Semifinals Thread

Eleven

You said Kids without a qualifier. That makes it all inclusive.

Usually when people take offense to a statement, often time it's because they're guilty of said statement. I'm sorry you took offense to what I said.

Now, back to the game.

Ask any NHL player and I am sure they will tell you the only trophy that matters is the Stanley Cup.

Conference Champion Trophies and the Presidents Trophy mean nothing, so I say, get rid of them.

The CHL awards championship trophies of each league and then they have another championship for the CHL as a whole.

MLB does something and so does the NBA maybe ... not sure and don't really care.

Montreal hosts the Rangers in just a few hours.

Also, here's the bracket, so no one has to go looking for it: http://bracketchalle...19506?locale=en

I know I'm late to this but I'm sticking w/ my original picks in 6 each.

Had SJ not choked 1 W earlier than normal, I'd've been in good shape. Oh well, hopefully the Kings stop messing up my bracket, sorry Dark.

Any kid that gets a participation award and thinks he won something, well, probably isn't going to succeed later anyway.

If getting a participation trophy doesn't make kids feel like they won something, then why would not getting one make them miserable?

These two thoughts are not incongruous. FTR, I'm for participation awards, I'm thinking that if a certain someone got more of them, he would realize the privilege of being able to compete at this level and not be telling people he is going to f#####g kill them next year.

Oh, and this is a pretty good hockey game.

The most overused term in the sport.

Hadn't considered that idea before.

I wonder if "Original Six" is being transformed into a euphemism for "large television market that the media can latch onto as deserving" at the expense of both non-traditional large television markets and all small markets.

I would love to never hear the term "original six" ever again. Sorry, but it's true.

Same here. I think it's cool for tshirts and memorabilia, but nothing more.

i hope this doesn't bring the integrity of the whole forum down..... but i cackled like a villain when i saw this

hossa-gif.gif

There are very few players on Chicago that I don't LOVE. Hossa is probably right there behind Kane and Toews for me. He's a future Hall of Famer, in my opinion.

i hope this doesn't bring the integrity of the whole forum down..... but i cackled like a villain when i saw this

Why? Because a skill player who was about to get decked turned the tables and dished out a blow of his own or is there some deep seeded loathing for Dustin Brown?

Edited by inkman

Why? Because a skill player who was about to get decked turned the tables and dished out a blow of his own or is there some deep seeded loathing for Dustin Brown?

Because if you hate on other players or teams or enjoy watching other players or teams get beat, you're a rock-throwing terrorist that will destroy the integrity of our internet in a most unflattering manner. Enjoy the schadenfreude thread.

Fans bases like Buffalo's, that hate successful teams, and good players on other teams, come off as downtrodden people living in third world countries who throw rocks at the arrogant Americans driving past in their Hummers.

That's not a "true fan experience" I ever want to be a part of. ... I have no need or desire to put other sports teams or cities down to distract from where my teams are at the moment. I don't need to rail on other fan bases or manufacture league wide conspiracy as so many here do. We here claim to be among the best and most knowledgeable hockey.sports fans around. We can't be if we continue as a group to allow our jealousies and inferiority complex rule the day. We should as a group be better than this. It's drags the board as a whole down to a level which is extremely unflattering.

By the power of budjai!!!!..... Na who am I kidding, it's over

Now do the habs start cheap shotting back?!?

It was more reckless than cheap, IMO.

I know this board would be clamoring for Scott to run Lundqvist if the Sabres were in Montreal's situation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.