GDT: Buffalo at Philadelphia 4-6-14 at 7:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

It wasn't so much a knock on Matt as it was a comment on where this team is. When D'Augostini plays like he should be wearing a letter relative to the rest of the squad, you're pretty close to 30 out of 30.

IMHO, D'Agostini is basically Matt Ellis with slightly more skill.

I never thought I'd say it - but I'll be kind of happy when the season is over.

There was no fight in this team tonight - Philly kept making them their bitch and nothing was done to settle the score. And with 4 games left in the season, who cares about suspensions?

Kane - Stastny - Stewart

Ennis - Hodgson - Stafford

Foligno - Girgensons - Deslauriers

Mitchell - Larsson - Flynn

Ehrhoff - Myers

Weber - Pysyk

Ruhwedel - Mcbain

Neuvirth

Enroth

As long as Stastny is a temporary fix. I just don't see it in him. And no to McBain. I'd rather have a vet FA. Even a Tallinder type.

This is a game where the Sabres needed the old Ted Nolan. Rinaldo with two dirty hits, Lieuwen got ran twice, the second time a blatant elbow to the head (Rosehill?) and Lieuwen has had concussion issues. Where the hell was everybody!?!?! What do they have to lose? That was a pathetic display tonight against a dirty team that had no reason to play dirty. Probably the worst game I've seen all year on many accounts.

Am I the only one that saw it?

Down 5-1 goalie takes hit from dirty player and NOBODY steps up and whips his arse? Disgusting! Why doesn't this team have any balls? Leuiwen now feeling ill in the dressing room because of it, idk maybe I'm wrong but WTH?????

It wasn't so much a knock on Matt as it was a comment on where this team is. When D'Augostini plays like he should be wearing a letter relative to the rest of the squad, you're pretty close to 30 out of 30.

He should wear a letter. The only reason I even posted is because the last few games I have decided I want D'Agostini on this team next year....one of the only players I can even come close to saying that about....and I want Ehrhoff gone if possible. I'd rather buy out Ehrhoff and sign a couple Ference types at 2 for 5 than watch him fold the tent.

Today was a game that Girgensons should have done something about. I don't think he's ready to wear a letter. I love his general effort and sacrifice, but he doesn't seem willing to be a team delegate out there yet. I agree we needed the old Ted Nolan today.

This is a game where the Sabres needed the old Ted Nolan. Rinaldo with two dirty hits, Lieuwen got ran twice, the second time a blatant elbow to the head (Rosehill?) and Lieuwen has had concussion issues. Where the hell was everybody!?!?! What do they have to lose? That was a pathetic display tonight against a dirty team that had no reason to play dirty. Probably the worst game I've seen all year on many accounts.

This!! All of it!!

It's the end of the season, they're in last, what do you expect, effort? why?

I expect teammates to stick up for each other. They've been playing wth effort up til now whether they win or not. Somebody deserved to get their ass kicked tonight.

I'm a strong Nolan supporter but he ###### up tonight. He's going to get a reputation of being soft and the team will continue to get run over.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

He should wear a letter. The only reason I even posted is because the last few games I have decided I want D'Agostini on this team next year....one of the only players I can even come close to saying that about....and I want Ehrhoff gone if possible. I'd rather buy out Ehrhoff and sign a couple Ference types at 2 for 5 than watch him fold the tent.

Today was a game that Girgensons should have done something about. I don't think he's ready to wear a letter. I love his general effort and sacrifice, but he doesn't seem willing to be a team delegate out there yet. I agree we needed the old Ted Nolan today.

D'Agostini and Ehrhoff stood out in the TB game I went to. I like Matt's effort. But he flat out isn't even considered for a pp unit on 25 teams in this league.

I expect teammates to stick up for each other. They've been playing wth effort up til now whether they win or not. Somebody deserved to get their ass kicked tonight.

I'm a strong Nolan supporter but he ###### up tonight. He's going to get a reputation of being soft and the team will continue to get run over.

once again, I totally agree

I agree, they looked like they just don't care.

I agree. Ted's got his contract...make a statement. I will give him 10% benefit of the doubt that he is just slow-playing this to see who the real men are on the team to say enough-is-enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.