Semifinals Thread

Eleven

Listening to Dick Emrick call a goal is like getting a blowj0b from a chick with braces!!!!

This is a weird simile. Are you saying when Emrick is good at his job his annoyances don't matter?

(it has also sent me down the path of wondering how a girl with braces gives different head to a girl without...)

This is a weird simile. Are you saying when Emrick is good at his job his annoyances don't matter?

(it has also sent me down the path of wondering how a girl with braces gives different head to a girl without...)

I took it as, "what should be a joyous occasion, is metal scraping on my …"

A ticket to game 2 of Rangers-Canadiens: $150

A hotel in Montreal this time of year: $200

An autographed PK Subban jersey: $350

Beating the New York Rangers without your starting goalie: Priceless. :flirt:

lets not get ahead of ourselves my friend...

where are your seats? You should post a pic for us!!

Something like 40, or 50, years (1962, I think) between the most recent cup and their cup in 2010.

Well, let's look at the rebuild of the Chicago Blackhawks as a comparison to our potential rebuild

If you equate this Sabres season to the 06-07 Blackhawks (the last year BEFORE their rebuild began)

then for 2014-15, the Sabres should see a marked turnaround in their record - posting a winning record, but not qualifying for the playoffs, maybe 3rd or 4th in the Division.

2015-16 - the Sabres should get a round or two deep into the playoffs before elimination.

2016-17 - true Stanley Cup contender status. The Cup in this season, or 2017-18

That's if OUR rebuild is executed as efficiently and well as Chicago's rebuild.

Season by Season Blackhawks record here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chicago_Blackhawks_seasons

Again, this is assuming our rebuild is as successful as Chicago's. I have faith in GMTM, but I am concerned that Pegula might be loading the front office with a bunch of uncouth ham-handed self-important misanthropes like Battista.

you know home office wants a NYC-LA match up

I'd be surprised of they wanted that match up and not the CHI-NYC one. Original 6, Blackhawks dynasty on the line with high scoring talent vs. King Henrik and the St.Louis story-line? I'd love that series. I remember when LA went to the Finals against the Devils a few years back. First Finals sense I've been watching hockey, albeit not too long, that I didn't catch a single game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.