Prediction time: which former Sabre will have the best playoffs?

nfreeman

Gone but not forgotten  

51 members have voted

1. 1. There are quite a few Sabres still playing, some in prominent roles. Which of them will have the best playoffs (recognizing that this will be subjective -- not just stats-based)?

• Vanek
    • Briere
    • Pommer
    • Moulson
    • Ott
    • Roy
    • Miller
    • Leopold
    • Regehr
    • Lindy
  2. 2. Which of the following former Sabres are you most rooting for in the playoffs?

• Vanek
    • Briere
    • Pommer
    • Moulson
    • Ott
    • Roy
    • Miller
    • Leopold
    • Regehr
    • Lindy
    • None of the above/not rooting for former Sabres
  3. 3. Which of the following former Sabres do you most wish the Sabres would've kept?

• Vanek
    • Briere
    • Pommer
    • Moulson
    • Ott
    • Roy
    • Miller
    • Leopold
    • Regehr
    • Lindy

As I was watching that amazing STL-Chicago game last night, I realized that (i) STL has four ex-Sabres and are nevertheless a really good team, (ii) I still can't stand Derek Roy and (iii) I really wanted Miller and Ott to succeed.

As to why all of these players, some of whom are very good hockey players, are no longer here -- that's a question for another day. But they're all still in it now, when the games are thrilling and when it really matters.

Who's gonna be the man? And whom do you really want to be the man? (Note that "being the man" won't just be about stats, especially since we have ex-Sabres at G, D and F.)

I chose Miller, Miller and Briere. Vanek would've been a reasonable choice for the 1st question but I don't see any way for the Habs to beat Boston in the 2nd round.

As I was watching that amazing STL-Chicago game last night, I realized that (i) STL has four ex-Sabres and are nevertheless a really good team, (ii) I still can't stand Derek Roy and (iii) I really wanted Miller and Ott to succeed.

As to why all of these players, some of whom are very good hockey players, are no longer here -- that's a question for another day. But they're all still in it now, when the games are thrilling and when it really matters.

Who's gonna be the man? And whom do you really want to be the man? (Note that "being the man" won't just be about stats, especially since we have ex-Sabres at G, D and F.)

I chose Miller, Miller and Briere. Vanek would've been a reasonable choice for the 1st question but I don't see any way for the Habs to beat Boston in the 2nd round.

A Montreal-St. Louis Final would be something for Sabre fans...... :lol:

Roy, Miller, Ott, Leopold, Vanek, Briere

I think Vanek will have the best playoffs

I am rooting for Ott, Roy, Miller, and Leopold only because all I care about is that pick.

And I couldn't submit my vote because there is not a "none of the above" in the last question.

Can you make that second one multiple-select? I'm rooting for Miller, Ott, and Roy equally, and only because it benefits the Sabres. Or maybe I'll just give Roy a vote so that he has one.

Edited by Eleven

Can you make that second one multiple-select? I'm rooting for Miller, Ott, and Roy equally, and only because it benefits the Sabres. Or maybe I'll just give Roy a vote so that he has one.

Over my dead body. Not everyone gets a trophy.

There can only be one.

Vanek, miller miller. But same for me, really don't dislike any of the former sabres. Except Vanek maybe, but that is just me not liking his mug more than anything reasonable.

2nd person in the poll. I trust the thread starter voted.

Anyway, Vanek ... Briere ... Ott.

I think Montreal is going to win the cup (you may have heard it here first). Vanek will be Vanek. I want Briere to get his cup in his home (sort of) town. Ott, because he is Ott.

I had St. Louis over Montreal in the Cup when predictions came out in October :)

Interesting thread topic and poll.

Briere is one of the most clutch playoff performers of his generation, I think he has something like 112 points in 111 games - he's the guy I think will have "the best" playoffs.

The guy I'm pulling for is Miller.

The guy I wish was still on the Sabres is Ott.

Edited by Campy

I went Miller, Miller and against the tide with Moulson.

Reason for the latter is Ott is coming back anyway, and next year's team most needs a veteran scoring winger with character.

The rest needed to move on.

Nice!

I hope you're right. I'm skeptical but you've certainly been right on STL-related predictions before.

Because his leaving was so instrumental to Sabrefandom turning into the purgatory it has become, how can there be any choice (except possibly theoretically Drury) other than Briere for Q3?

This was my thinking too.

I was wondering where Roy got a vote from, makes sense now

I went Vanek-Miller-Miller. I'm not sure I've ever wanted an individual player to do so well on another team. Maybe it's just to validate Buffalo, I'm not sure, but either way Miller deserves some success

I went Miller, Miller and Briere. I just think if Miller gets them out of round one then he will have more opportunity. I only see the Blues and Canadiens advancing with the Blues going to the finals.

I almost said Moulson for the second because he just got a raw deal this year. Briere for last choice because the organization took a step back that day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.