Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

So after hearing that loud sucking sound from Western Missouri last night, I'm beginning to think the Bills actually have a shot at winning the division, in which case I'm a little more on board with "win now" mode rather than developing the young QB.

I haven't seen any of Detroit's games this year, but did I hear some chatter about Calvin Johnson not being used quite as much so far? If that's the case, that's the last thing I want to be hearing going into a game against them. You just know he'll break out against us.

He was used plenty against NY and the Packers I believe, but he barely played against the Jets and I am not certain how much he played in the blowout loss to the Panthers. His breakout game was the first of the season when the Giants decided it was ok to either (a) play a zone defense with only 1 deep safety against Johnson or (b) play single man coverage against Johnson...

I'm pretty sure we have the ability to put a hold on major production for him, so long as or DC knows what he's doing. Luckily, he coached the guy for some time. Don't underestimate Jim's return to Detroit.

So after hearing that loud sucking sound from Western Missouri last night, I'm beginning to think the Bills actually have a shot at winning the division, in which case I'm a little more on board with "win now" mode rather than developing the young QB.

If by "win now" you mean get eliminated in the first game.

###### me. I don't even know what the playoff rounds in football are called anymore. It's been THAT long since I gave a ######.

Just a division title would be nice.

Nice? No, a cup of coffee with a splash of whiskey on a snowy winters eve is nice.

Winning the weakest division in the NFL to make the playoffs for the first time since we started a new century is not nice. It's going to a wedding and finding out it's dry.

Just a division title would be nice.
Nice? No, a cup of coffee with a splash of whiskey on a snowy winters eve is nice.

Winning the weakest division in the NFL to make the playoffs for the first time since we started a new century is not nice. It's going to a wedding and finding out it's dry.

Dude. You need. Something. I'm not sure what.

The mere idea of winning the AFC East in a down year with a journeyman quarterback -- and thereby sticking it to Touchdown Tawmmy and Belicheat -- is enough to make me feel like I've had a few swigs off a bottle of Crown.

And if that were actually to come to pass? Nothing else would matter. It would be so, so great.

Dude. You need. Something. I'm not sure what.

The mere idea of winning the AFC East in a down year with a journeyman quarterback -- and thereby sticking it to Touchdown Tawmmy and Belicheat -- is enough to make me feel like I've had a few swigs off a bottle of Crown.

And if that were actually to come to pass? Nothing else would matter. It would be so, so great.

I'm not getting anything out of it. I wanted to beat the Pats when they were a team worth beating. If they really are on the downswing then it strips all the legitimacy from a division win for this team. It's meaningless. Like winning the losers bracket. Barf.

Edited by d4rksabre

I'm not getting anything out of it. I wanted to beat the Pats when they were a team worth beating. If they really are on the downswing then it strips all the legitimacy from a division win for this team. It's meaningless. Like winning the losers bracket. Barf.

My goodness. This is... Lame.

My goodness. This is... Lame.

You know what's lame? Losing four Super Bowls.

I haven't even begun to reach that level.

I hope everyone is ready to feel like knobs when the Bills with ###### Kyle Orton make the playoffs and then get stomped. But sure, I'm lame for thinking that winning a weak division actually means anything. You guys are cute.

Honestly, I would've loved to have beaten the Patriots several times in their hayday...but we didn't. I'll gladly take the consolation prize: a 15 year playoff drought ending by way of the end of a dynasty, and being the next big kid on the block.

I hope everyone is ready to feel like knobs when the Bills with ###### Kyle Orton make the playoffs and then get stomped. But sure, I'm lame for thinking that winning a weak division actually means anything. You guys are cute.

oy

If we actually get to the playoffs, I don't think we see this team get stomped. There'd be just as much emotion as there was in the trouncing of the Dolphins, and this team fed off that like crazy.

Honestly, I would've loved to have beaten the Patriots several times in their hayday...but we didn't. I'll gladly take the consolation prize: a 15 year playoff drought ending by way of the end of a dynasty, and being the next big kid on the block.

That's ambitious.

If we actually get to the playoffs, I don't think we see this team get stomped. There'd be just as much emotion as there was in the trouncing of the Dolphins, and this team fed off that like crazy.

I'm not sure I buy that either. I think the Dolphins are just bad.

And the first game would be at home. In January.

How about closing out the season with a division clinching win against New England, ending Tom Brady's career? If he continues playing crappy football and follows his own words about walking away when he sucks, that could be what you see happen.

How about closing out the season with a division clinching win against New England, ending Tom Brady's career? If he continues playing crappy football and follows his own words about walking away when he sucks, that could be what you see happen.

Celebrating the inevitable like we had a hand in it? Silly.

A distinct disadvantage for the Bills in the modern era. This team has consistently SUCKED in winter weather. When does that magically change?

When the team gets better, which it is doing. This defense is crazy good when healthy. Add to that the noise at home in the first home playoff game in 20 years. Add to that some team from Texas or California trying to throw the ball in wintry conditions. It could happen.

By the way, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning, man? Take a study break and have a beer on the lawn at UB or something.

I'm not convinced that the Bills will ever be good again in my lifetime, let alone have them surpass the Patriots while that team is still an upper crust NFL franchise.

Remember all those games with the Pats up by three or four TD's in the 4th quarter with Brady still in the game launching bombs all over the field? I do. Sure it would be nice if the Bills could be the team returning the favor, but I'm just as happy watching other teams step on their throats. Fukc the Patriots. Fukc them right where they breathe.

When the team gets better, which it is doing. This defense is crazy good when healthy. Add to that the noise at home in the first home playoff game in 20 years. Add to that some team from Texas or California trying to throw the ball in wintry conditions. It could happen.

By the way, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning, man? Take a study break and have a beer on the lawn at UB or something.

I gotta keep all you happy joy Bills apologists locked in reality. This team might make the playoffs but it doesn't mean jack squat. I mean for ###### sake we're already shuffling in a hack QB and the coaching staff has no idea how to run an offense.

I'm sure the Pats fans felt that way in the late 90s when Buffalo was in decline. "Pass the chowda, the Bills have been lording over us for years but they're not as good now, this victory isn't as wicked as I'd hoped."

I'm sure the Pats fans felt that way in the late 90s when Buffalo was in decline. "Pass the chowda, the Bills have been lording over us for years but they're not as good now, this victory isn't as wicked as I'd hoped."

We all know Pats fans think every victory is the greatest ever achieved by mankind.