Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

We just got back from playing hockey out in Fairport. Your bro was at the rink with his girl watching a team play on the other ice sheet :lol:

As funny as that may seem, I thinking about building a rink in the back yard. We could all benefit from it. My bro is quite an athlete I'm sure he'd do fine in whatever league ur playing in.

As funny as that may seem, I thinking about building a rink in the back yard. We could all benefit from it. My bro is quite an athlete I'm sure he'd do fine in whatever league ur playing in.

He's f*cking huge. He'd accidentally kill anyone who runs into him. :P

Vanek on the fourth line for Montreal.
What the f######Is vanek even on Montreal?
Vanek got put on fourth line, must be in Chateau Bow Wow.
wow Vanek is either hurt or the laziest skater ever. Guy looked so "meh" out there.
Great game by price. Wow. And Vanek was invisible. He better get it in gear if he's going to have 5 goals by the time he gets two handed by Lucic.

I've been unable to post, but did anyone read the Montreal coach's remark about Vanek - something about how work ethic is non-negotiable? That comment probably came before Vanek got demoted but then wound up notching 2 goals.

I've been unable to post, but did anyone read the Montreal coach's remark about Vanek - something about how work ethic is non-negotiable? That comment probably came before Vanek got demoted but then wound up notching 2 goals.

His work ethic scoring those goals was mediocre as well. He stood in front and used his excellent hand eye coordination to get great deflections. Not trying to take away from what he did but he didn't work hard outside of getting in position in front. Those comments came the day before though and I think they are spot on. Vanek is not and will not be a solid 200ft player so I guess I will stop expecting him to be.

His work ethic scoring those goals was mediocre as well. He stood in front and used his excellent hand eye coordination to get great deflections. Not trying to take away from what he did but he didn't work hard outside of getting in position in front. Those comments came the day before though and I think they are spot on. Vanek is not and will not be a solid 200ft player so I guess I will stop expecting him to be.

To be fair he is playing off wing, with a lw that could not put a accurate pass on my grandmothers stick if she was standing still at center ice. The center is half the size of a walnut, can only see the LW side of the ice, and probably would not be playing on the first or second lines of any other playoff team.. Now that I said that they will go on a scoring tear and I hope they do because I hate Boston. A pathectic line,NHL playoffs level skill wise, other than Patches speed and shooting ability. TV is averaging two shots per game?.Beyond Price, Subban and TV what do you see???? .

Edited by waldo

I caught it. Reminded me that shortly after he was traded to Montreal there was a comment about his effort too. Maybe there was something to the complaints that he was the European Vacation. Or maybe that dismantled team wasn't a good/hard skating team.

The two second-round series tonight? I couldn't care less about them. I mean, just boring hockey, teams that I hate in the East, teams that I really don't care about in the West. I would have loved it if the NHL had staggered the other two series properly.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.