First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

That Bruin collapse was magnificent, however them winning it the next season kinda takes most of the fun out of it.

I gotta admit though - I was rooting for the Bruins over Vancouver. Tim Thomas played crazy good in the Cup series. And as much as I dislike Boston and Boston fans, even they didn't go on a collective rioting rampage after losing to Chicago last year, as did the Vancouver fans when they lost to Boston.

It's fitting that Columbus played Pittsburgh because if you've ever heard their radio guy, he's blatantly imitating Mike Lange. Scratchy voice? Slow drawn out call of goals followed up by a nonsensical statement? He's got it all.

Any scratch my back with a hacksaw calls?

How the hell do you allow two empty net goals? I don't think I ever saw that before.

While not playoffs, didn't the Sabres allow 4 against Carolina in the 90s (but still won 5-4)? If I remember right, Canes pulled the GT with 5 minutes left down 5-0.

Colorado's shown some poise in overcoming a 2-goal deficit on the road.

If they win the series, which I think they will, I think they're going to get absolutely mauled by Chicago.

Quite possible, given the youth of the Avs top 6. That said, I will tune in to watch that MacKinnon/Landeskog/Stasny line all day. Exciting stuff.

While not playoffs, didn't the Sabres allow 4 against Carolina in the 90s (but still won 5-4)? If I remember right, Canes pulled the GT with 5 minutes left down 5-0.

LOL, I don't recall the specific game, but if something like that happened, why would I expect it to be against Ron Rolston's Sabres? :w00t:

Edited by Kristian

Emmerick (Emrick?) just said "those remaining" were on their feet for Mason after that nice glove stop + snow angel.

Philly fans have left to beat the traffic with their team up in a game 6 and headed to a 7?! For shame.

If you wanna beat the traffic, stay in your seat for 20 minutes after the game. What a bunch of rubes.

Thank you, NHL schedulers. We have a blowout in the only series that no one outside of these two markets could even give a sneeze about, and it's the only game tonight.

If you wanna beat the traffic, stay in your seat for 20 minutes after the game. What a bunch of rubes.

Try that at FN'C sometime. I've had them try to kick my out of my suite 10 minutes after. (This did not go well for the personnel involved. It did go well for my guests, and it went poorly for me, who had to babysit their drunken ###### for another 35.)

But in the seats? You're out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.