Semifinals Thread

Eleven

I was dating a hardcore Ranger fan for awhile. She and her friends treated him like many Sabres fans treat Vanek. Their message boards looked like ours. I'm not kidding, at all. "Scoring meaningless goals" and "he did nothing until he scored now he's invisible again" and so on.

No wonder you made a bad bet.......

No wonder you made a bad bet.......

Never said *I* thought that. Anyway, you can't possible like the Rangers' chances outside of Lundqvist stealing it or just saying "well ALL the money is going on LA, so...."

In case not everyone picked up on it, my original post on Gaborik was tongue-in-cheek cross-thread trolling from the Pat Kane thread and discussion of clutch.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Never said *I* thought that. Anyway, you can't possible like the Rangers' chances outside of Lundqvist stealing it or just saying "well ALL the money is going on LA, so...."

In case not everyone picked up on it, my original post on Gaborik was tongue-in-cheek cross-thread trolling from the Pat Kane thread and discussion of clutch.

I'm just chirping you.....

I actually mentally censored my original post which was going to be...."Good news for you, much like their fans, the Rangers only finish once every 54 years....."

And I love the Rangers. The Kings are a similar team. Their forwards are just a tad more potent across the board, but they put more of their D in one basket. I'd take Lundqvist over Quick 92% of the time.

The series odds are probably LA -145 NY +125. I shall look, but that's where it was trending....

Well, in the end the 92% likelihood that the team up 3-1 in the series wins Game 7, prevailed.

I think the only chance the Rangers realistically have of winning the Stanley Cup will be if they can Kreider Jonathan Quick early in the series. Otherwise, we pretty much just saw the Stanley Cup Final tonight.

I'm just chirping you.....

I actually mentally censored my original post which was going to be...."Good news for you, much like their fans, the Rangers only finish once every 54 years....."

And I love the Rangers. The Kings are a similar team. Their forwards are just a tad more potent across the board, but they put more of their D in one basket. I'd take Lundqvist over Quick 92% of the time.

The series odds are probably LA -145 NY +125. I shall look, but that's where it was trending....

Yea, I can't picture the Kings being anything other than heavy favorites. All of the media are taking them, fans seem to be overwhelmingly picking them...frankly, this worries me more than the chance Lundqvist just steals it.

Dream finals match-up for the league. The two biggest media markets make the finals.

When was the last time it was LA vs. NY in a championship in any sport? They will play it up big! Celebrities everywhere. Jimmy Fallon was already doing stuff to the Montreal mascot Youppi. Goofing on LA will be irresistible. Imagine a show bet with LA-based Jimmy Kimmel.

Gaborik...has there ever been a better rental player picked up at the deadline?

He is one of the better ones i've seen since i started watching hockey 14 years ago.

That being said, just happy regher will have a shot at the cup.

Edited by Heimdall

Aaaaand I automatically win the Sabrespace bracket. :thumbsup:

Nice! After the Kings pulled off the comeback on SJ and you realized you were the only one to choose the Kings, it seemed you had a great chance. And now they don't even have to win the friggin thing for you to win the bracket.

Nice! After the Kings pulled off the comeback on SJ and you realized you were the only one to choose the Kings, it seemed you had a great chance. And now they don't even have to win the friggin thing for you to win the bracket.

I can't believe not one person picked the Rangers to advance. That's amazing.

I can't believe not one person picked the Rangers to advance. That's amazing.

Not really; it's not like they were favorites, and the board mantra the past two years has been about world-class goaltending, alone, not being enough. Plus I don't think anyone saw Price being knocked out.

Not really; it's not like they were favorites, and the board mantra the past two years has been about world-class goaltending, alone, not being enough. Plus I don't think anyone saw Price being knocked out.

Sure, but you have to figure law of averages at least one person would take a gamble.

Sure, but you have to figure law of averages at least one person would take a gamble.

Alright, I HAD to look it up, and I found the odds of the Rangers winning the Cup (as of the start of the playoffs, i.e. when we made our brackets).

This site had it at 20 to 1: http://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/stanley-cup-futures-0

There were 28 of us who filled out a bracket, so... I guess you could figure that at least one of us would've chosen them?

When was the last time it was LA vs. NY in a championship in any sport? They will play it up big! Celebrities everywhere. Jimmy Fallon was already doing stuff to the Montreal mascot Youppi. Goofing on LA will be irresistible. Imagine a show bet with LA-based Jimmy Kimmel.

There were a couple of Knicks - Lakers finals in the early 70's and a couple of Yankees - Dodgers World Series in the late 70's / early 80's. Otherwise, I can't think of any. Finals tickets are going to cost a fortune in this series!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.