2014-2015 Roster

Stads

Bye bye Cory:

@uptownhockey: Uptown client Cory Conacher is now an unrestricted free agent that can sign with any #NHL club starting tomorrow at noon. @BuffaloSabres

Good. I've been consistently anti-Conacher since I don't like tiny players who can't score. Nice kid, local guy, but glad he is gone. :angel:

I could also see Murray move Enroth. I like Enroth, and I think he deserves a full year as the starter here. If he plays well and you still want to move him then you get actual value in a year. BUT he could possibly want to give one of Hackett/Lieuwen a shot this year which would likely single out Enroth to go.

My ideal move would be to trade enroth (who I'm a fan of) and let Hackett backup Neuvirth. And then have makarov and lieuwen in the AHL

I like the way the goalies shape up this year: it's show me time for all of them.

• You got Jhonas and Michal battling for the number one job in the show, winner probably gets a long-term contract.
  • You've got Hackett having to show Tim that last year was a mirage and that he is ready to back up the winner of the above battle.
  • And you've got Makarov and Lieuwen fighting to push Hackett to the curb and get a leg up on the race to be "goalie of the future." The odd man out will get lots of ice time in Elmira.

I like the way the goalies shape up this year: it's show me time for all of them.

• You got Jhonas and Michal battling for the number one job in the show, winner probably gets a long-term contract.
  • You've got Hackett having to show Tim that last year was a mirage and that he is ready to back up the winner of the above battle.
  • And you've got Makarov and Lieuwen fighting to push Hackett to the curb and get a leg up on the race to be "goalie of the future." The odd man out will get lots of ice time in Elmira.

I really think Makarov and Lieuwen are going to push someone out. They looked very good last year, meanwhile you have Hackett, Enroth and Neuvirth both vying for NHL starter spots. There's no way any of them should be taking ice time from Makarov and Lieuwen in the AHL. Someone is going to be leaving.

I really think Makarov and Lieuwen are going to push someone out. They looked very good last year, meanwhile you have Hackett, Enroth and Neuvirth both vying for NHL starter spots. There's no way any of them should be taking ice time from Makarov and Lieuwen in the AHL. Someone is going to be leaving.

i think nolan is going to be rostering 3 goalies for a bit of the season

That's what I thought until they qualified Hackett.

Now I see one of Makarov/Lieuwen getting the lion's share in Elmira to start and one of the five being dumped by the deadline.

So I think you're right, but not right away.

Now I see one of Makarov/Lieuwen getting the lion's share in Elmira to start and one of the five being dumped by the deadline.

In that case I think Makarov is a Jackal.

It's just too many goalies, especially since the best of 'em might just turn out to be Ullmark. Someone will be out of a job by the end of the season.

I know they have the rest of the summer, but still some spots to fill...

Top 3 line centers - Reinhart, Ennis & Girgensons

Top 3 line wingers - Hodgson, Stewart, Stafford, Gionta, Moulson & Foligno

4th line - Deslauriers, McCormick, Mitchell

Spare forwards - Kaleta, ??? & ???

Blueline - Myers, Gorges, Risto, Weber, Pysyk, & ???

Spare blueliner - ???

Edited by LabattBlue

Top 3 line wingers - Hodgson, Stewart, Stafford, Gionta, Moulson, Foligno, Deslauriers, Mitchell & ???

4th line - Flynn, McCormick, Kaleta

Spare forwards - ??? & ???

Spare blueliner - ???

Who is the player in your avatar? Ric Seiling?

Who is the player in your avatar? Ric Seiling?

Yep

Top 3 line wingers - Hodgson, Stewart, Stafford, Gionta, Moulson, Foligno, Deslauriers, Mitchell & ???

4th line - Flynn, McCormick, Kaleta

Spare forwards - ??? & ???

Spare blueliner - ???

My mistake... I have too many wingers in my top 9. I corrected my original post.

Edited by LabattBlue

I hope they trade Hackett.

What John Vogl just posted is probably pretty close to what we'll see:

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta

Foligno-Girgensons-Stewart

Deslauriers-McCormick-Kaleta

Maybe Larsson gets another full year in the AHL? Torrey Mitchell could/should be the extra forward.

That lineup looks, almost unfortunately, good.

Edited by Tankalicious

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta

Maybe Larsson gets another full year in the AHL? Torrey Mitchell could/should be the extra forward.

We may have to trade Stewart for a young prospect that is a year away from being pretty good.

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta

Those won't be the lines. Moulson will play with Reinhart if he makes the team. Bet on it.

We may have to trade Stewart for a young prospect that is a year away from being pretty good.

I was thinking that today may make it more likely that we move one of Stafford/Stewart. We spent big money and are close to the cap floor. We could still take on a bad contract somewhere (Vinny Lacav) and use a regular buyout to keep us right at the cap floor after dealing a decent contract and then get Larsson or Mitchell into the lineup.

Those won't be the lines. Moulson will play with Reinhart if he makes the team. Bet on it.

Very possible. I thought the same thing. I would prefer if they could get a bigger body on his left instead of a guy who is soft like Hodgson. But playing with a known leader and a former center may be a good thing.

Very possible. I thought the same thing. I would prefer if they could get a bigger body on his left instead of a guy who is soft like Hodgson. But playing with a known leader and a former center may be a good thing.

I think playing with a sniper and a bigger body vet like Moulson would be much better for Reinhart then Cody. I could see Hodgson on Reinhart's RW.

It sure does! Throw a couple "ifs" in there and they are good! If Stafford finally turns the corner, if Myers plays well, if Enroth is as good as he has shown at times and this is a playoff team folks

I know, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas

It sure does! Throw a couple "ifs" in there and they are good! If Stafford finally turns the corner, if Myers plays well, if Enroth is as good as he has shown at times and this is a playoff team folks

I know, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas

You can't be a playoff team with Ennis and Reinhart the rookie as your #1 and #2 centers, not to mention our best defender is Myers/Gorges. We are still solidly in the bottom 5. Our scoring will increase probably 10% and our goals against will probably increase 5% so roughly looking at a team %5 better then last year. That would be my rough estimate.

I was thinking that today may make it more likely that we move one of Stafford/Stewart. We spent big money and are close to the cap floor. We could still take on a bad contract somewhere (Vinny Lacav) and use a regular buyout to keep us right at the cap floor after dealing a decent contract and then get Larsson or Mitchell into the lineup.

Possible, but Teddy has spoken highly enough of both of those guys that I think TM will give him a shot at a full season with them before trading them (well, up to the deadline, anyway).

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta

Nah.

Vanek/Moulson -> Moulson: sidegrade

Ott -> Gionta: upgrade

Ehrhoff -> Gorges: downgrade

Miller/Enroth -> Enroth/Neuvirth: downgrade

???? -> Stewart: upgrade

Kids improve? upgrade

To my eye we either break even or are slightly better on paper, but everybody around us (save for perhaps Calgary) also got better. I'm not concerned.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.