What if Tim Murray.....

SabresBillsFan

Those aren't the people who are making decisions about the direction of the team, so what they want or don't want is immaterial to the reality of what is actually going to happen. They and you can choose to accept it or not. There are 29 other teams to cheer for if they're that displeased.

Whether management is setting this team up for another 30th place finish is completely irrelevant to this discussion. The original post was whether or not WE want to see it. Sorry if I'm trying to stay on topic.

Whether management is setting this team up for another 30th place finish is completely irrelevant to this discussion. The original post was whether or not WE want to see it. Sorry if I'm trying to stay on topic.

I started this topic and I know a lot of people aren't going to want to see it and go though another year like this but the real goal is next years draft. Yes it sucks being this bad but landing McDavid and Eichel makes it worth it.

Never complain about anyone else being snarky. :rolleyes: But keep on complaining about the direction of the team to your heart's content and let's see where that gets you. :cry:

I started this topic and I know a lot of people aren't going to want to see it and go though another year like this but the real goal is next years draft. Yes it sucks being this bad but landing McDavid and Eichel makes it worth it.

I don't need to see another ###### year. I want NYI to finish just high enough to persuade them to give us their 1st this year. We get our two near the top of the round selections and get back to trying to win ###### hockey games. I don't see why, if TM is the GM he's cracked up to be, he can't use the bonanza we've already acquired to turn this franchise around starting this offseason. I I really don't.

Never complain about anyone else being snarky. :rolleyes: But keep on complaining about the direction of the team to your heart's content and let's see where that gets you. :cry:

That's snark? My god.......... why don't you show me where I was complaining about the direction of this team.

Really, I'm touched that you all feel so inclined to gang up on me. I simply answered a question by saying I didn't want to tank again and the rest of you come running like you're ready to jump me. Not sure what the hell got into this group tonight. Doesn't seem like it's worth sticking around for.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

It's an internet forum. Complaining about the direction of the team is pretty much the reason for its exsistence, no?

Gatdammit, don't make me defend JJFive0. I don't want to take another shower.

It's an internet forum. Complaining about the direction of the team is pretty much the reason for its exsistence, no?

Gatdammit, don't make me defend JJFive0. I don't want to take another shower.

:lol: It's not the sole reason. Fan forums exist for many reasons beyond whining when you don't like something.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Thank you for a decent adult response. I respectfully disagree, I'm not willing to take that chance and see either one come down with a career ending injury and all this go to waste. But, that's just my opinion. I can see where you are coming from. Though with Nolan coaching, if there is even a slightest improvement in talent added during the offseason I just don't see this team finishing in the bottom 3.

Would you be mad if Tim Murray decided not to bring in any major free agents this year and with their #1 pick this year let him stay in junior another season! This way it would almost guarantee us finishing again at the bottom. Me personally I'm on board with one more year of the tank netting McDavid or Eichel then all systems go to make sure Murray puts the best possible team on the ice. What are your thoughts?

There are two separate questions here IMO.

1) Free agents. Significant free agents, and by significant I mean those players with enough career left to make a difference in the future of this team. are not signing with the worst team in hockey. I'm sure there are UFA's out there that TM would consider, I doubt any of them would go beyond the courtesy of taking TM's call.

2) The last thing the Sabres want to do is take a top pick and throw them into the fire if they not ready.

In general, this entire "tank" idea has been overplayed and been worn out. They broke the team down and are now starting the process of rebuilding. Falling to bottom of the league this season was a result set in motion several years ago. This was a franchise barely hanging around the 9-10-11 range. Last place was not a steep fall. They cleaned house, drafting 1st this season as well as probably drafting high the next few seasons is all part of the rebuilding process. "Tanking" is a silly and inaccurate assessment of where this franchise was and where they are today.

Edited by deluca67

I don't need to see another ###### year. I want NYI to finish just high enough to persuade them to give us their 1st this year. We get our two near the top of the round selections and get back to trying to win ###### hockey games. I don't see why, if TM is the GM he's cracked up to be, he can't use the bonanza we've already acquired to turn this franchise around starting this offseason. I I really don't.

If you've been listening to TM, he's said repeatedly since he became the Sabres' GM that the '15 draft is key. The team is most definitely angling for McDavid and/or Eichel in that draft regardless of who approves of the strategy or not.

Thank you for a decent adult response. I respectfully disagree, I'm not willing to take that chance and see either one come down with a career ending injury and all this go to waste. But, that's just my opinion. I can see where you are coming from. Though with Nolan coaching, if there is even a slightest improvement in talent added during the offseason I just don't see this team finishing in the bottom 3.

Why is it that you're willing to apply this reasoning to the draft, but not other players acquired through free agency or the draft? By this logic, we shouldn't spend $50 million on a top-tier UFA, nor should we trade say 3-4 lesser pieces for a top-tier player.

If you've been listening to TM, he's said repeatedly since he became the Sabres' GM that the '15 draft is key. The team is most definitely angling for McDavid and/or Eichel in that draft regardless of who approves of the strategy or not.

Cave it for McDavid?

I don't ever want to be accused of changing the subject in any thread, ever again.

Why is it that you're willing to apply this reasoning to the draft, but not other players acquired through free agency or the draft? By this logic, we shouldn't spend $50 million on a top-tier UFA, nor should we trade say 3-4 lesser pieces for a top-tier player.

Neither of those requires going through another season like this one.

These two years of the tank are tough to name. We've heard things like stink for Stamkos, fail for Nail, Not winnin' for MacKinnon, fall for Hall and not tryin' for Ryan...

But then what can you say for Reinhart/McDavid?

Regress for Reinhart?

Edited by Tankalicious

SabresBillsFan asked for opinions. I gave my opinion as requested. And I don't really give a ###### who approves or doesn't approve of the strategy posted. I am merely participating in what was intended to be a discussion, no?

SabresBillsFan asked for opinions. I gave my opinion as requested. And I don't really give a ###### who approves or doesn't approve of the strategy posted. I am merely participating in what was intended to be a discussion, no?

Hey you're the one who jumped in and decided that "someone" needed defending. At any rate, hope you're all clean now. :lol:

Hey you're the one who jumped in and decided that "someone" needed defending. At any rate, hope you're all clean now. :lol:

Feeling dirtier by the moment.

Probably stronger worded than it needed to be but there seemed to be a pervading tone of, the team is doing this and you can't stop it so clam up. Makes for crappy conversation.

Feeling dirtier by the moment.

Probably stronger worded than it needed to be but there seemed to be a pervading tone of, the team is doing this and you can't stop it so clam up. Makes for crappy conversation.

Wrong inference drawn. Posters can bitch about whatever they'd like to and I'm not going to attempt to blunt or discourage it. But I will occasionally point out the futility of doing so.

Wrong inference drawn. Posters can bitch about whatever they'd like to and I'm not going to attempt to blunt or discourage it. But I will occasionally point out the futility of doing so.

Should I feel it necessary to point out the futility of you pointing out the futility? :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.