GDT: Buffalo at Montreal 3-25-14 at 7:30 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

454208493_slide.jpg

GAME #72: BUF (20-43-8) at MTL (40-26-7) – TUE MAR 25 – 7:30 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

82 Marcus Foligno – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

88 Cory Conacher – 19 Cody Hodgson – 17 Torrey Mitchell

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 65 Brian Flynn – 27 Matt D’Agostini

32 John Scott – 37 Matt Ellis23 Ville Leino

X: 28 Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), 80 Chris Stewart (ankle), 24 Zenon Konopka (back)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 57 Tyler Myers

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 5 Chad Ruhwedel

6 Mike Weber – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI)

31 Matt Hackett

50 Nathan Lieuwen

X: 1 Jhonas Enroth (LBI), 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI)

Lineup News & Notes

F Zemgus Girgensons (LBI), F Chris Stewart (ankle), F Ville Leino (healthy), D Alex Sulzer (LBI), D Tyler Myers (elbow), and G Michal Neuvirth were scratches in Sunday's 4-2 loss at Vancouver.

Weekly Transactions

03/24: Assigned D Rasmus Ristolainen to Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, the Sabres have gone 2-8-0.

Tyler Ennis has a goal and an assist in the past two games and three goals in his past six.

Cory Conacher has two goals and three assists in eight games.

MONTREAL CANADIENS Montreal_Canadiens_Smiley.png

Final Lineup

67 Max Pacioretty – 51 David Desharnais – 20 Thomas Vanek

17 Rene Bourque – 48 Daniel Briere – 21 Brian Gionta ("C")

27 Alex Galchenyuk – 14 Tomas Plekanec – 11 Brendan Gallagher

49 Michaël Bournival – 81 Lars Eller – 53 Ryan White

X: 8 Brandon Prust (UBI), 22 Dale Weise (undisclosed), 15 George Parros (healthy), 32 Travis Moen (undisclosed)

24 Jared Tinordi – 76 PK Subban

74 Alexei Emelin – 79 Andrei Markov ("A")

6 Douglas Murray – 43 Mike Weaver

X: 55 Francis Bouillon (healthy), 26 Josh Gorges (hand)

31 Carey Price

30 Peter Budaj

Lineup News & Notes

Montreal scratched F Brandon Prust, F George Parros, F Ryan White, C Lars Eller, D Jared Tinordi, and D Josh Gorges in Monday's 2-1 SO win at Boston.

Weekly Transactions

03/24: Recalled Michaël Bournival from Hamilton (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, Montreal has gone 6-4-0.

Alexei Emelin has a goal and three assists in his past five games.

Brian Gionta has a goal and two assists in the past two games.

PREGAME LINKS

03/23 – GAME RECAP: SABRES WASTE QUICK START IN LOSS TO CANUCKS (Kevin Snow – Sabres.com)

03/24 – GAME RECAP: STREAK SNAPPERS (The Canadian Press)

03/25 – Canadiens continue playoff push against Sabres (Sean McCullen – NHL.com)

03/24 – Sabres Myers is back with the team, Ristolainen sent down (Paul Hamilton - WGR.com)

03/24 – Game Preview: 3/25/14 at Montreal Canadiens (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/25 – Sabres at Canadiens Game Notes PDF (Sabres.com)

03/25 – Press Clips: 3/25/14 at Montreal Canadiens (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

03/25 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at the Bell Centre. <4:39>

03/25 – Nolan on WGR: Contract 'should be done' (WGR.com)

03/25 – THE MORNING SKATE: MYERS READY TO RUN WILD IN RETURN (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/25 – Dan Dunleavy previews Tuesday night's game against the Canadiens at the Bell Centre. <2:32>

03/25 – Ville Leino speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at the Bell Centre. <3:09>

03/25 – Tyler Myers speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at the Bell Centre. <2:37>

03/25 – Game preview: MTL vs. BUF (Canadiens.com)

03/25 – Teppo Numminen speaks with Sabres.com prior to Tuesday night's game against the Canadiens. <0:53>

POSTGAME LINKS

03/25 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Buffalo Sabres @ Montréal Canadiens (NHL.com)

03/26 – GAME RECAP: SABRES PENALTY WOES CONTINUE IN LOSS TO HABS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

03/25 – Brian Duff recaps the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <2:15>

03/25 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <2:33>

03/25 – Christian Ehrhoff speaks with Brian Duff and Brad May following the Sabres 2-0 loss to the Canadiens. <2:51>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It would be nice to see Tyler Myers back in the line-up, his ability to start a rush out of his own end has been surely missed. IMO, not being able to gain control of the puck and start any kind of a rush up ice is the biggest problem with this teams offensive woes. I can't understand why some of the defensemen continue to just toss the puck into the neutral zone in hopes of a forward retrieving it, instead of skating a few feet more and gradually moving the puck up. There's very few players on this team that will keep the puck in their possession for more than a second or two, instead they just whack the puck in basically any direction as soon as it hits their sticks. I have a hard time believing that it's all do to a lack of skill, after all these are NHL (some AHL) players, I'd say it's more due to lack of confidence, coaching, or just not giving a ######.

Edited by kishoph

Montreal played a great, inspired game last night that was awesome to watch. I can't even remember what it feels like to care if this team wins or loses (let alone have an atmosphere like it was in Boston last night.) Montreal is going to run over our guys tonight as they will springboard off that emotional win. It is getting tougher and tougher to even look at that lineup posted above......

Montreal played a great, inspired game last night that was awesome to watch. I can't even remember what it feels like to care if this team wins or loses (let alone have an atmosphere like it was in Boston last night.) Montreal is going to run over our guys tonight as they will springboard off that emotional win. It is getting tougher and tougher to even look at that lineup posted above......

I'd say 9 of the players currently on the Sabres should be in the AHL or not playing at all.

If anything I expect the exact opposite reaction from last nights game. I think they will be physically and emotionally spent and come out like dogs. I still think they win, just not this springboard effect.

Interesting thoughts from Leino:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2014/03/leino-back-for-sabres-trying-not-to-think-about-offensive-troubles-and-buyout-possibility.html

I'll miss this one as I got some free tickets to the Canes-Isles game, so in an extremely rare event...I'm actually a Canes fan tonight. :blink:

Aren't we all Canes Fans Tonight?

I'll miss this one as I got some free tickets to the Canes-Isles game, so in an extremely rare event...I'm actually a Canes fan tonight. :blink:

You'll still be pillaging and eating babies though, right?

RIGHT?

Interesting thoughts from Leino:

http://blogs.buffalo...ossibility.html

"I’ll just try to make plays, work hard and try to create some offense, create some chances," Leino said in Bell Centre. "That’s my game. I can’t be anyone else."

But you haven't done any of that, all year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.