GDT: Buffalo at Vancouver 3-23-14 at 8:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

It's not just Hodgson's line mates; it's the entire team. How do you put up numbers when your team never has the puck? Not only does our defense not make the first pass going the other way, they can't even get the puck out of their own zone.

No one is going to put up numbers on the team we have this year.

It's important to judge players only based on a single game that fits your narrative, especially when that game was played against the worst team in the league when they were using their AHL goalie.

Seems legit.

I forgot that night in night out Cody Hodgson goes up against the best the NHL has to offer. :doh:

Edited by deluca67

Because no one can ever get enough of this conversation, Zack Kassian was predictably the talk of Vancouver sports radio yesterday.

Consensus? Few are buying the four-point night as anything but an aberration that came playing against the NHL's worst team.

To summarize what was said: Kassian doesn't play like a power forward often enough, disappears for long stretches and has never shown a thing against the tough teams in the west.

The morning show hosts made a bet that he won't score another four points in the next eight games.

Edited by dudacek

Because no one can ever get enough of this conversation, Zack Kassian was predictably the talk of Vancouver sports radio yesterday.

Consensus? Few are buying the four-point night as anything but an aberration that came playing against the NHL's worst team.

To summarize what was said: Kassian doesn't play like a power forward often enough, disappears for long stretches and has never shown a thing against the tough teams in the west.

The morning show hosts made a bet that he won't score another four points in the next eight games.

So what you're saying is Zack Kassian is wildly inconsistent and at times lazy? After seeing him play in Buffalo who would have thought it?

Seriously if you traded Hodgson for Kassian at the begining of this year the Sabres would still suck terribly. Kassian brings nothing to the table that Foligno doesn't. Not saying Hodgson has been amazing or anything like that but until someone can explain why we need Zack Kassian I really don't care if he has a 10 pt night randomly within the season.

Elliott had a shutout. It's a wonder the Blues continue to start Miller.

Honestly I don't understand why they ever bothered to get Miller, Elliott has had good numbers all year. With that big defense the Blues they can get by with an average goalie, maybe that's why they got Miller.

The Canucks may be playing a higher level of competition, but that doesn't mean Kassian is.

This is just silly.

BTW, did anyone see the goal Kassian scored last night? Battled for the puck, used his big frame to secure the puck and nailed the top corner from the opposite face-off dot. The kid has more offensive talent than I have been giving him credit for.

This is just silly.

BTW, did anyone see the goal Kassian scored last night? Battled for the puck, used his big frame to secure the puck and nailed the top corner from the opposite face-off dot. The kid has more offensive talent than I have been giving him credit for.

How is it silly? Even though he's in the stronger conference, Kassian isn't facing top lines or top defensive pairs, whereas Hodgson is. Is your contention that depth players in the West are better than the top players in the East?

How is it silly? Even though he's in the stronger conference, Kassian isn't facing top lines or top defensive pairs, whereas Hodgson is. Is your contention that depth players in the West are better than the top players in the East?

The idea that Hodgson is facing the "top defensive pairs" is sillier than your first contention. He's not even the #1 center on this team. Teams aren't gearing up to stop Mr. Invisible.

The idea that Hodgson is facing the "top defensive pairs" is sillier than your first contention. He's not even the #1 center on this team. Teams aren't gearing up to stop Mr. Invisible.

Hodgson faces the 4th highest quality of competition on the Sabres; Kassian faces the 9th highest quality of competition on the Canucks. Facts are cool.

Hodgson faces the 4th highest quality of competition on the Sabres; Kassian faces the 9th highest quality of competition on the Canucks. Facts are cool.

Facts based on what? A system based on shots on goal? I would hope you have something more substantial.

If Hodgson doesn't get his act together Flynn will be passing him on the center depth chart while Ennis is leaving him in the dust. What is Kassian doing? Stepping his game up when his teams needs it the most.

Isn't there a bet out there about who would score more goals? Don't be surprised if Kassian makes up the three goal differential over the final handful of games.

WOOOOOOOOOOW. did you all see that AMAZING tip in by hodgson????? He has more hockey sense than i give him for! What a heads up goal wow dont be surprised if he ends up scoring more than kassian does. Don't be shocked if kassian NEVER scores more than hodgson does in a season.

man what a beast

edit: i dont think im giving him enough credit. he hustled to the net and tipped it in perfectly, wow

Edited by Numark

WOOOOOOOOOOW. did you all see that AMAZING tip in by hodgson????? He has more hockey sense than i give him for! What a heads up goal wow dont be surprised if he ends up scoring more than kassian does. Don't be shocked if kassian NEVER scores more than hodgson does in a season.

man what a beast

edit: i dont think im giving him enough credit. he hustled to the net and tipped it in perfectly, wow

Fun Fact : Steven Stamkos has as many "own goals" as Hodgson has goals over his last 12 games and Leino has over his last 52 as a Sabre. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.