What if Tim Murray.....

SabresBillsFan

The dishonor for Connor.

Don't save it for McDavid.

I can come up with more.

Meh. Both are weak and not smooth.

Dishonor for Connor is the closest yet. Has to be quick, so drop "the."

Edited by Tankalicious

Hey at least I know we are all diehard fans after all this is all said and done. Not trying to piss fellow fans off just wanted to ask what people think how they would feel not going after any key free agents this summer and letting the picks develop. That's the route I believe is the right one until next year. This is what I think led to LaFontaine stepping down . I still think LaFontaine wanted to keep Miller, Moulson and Ott and when the rest of the hockey department wanted to follow the Pittsburgh model and bottom out I don't think he was totally on board with it. I think he felt like other fans about maybe bringing in a key free agent or two and with all the picks we already had he probably felt they could find young talent. Not many teams are like Detriot and can find key pieces in late rounds.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

I read these arguments and it's like a bunch of BS. Are they not going to select "the best player" no matter where they sit in the draft? Of course they are, but the problem is the position in the draft. And why is the position an issue? Because if the position isn't "good enough" then neither are the players available. So it is ALL about who they select in the draft and in this particular draft it's all about McDavid. Deny it all you want, but there are two seasons worth of archived posts on the matter the majority of which advocate tanking in order to get the best chance at McDavid; you're lying if you don't admit it.

Edited by sizzlemeister

I read these arguments and it's like a bunch of BS. Are they not going to select "the best player" no matter where they sit in the draft? Of course they are, but the problem is the position in the draft. And why is the position an issue? Because if the position isn't "good enough" then neither are the players available. So it is ALL about who they select in the draft and in this particular draft it's all about McDavid. Deny it all you want, but there are two seasons worth of archived posts on the matter the majority of which advocate tanking in order to get the best chance at McDavid; you're lying if you don't admit it.

??? Who has said anything against this?

Would you be mad if Tim Murray decided not to bring in any major free agents this year and with their #1 pick this year let him stay in junior another season! This way it would almost guarantee us finishing again at the bottom. Me personally I'm on board with one more year of the tank netting McDavid or Eichel then all systems go to make sure Murray puts the best possible team on the ice. What are your thoughts?

Do you really want to sit through another season like this one? I certainly do not

Would you be mad if Tim Murray decided not to bring in any major free agents this year and with their #1 pick this year let him stay in junior another season! This way it would almost guarantee us finishing again at the bottom. Me personally I'm on board with one more year of the tank netting McDavid or Eichel then all systems go to make sure Murray puts the best possible team on the ice. What are your thoughts?

Not only would I not be angry if this route was chosen, I fully expect it to be next seasons blueprint

I think you're conflating the rhetoric surrounding the 2015 draft with the substance of the argument for tanking. I also think a lot of it has to do with information and research (at least for me)...I've heard about McDavid for years, but I didn't put any effort into researching the other possible prospects, so naturally my thoughts/hopes/posts were centered on him. As I have started and continued doing so, I have become very excited about the 2015 prospects outside of McDavid.

O rly? It's at the beginning of this very thread.

Someone at the beginning of this thread stated that tanking is not about getting the best chance at the best player possible? I guess I'm interpreting those posts differently than you.

If it means a much better shot at true long-term success and a cup then absolutely.

The question in my mind is, does tanking one more season really mean a much better shot at long term success? I'm not sure it does. Or, put another way, I don't believe that starting the rebound after this season ends is mutually exclusive with long term success and a reasonable shot at a Cup. Or three.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.