GDT: Buffalo at Philadelphia 4-6-14 at 7:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

It's really bad when your goalie takes a shot like that and no one does anything. There would be blood on the ice from Blues retaliation if someone cheap-shot Ryan Miller like that. Blues were ready to beat some behinds just because the opposing team took a shot on goal on Miller a second or two after the end of period horn sounded. They would have gone ballistic if Miller had taken an elbow like that.

Point of fact - Miller would NOT take an elbow to the head like that BECAUSE the other team knows how the Blues would react.

^This.

I've said it before, and I'll say it from here to christmas - The only way to respond to something like that, if you're not going after the guy who did it immediately, is to line up for the ensueing faceoff, and tell the guy opposite you exactly what you're gonna do to *his* goalie in a few seconds.

Then watch them all go apeshit.

You can have the biggest, baddest f*cker in the world on the opposing team - Nothing he can do to stop you putting his goalie through the end boards, if that's what you want to do.

Sure, it'll most likely end in a huge brawl, but I guarantee you - Nobody runs your goalie again that season.

Edited by Kristian

I've said it before, and I'll say it from here to christmas - The only way to respond to something like that, if you're not going after the guy who did it immediately, is to line up for the ensueing faceoff, and tell the guy opposite you exactly what you're gonna do to *his* goalie in a few seconds.

Then watch them all go apeshit.

Exactly. You HAVE to respond.

Rinaldo to have PHONE hearing for Ruhwedel hit

(Italics, underline and caps added for emphasis.)

Are you f'ing kidding me?! That was about as blatant and straight-forward of a head shot as you get. They should print a screen capture, poster size, with the caption "Don't do this" and have every team in the league put one up in their locker room. Even with the playoffs game conversion rate, he should be out more than the phone hearing max.

Edited by carpandean

Are you f'ing kidding me?! That was about as blatant and straight-forward of a head shot as you get. They should print a screen capture, poster size, with the caption "Don't do this" and have every team in the league put one up in their lockerroom. Even with the playoffs game conversion rate, he should be out more than the phone hearing max.

Typical bush league NHL crap. It will never change as long as that gutless weasel Bettman is running things.

Are you f'ing kidding me?! That was about as blatant and straight-forward of a head shot as you get. They should print a screen capture, poster size, with the caption "Don't do this" and have every team in the league put one up in their locker room. Even with the playoffs game conversion rate, he should be out more than the phone hearing max.

Your reaction is 100% on the mark. Rinaldo's hit last night was far worse than Scott's hit on Loui Eriksson that drew a 7 game suspension. A phone hearing is completely nonsensical to me.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Typical bush league NHL crap. It will never change as long as that gutless weasel Bettman is running things.

I disagree. I think there is a culture of cronyism and manipulation at the league level. Starting with Bettman isn't a bad idea, but I'm not so sure cutting off the head alone would kill this snake.

It's amazing hockey is as popular as it is with everything the NHL does to undermine the sport.

Your reaction is 100% on the mark. Rinaldo's hit last night was far worse than Scott's hit on Loui Eriksson that drew a 7 game suspension. A phone hearing is completely nonsensical comical to me.

Fixed :thumbsup:

Edited by Campy

I disagree. I think there is a culture of cronyism and manipulation at the league level. Starting with Bettman isn't a bad idea, but I'm not so sure cutting off the head alone would kill this snake.

It's amazing hockey is as popular as it is with everything the NHL does to undermine the sport.

Bettman or no Bettman, nothing is changing until all the dinosaurs are finally gone. And even then I'm skeptical it will matter until they're faced with a multi-billion dollar class action.

Fixed :thumbsup:

Chris Rock said it best (and I paraphrase as I don't have time to look up the exact quote) 'hockey is crack for white folks.'

I guess I wasn't aware that after 18 months a player is no longer considered a repeat offender.

http://www.usatoday....hwedel/7403129/

Murray had no prior disciplinary action, but Rinaldo, who scored his second goal of the season earlier in Sunday's game, has a history with the league.

He was fined $5,000 for a late hit and a slew-footing infraction during a February 2012 game against the New Jersey Devils. Eight days later, he was suspended for two games for charging Detroit Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson.

Those incidents fall outside the 18-month period that would make Rinaldo a repeat offender, resulting in a higher per-game cost of any suspension. But they would be factored into a decision on whether to suspend him.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

4 games left for Philthy. That's what he'll get. No way they suspend him into the playoffs for hitting a Sabre.

Per ESPN...Ruhwedel and Leiuwen both have concussions and will miss the rest of the season. Disgusting, just friggin ridiculous that NOBODY on the Sabres even flinched.

:( A telephone hearing is ridiculous considering they'd throw the book at any Sabre who did something similar.

Looking at last night's lineup, who would have even stepped up? Beyond Weber, Scott, and Deslauriers, we dressed a team full of rookies and smallish finesse types. And, the Flyers did whatever they wanted all night while the Sabres got pushed around. We're back to severely lacking in size and grit.

:( A telephone hearing is ridiculous considering they'd throw the book at any Sabre who did something similar.

Looking at last night's lineup, who would have even stepped up? Beyond Weber, Scott, and Deslauriers, we dressed a team full of rookies and smallish finesse types. And, the Flyers did whatever they wanted all night while the Sabres got pushed around. We're back to severely lacking in size and grit.

If I'm Ted, I let Scott know he has free reign or the rest of the season...

Nolan must coach them to be soft.

Seriously, though, what were they to do about Rinaldo? He was tossed an instant after the play happened. I didn't watch much of the game, so I can't comment on the being pushed around all night bit.

Seriously, though, what were they to do about Rinaldo? He was tossed an instant after the play happened. I didn't watch much of the game, so I can't comment on the being pushed around all night bit.

In that incident, there wasn't much they could do. To Rinaldo, anyway.

I was surprised Scott didn't ragdoll somebody, but we've discussed elsewhere how timid his game has become since the suspension...

Nolan did publicly nail Weber for a cross check last week didn't he? I think they were on the PK. Nolan said something like "dumb time to do that, wtf". If Weber thought he was justified in doing so, then Nolan calls him out publicly....just saying.

I think the problem is as others have stated, end of season, hodgepodge of kids / NHL bubble players, not exactly a tightly bonded bunch of brothers in the room. And I think it will be corrected in about 6 months once GMTM puts his roster on the ice.

Somebody should have gone after Roseweed. Plus, there was plenty of time to take care of Rinaldo. Although I'm not sure who was on the ice. I do know Weber was on the ice when Leiuwen got elbowed in the head. Haven't the Sabres been down this road before with sticking up for our concussed goaltenders after being run by the oppose my team's goons on national TV? That's at least 3 concussions for Leiuwen. One has to question the future of his career at this point.

Seriously, without Scott next year, who do we get to keep other teams accountable for cheapshotting the Sabres? We need fighter that can play and they are tough to find. I'm good keeping Scott for another year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.