GDT: Buffalo at Vancouver 3-23-14 at 8:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

Didn't watch, forgot there was a game on lol.... However I did read the GDT and man was it bipolar!!!! Starts out with quick goals and goaltending depth and etc..... Then pulls a 180 into no Sog and bad goals let in by the next Hasek..... Of course there was the Kassian coho debate sprinkled throughout as well (that well never runs dry)..... But that's 2 less points we can achieve, so good on us

It's a point hidden within the straw.

4 points, +4 3 hits in only 10 minutes of ice time for Kassian.

Too bad Hodgson wasn't in the lineup for the Sabres :rolleyes:

Kassian would add absolutely nothing to this Buffalo Sabres team. I know it and you know it. I am not saying Hodgson is better or worse or anything along those lines, but Zack Kassian lacks consistency, effort, and drive to be a force and I am glad he is not a Sabre.

Fun Fact Cody Hodgson still has more points than Zack Kassian this season but hey why ruin a perfectly good delusion?

I thought it might be, so I did my normal Sunday night bicycle pub crawl. If you watched the game, I bet my night was better than yours. Our first stop was at The Flying Saucer

1655155_631323750249852_1052317284_o.jpg

The second stop was at Lola's Saloon,

10012124_631337626915131_298801425_o.jpg

And then on the way home I stopped for some late night tacos at El Tacolote.

10012871_631358000246427_394976730_o.jpg

I ended up with almost 25 miles ridden for the night.

Looks a lot better than watching that awful game. I wished that was an option here. It was 15F during the game last night, and windchills 0 or below. Wouldn't be doing much sitting outside relaxing, or bicycling.

Kassian would add absolutely nothing to this Buffalo Sabres team. I know it and you know it. I am not saying Hodgson is better or worse or anything along those lines, but Zack Kassian lacks consistency, effort, and drive to be a force and I am glad he is not a Sabre.

Fun Fact Cody Hodgson still has more points than Zack Kassian this season but hey why ruin a perfectly good delusion?

Fun Fact #2 - Kassian had as many point last night as Hodgson has had over the past 11 games.

How much are the Sabres paying Hodgson and his lofty 36 points?

Fun Fact #2 - Kassian had as many point last night as Hodgson has had over the past 11 games.

How much are the Sabres paying Hodgson and his lofty 36 points?

What is less than Leino? Sabres trivia for $400 Alex.

I guess I'll never understand the hatred towards Hodgson.

DeLuca thinks that Kassian was more of an asset to the team than is Hodgson.

I'm going to let it go, right there, with a straight face.

Any argument, on the other hand, will be met with counterargument.

Edited by Eleven

I guess I'll never understand the hatred towards Hodgson.

For me I can't say it's hate, but I am extremely frustrated with his play, mainly his effort, or lack of.

The expectations for Kassian were for him being a 2nd or 3rd line winger, Hodgson on the other hand, came to the Sabres with talk of being the 1st line center, I would of hoped that Hodgson ended up having more than 13 points than Kassian at this point of the season.

DeLuca thinks that Kassian was more of an asset to the team than is Hodgson.

I'm going to let it go, right there, with a straight face.

Any argument, on the other hand, will be met with counterargument.

For me I can't say it's hate, but I am extremely frustrated with his play, mainly his effort, or lack of.

The expectations for Kassian were for him being a 2nd or 3rd line winger, Hodgson on the other hand, came to the Sabres with talk of being the 1st line center, I would of hoped that Hodgson ended up having more than 13 points than Kassian at this point of the season.

I can understand the frustration. But Kassian doesn't need certain types of linemates to play his game. Hodgson does and he doesn't have anybody to compliment his game right now. I'll reserve judgement for when he has 1st or 2nd line quality forwards on his line because that's who he was brought in to play with.

Deluca's obsession with Kassian is............. well, I don't know what it is. He had one standout game. He'll never repeat it.

Sam Gagner had an 8 point game. So the F what?

Which is one point less than Hodgson has had over his last 20 games. ;)

I can understand the frustration. But Kassian doesn't need certain types of linemates to play his game. Hodgson does and he doesn't have anybody to compliment his game right now. I'll reserve judgement for when he has 1st or 2nd line quality forwards on his line because that's who he was brought in to play with.

Deluca's obsession with Kassian is............. well, I don't know what it is. He had one standout game. He'll never repeat it.

So you're saying Hodgson needs other players to carry him?

Which is one point less than Hodgson has had over his last 20 games. ;)

Kassian has 10 points in his last 20 games including the 4 point game. Hodgson has 9 points. What is your point and why do you have to be such a goof about this? You come off as a troll and it's obnoxious.

Not only that, kassians 10 points in his last 20 games is actually a better pace than what he's done all year. Cody is obviously cold has 9 points in 20 games which is below his average pace. The two aren't even close statistically and when you try to show kassians stats are better you look ridiculous.

Edited by Numark

This argument is so fecking stupid,. Kassian for Hodgson was a classic hockey trade. Two teams attempting to acquire an attribute that they felt was most strongly needed at the time. At the time of that trade Buffalo was trying to advance in the playoffs without enough centers and Vancouver was trying to become more like Boston. Comparing these two players is pointless. They just aren't similar enough to make it worthwhile. And neither player has managed to do for its team what the team had hoped he would do. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this trade wouldn't happen, or even be proposed today, Neither team got what it needed.

This argument is so fecking stupid,. Kassian for Hodgson was a classic hockey trade. Two teams attempting to acquire an attribute that they felt was most strongly needed at the time. At the time of that trade Buffalo was trying to advance in the playoffs without enough centers and Vancouver was trying to become more like Boston. Comparing these two players is pointless. They just aren't similar enough to make it worthwhile. And neither player has managed to do for its team what the team had hoped he would do. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this trade wouldn't happen, or even be proposed today, Neither team got what it needed.

I think the sabres would definitly do this trade over and over and over. What has Cody done in his 3 nhl seasons to show he won't meet his projections three years ago? He is suppose to be a playmaking center who can score and also create plays for his wingers. He should get 20 goals this year and 25-30 assists on one of the worst offensive teams in NHL history (yea lets judge Hodgson who has mitchell and conacher as his wings...). Around a 50 point season. Anyone can't believe Cody can become a 25 goal, 40 point assist player? A second line center who gets 65 point seasons?

Who cares what kassian does, it's irrelevant. We just have two people here who open their mouths the few times they can a year.

Edited by Numark

I would say that Hodgson is very likely to be a solid #2 center who will facilitate and in tandem improve his wingers' output.

Kassian on the other hand has the potential to be a 1st line winger but his work ethic is questionable at best.

Hodgson is a smaller risk while Kassian could become a larger reward.

My question would be ...... How would Kassian do under Nolan's system which contradicts his work but compliments his skills

I would say that Hodgson is very likely to be a solid #2 center who will facilitate and in tandem improve his wingers' output.

Kassian on the other hand has the potential to be a 1st line winger but his work ethic is questionable at best.

Hodgson is a smaller risk while Kassian could become a larger reward.

My question would be ...... How would Kassian do under Nolan's system which contradicts his work but compliments his skills

Not the biggest Cody fan, but I've never seen anything in Kassian's game that even sniffs first line potential

Of course not! Cody's game is to make those slick baby-sauce passes (like John Scott). If he's making said saucy passes to AHL talent, he's never going to look good on the stat sheet.

Of course not! Cody's game is to make those slick baby-sauce passes (like John Scott). If he's making said saucy passes to AHL talent, he's never going to look good on the stat sheet.

It's not just Hodgson's line mates; it's the entire team. How do you put up numbers when your team never has the puck? Not only does our defense not make the first pass going the other way, they can't even get the puck out of their own zone.

No one is going to put up numbers on the team we have this year.

Elliott had a shutout. It's a wonder the Blues continue to start Miller.

It's important to judge players only based on a single game that fits your narrative, especially when that game was played against the worst team in the league when they were using their AHL goalie.

Seems legit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.