn't have sufficient regard for how fast he is moving. If he can't develop that regard, he probably needs to be disciplined.

But I wouldn't put him in the same class as Lucic or Kaleta, you know?

I had heard about that this morning. I still don't think he does it intentionally; he just doesn't have sufficient regard for how fast he is moving. If he can't develop that regard, he probably needs to be disciplined.

But I wouldn't put him in the same class as Lucic or Kaleta, you know?

C'mon. He has been playing hockey for all but probably 2 years of his life. He knew exactly how fast he was going and what he was doing. It was intentional.

C'mon. He has been playing hockey for all but probably 2 years of his life. He knew exactly how fast he was going and what he was doing. It was intentional.

Thierrien and several Habs players said they didn't think it was intentional.

I would love an original six finals.

Would work for me.

I would love to never hear the term "original six" ever again. Sorry, but it's true.
The most overused term in the sport.

Maybe I don't watch enough TV, or listen to/read enough coverage. The notion of the Original 6 is one I still like well enough.

+++

I read the quote "accidentally on purpose", which is about the same as Eleven's "reckless."

I think that's about right.

I like Kreider's game a lot - he can move for a fella that size.

Edited by That Aud Smell

The term I've seen Habs personnel and fans use is "accidentally on purpose".

Yeah, let's dive into that murky grey area. But only Kreider knows for sure. Crappy situation any way you slice it.

Either way, when the Rangers sweep 'em or kill them off in 5, it's going to feel cheap.

The term I've seen Habs personnel and fans use is "accidentally on purpose".

Yeah, let's dive into that murky grey area. But only Kreider knows for sure. Crappy situation any way you slice it.

Either way, when the Rangers sweep 'em or kill them off in 5, it's going to feel cheap.

Injuring him was an accident. Running into him at full speed was not.

FTR, I have been wishing that the Sabres would do more of this for years.

Cary Price is out. that sucks. The playoffs just got a little less interesting for me.

By far Montreal's best player in the postseason .

Maybe I don't watch enough TV, or listen to/read enough coverage. The notion of the Original 6 is one I still like well enough.

I get it. I just don't need to be reminded that a team is an original 6 franchise during every broadcast.

Also forget the fact that the original 6 were not the original 6. The original 4 were Montreal, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto.

Watched it a few times. When he starts to shoot, he does so with the intention of stopping in front of Price (to not overskate the net and to try to get any rebound; this is evidenced by his right foot trying to execute a weak one-footed hockey stop). But when he shoots he puts himself off balance, making it impossible to stop. He executes this really pretty close to Price, almost guaranteeing contact or an immense snow shower even if he does what he wants to do. But he loses it and takes him out. He probably could've skated through that play to the boards or stopped to the side of Price with pretty much no risk to anyone.

Seem like he was playing literally on the (skate) edge and fell over. A little bit reckless, but not criminal.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Cary Price is out. that sucks. The playoffs just got a little less interesting for me.

Yeah the Price injury honestly disappoints me a lot. I hadn't seen game 1, so I don't know what everyone's referring to with this Kreider incident, but anything that took away the goalie match-up of Lundqvist and Price just sucks.

I know I've asked before, still I forgot, but I believe it's Dudacek and Ghost that have a Rangers/Finals bet, no?

Price out is the pits.

I get it. I just don't need to be reminded that a team is an original 6 franchise during every broadcast.

Also forget the fact that the original 6 were not the original 6. The original 4 were Montreal, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto.

Fair enough. The bottom line, I guess, is that, if my team's not in it, I prefer to have sweaters with some history or significance to them in the playoffs. The so-called Original 6 are grand that way. And any Canadian team will do, as would the Wild (owing mostly to the markets where they play). The Kings even pass that test for me -- I can draw on memories of the Triple Crown line (was that what it was called?) and then Gretzky's Kings playing the Leafs in the Western finals.

i hope this doesn't bring the integrity of the whole forum down..... but i cackled like a villain when i saw this

hossa-gif.gif

Awesome.

Hossa is a great, great player.

Agreed on the bolded part.

Probably on the non-bolded part too, except maybe for PK.

Why would nobody do that?

I'm the FUCALE!! guy ... ;)

Well, Fucale isn't playing for the Mooseheads right now, so maybe they should bring him in ... not sure if he is signed yet though.

He is signed, but he's a few years away haha

I know there's a funereal pall over the rest of the Habs/Rangers series which is made worse considering the final score of game 1, and I certainly feel the hopeless doom and gloom myself, but I wonder if we're not all counting chickens before they've hatched?

The Habs are fantastic at rallying around an underdog cry this season- is this the pummeling of adversity that leads to a Disney movie magic ending?

I'd read rumours that Subban was injured- as far as I've seen those are false. Say the young goalie (Tokarski's his name?) manages to play the series of his life, and Subban and co really turn it up? Someone has to stop NY's fast breakouts, though.

Lundqvist is a hell of a goalie when he's on, but he's sputtered on and off this season. I think he turned "on" halfway through the last series. Maybe the off switch is busted and he'll carry NY to their first cup in 20 years. I'd felt pretty blah about the Rangers all season, I'm still surprised they're doing as well as they are.

Just playing devil's advocate here. :mellow: I personally am with the rest of the apocalypse prophets.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.