Second Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Good game tonight. I love seeing boston lose, but I'm in a playoff pool and I really need them to hold on and lose in game 6 of the cup final to either Chicago or LA so I can make some money.

I quit watching after the end of the 1st overtime - this is great news to awaken to! Never thought I'd be rooting for Montreal and PK Subban, but there it is! Nice thing about Subban - he's more than a cheap-shotting goon, he's actually a highly skilled offensive d-man.

I loved seeing Tukka Rask's frustration after some of those Habs goals. :)

I quit watching after the end of the 1st overtime - this is great news to awaken to! Never thought I'd be rooting for Montreal and PK Subban, but there it is! Nice thing about Subban - he's more than a cheap-shotting goon, he's actually a highly skilled offensive d-man.

I loved seeing Tukka Rask's frustration after some of those Habs goals. :)

I'd root for the devil himself, if he were playing the Flyers or Bruins :P

Great game by price. Wow. And Vanek was invisible. He better get it in gear if he's going to have 5 goals by the time he gets two handed by Lucic.

Vanek's ice time was low from the outset. Only 4 shifts for a total of 3 minutes of ice in 2nd. Briere too, but more to be expected there. Maybe Ink's theory is right and Theirien wants to save him until later in the series if/when things settle down. He did not look confident. Go Habs!

Guest Sloth

Glad the Habs won. Can't stand the Bruins. Pulling for Chicago tonight! Playoff hockey is the best. Easily surpasses other sports, in my opinion. Something exciting to watch every night.

I full expect the Bruins to try to hurt Subban in this series. It would certainly appease all their racist fans.

I can't believe that they are doing this again just two years after the Joel Ward incident.

Oh, wait; it's Boston. Of course I can.

I full expect the Bruins to try to hurt Subban in this series. It would certainly appease all their racist fans.

This story is so annoying. I see this article http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/05/02/boston-strong-racist-reaction-after-subban-scores-game-winner/ the dude went and looked for tweets and found 12 of them? Are they all from the same guy? Why not include the account? Garbage.

I don't doubt there's some racist Bruins fans, but I bet it's an extremely small percentage, same as the # of racist Sabres fans, Leafs fans, etc.

This story is so annoying. I see this article http://detroit.cbslo...es-game-winner/ the dude went and looked for tweets and found 12 of them? Are they all from the same guy? Why not include the account? Garbage.

I don't doubt there's some racist Bruins fans, but I bet it's an extremely small percentage, same as the # of racist Sabres fans, Leafs fans, etc.

The big problem is that a lot of the perps deleted their tweets once people started finding and sharing them. There were a lot out there right after the goal was scored. But I think there were more people tweeting about waiting for racist tweets than people actually tweeting racist things.

So this is an interesting look at how the secondary ticket market is much lower than buying direct from the team. If you want a ticket for the 2nd round boston series you can get one for 40% below face if you buy in the secondary market.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12692159/1/record-high-bruins-tickets-are-killing-the-secondary-market.html

The cheapest ticket on the broad secondary market -- which includes all major ticket re-sellers -- was $124, a 20% discount. For the second round, the disparity between the two prices has grown even further. The cheapest face value ticket at Boston's TD Garden is selling for $221, almost as high as the $264 average price on the secondary market for Boston's first-round games. The cheapest secondary market ticket for the second round in Boston is $130, 41% below face value.

I'd root for the devil himself, if he were playing the Flyers or Bruins :P

Yep!!!! That was beautiful last night! Habs made a strong statement, winning the series opener IN Boston! Just hope they don't pull a Detroit and fade away.

Along those lines, I heard one of the commentators mention that he heard Lucic say upon returning to the bench - "we missed him!!" in reference to Subban. So they are targeting him. How about the whole idea of OUT playing him, instead of putting him on the DL with cheap shots and penalties?

As someone on this forum mentioned, Lucic and Marchand are some of the worst people in the NHL - they have zero regard for other human beings.

I did notice that Subban had a very nice move a couple times last night - someone would be charging up to try and check him into the boards - he would move and spin so that it deflected the Boston player into the boards, he just got brushed - the Boston player took the punishment. It was very nice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.