Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

All right, freeman, give me some odds on the Packers game. The way you see it, I figure it's one order of wings from the Gate against four deli sandwiches in Brooklyn. Wanna go? (PS this is low risk for you, because I send associates to Brooklyn.)

I don't commit unnatural acts with house pets, I don't put ketchup on hot dogs and I absolutely not bet against my teams.

I just complain about them. It's all part of my self-loathing complex.

Doug Moron and Can't Hackett don't have the offensive brain power to beat teams. We have won games because our defense has been superior. What happens when they need the offense to chip? Run, Run, Pass that's what.

Edited by LGR4GM

Serious question: does anyone think the Bills will win any of the 3 games against the powerhouse opponents?

Yes

Any given Sunday right? I think it's possible. Everything will probably fall just right and they will have to beat the Pats 3rd stringers to get in, and won't. Just because Buffalo.

And this

Yea while I can't stand our coaching staff at 7-5 go bills baby

I'll only be ok with this coaching staff sticking around next season if we go at least 9-7. Sure our record is already improved over last year but the talent on the roster is vastly improved over the teams Dick Jauron was able to go 7-9 with and who have we really beaten that was any good? Going 9-7 does 2 things.

1) Secures us a winning record for the first time since 2004

2) Ensures that we beat at least one really good team. Assuming we beat Oakland it would also mean that we have to win either at Denver, vs Green Bay, or at New England. They are quality opponents and contenders and in order to have any chance of being a good team you have to be able to beat quality opponents. Finishing 8-8 with wins over the Bears, Lions, Vikings, Jets x 2, Dolphins, Browns, and Raiders? Not so much.

Ideally, I like to see us finish 9-7 or better, keep Marrone and hopefully he decides to replace Hackett but we'll see how it goes.

Swamp will love this and freeman will hate it:

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 12m12 minutes ago

This was a penalty on Lee Smith wk 2. Only bc Lee ran into official. Oh. And Lee ain't JJ. Watch Watt. RT @PatDStat https://vine.co/v/OvOLwLiB57i

Also, these from Eric Wood:

Eric Wood @EWood70 · 5h 5 hours ago

@raashaan: These refs are seemingly very whistle happy right now. They need to calm down also.” They want to get their face on TV

View conversation0 replies 2 retweets 11 favorites

6CPNpqvn_normal.jpegEric Wood @EWood70 · 5h 5 hours ago

@jdemling: Mike Stephens is officiating this game and he wants everyone to know it. Dude thinks he’s the show.” Of course he did

Smart

Agreed. They've come this far with Hoyer, might as well see what he has left this season.

Meanwhile, Robert Woods claims Manuel is making some nice progress. Have we all abandoned EJ, or is there some hope he can learn from Orton on how to slug whiskey and lead a team of men to victory?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438141/article/robert-woods-ej-manuel-is-coming-along

Agreed. They've come this far with Hoyer, might as well see what he has left this season.

Meanwhile, Robert Woods claims Manuel is making some nice progress. Have we all abandoned EJ, or is there some hope he can learn from Orton on how to slug whiskey and lead a team of men to victory?

http://www.nfl.com/n...is-coming-along

I think getting the chance to sit and watch someone is very good for him, but I won't read anything into that quote from Woods. It is taken directly out of the cliche handbook.

Swamp will love this and freeman will hate it:

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 12m12 minutes ago

This was a penalty on Lee Smith wk 2. Only bc Lee ran into official. Oh. And Lee ain't JJ. Watch Watt. RT @PatDStat https://vine.co/v/OvOLwLiB57i

Also, these from Eric Wood:

Eric Wood @EWood70 · 5h 5 hours ago

@raashaan: These refs are seemingly very whistle happy right now. They need to calm down also.” They want to get their face on TV

View conversation0 replies 2 retweets 11 favorites

6CPNpqvn_normal.jpegEric Wood @EWood70 · 5h 5 hours ago

@jdemling: Mike Stephens is officiating this game and he wants everyone to know it. Dude thinks he’s the show.” Of course he did

Now that's just silly. Everyone and every team is treated equally and refs never have any effect on the outcomes of games.

Nah, that's a blessing. NFL: The Bills might be able to beat the Pat's 2nd and 3rd string, we'll give them the last game so there's a chance NE will rest people.

Since 2010 at Pats 2/4, at Jets 1/4, host Jets 1/4. 2011 They were at Pats in week 16 before hosting the Jets in week 17.

that's a more logical answer. :)

Don't count on Belichick resting people, it's something that he doesn't do. Just looking at the past 4 years, the Pats have had the division well wrapped up and Brady was still starting and finishing in week 17.

Doug Moron and Can't Hackett don't have the offensive brain power to beat teams. We have won games because our defense has been superior. What happens when they need the offense to chip? Run, Run, Pass that's what.

Run, run, pass ? I wish there was a little more run, run, pass, lately we've been seeing a lot more run, pass, pass, punt. I do agree we've won games because of great defensive play, but there have been plenty of plays left on the field because of inept QB play, not coaching.

Nothing to do but wait and see how it all plays out. If we lose to Denver our playoffs chances are basically toast though so no real point in speculating past that point. But if we can beat Denver in Denver then nothing is out of the realm of possibilities.

I think the most realistic hope for the Bills is they actually finish with a .500 record. How long has it been since the Bills haven't had a sub .500 season record?

3 of their 4 remaining games are the toughest teams in the league, and it's December, when tough teams get tougher; Denver, Green Bay, and New England. I would almost bank the Oakland game as a "W" at this point - after all, the RAMS beat them 52-0 last weekend.

But I can't see the Bills beating the Big Three in December, especially with two of the games on the road.

I think the most realistic hope for the Bills is they actually finish with a .500 record. How long has it been since the Bills haven't had a sub .500 season record?

3 of their 4 remaining games are the toughest teams in the league, and it's December, when tough teams get tougher; Denver, Green Bay, and New England. I would almost bank the Oakland game as a "W" at this point - after all, the RAMS beat them 52-0 last weekend.

But I can't see the Bills beating the Big Three in December, especially with two of the games on the road.

I want 9-7 or I think Marrone should be fired. Dick Jauron got us to 7-9 for 3 straight years with terrible rosters so Marrone should be able to do more than one game better with the current one. We haven't beat anyone I would consider good except the Lions. I don't expects miracles but I'd like to win the game we're expected to win (Raiders) and win 1 of the 3 tough ones.

If Marrone can't do that with this roster then Pegula shouldn't have much trouble finding someone who can.

For all his coaching genius, the propensity for Belichick to play his stars when it serves absolutely no purpose is about as moronic as it gets. It hasn't bit him in the ass yet and I won't wish injury on anyone, but I'd be lying if I said I won't snicker a bit if Brady went down for the season playing in a game at the end of the year he had no business playing in.

Don't count on Belichick resting people, it's something that he doesn't do. Just looking at the past 4 years, the Pats have had the division well wrapped up and Brady was still starting and finishing in week 17.

Run, run, pass ? I wish there was a little more run, run, pass, lately we've been seeing a lot more run, pass, pass, punt. I do agree we've won games because of great defensive play, but there have been plenty of plays left on the field because of inept QB play, not coaching.

That's predictable too. That is on the coaches. They are predictable and run one of the most vanilla offenses in the league. If you can't get Sammy Watkins open you are literally doing it wrong. QB's are mediocre but the system amplifies their mediocrity. Those two idiots running the offense need to go bye bye.

For all his coaching genius, the propensity for Belichick to play his stars when it serves absolutely no purpose is about as moronic as it gets. It hasn't bit him in the ass yet and I won't wish injury on anyone, but I'd be lying if I said I won't snicker a bit if Brady went down for the season playing in a game at the end of the year he had no business playing in.

People are only going to this side because it would serve the Bills if he benched the stars. Remember the last time the Bills needed a win to get in and the team they played benched their starters?

I'd rather get in against the starters. Teams that have benched their starters in week 17 haven't fared well.

People are only going to this side because it would serve the Bills if he benched the stars. Remember the last time the Bills needed a win to get in and the team they played benched their starters?

I'd rather get in against the starters. Teams that have benched their starters in week 17 haven't fared well.

I remember all to well about the Bills/Pittsburgh game and it has nothign to do with the Bills. They are going nowhere. It has to do with it being a moronic decision for an otheriwse hall of fame genius coach to continually make.

Obviously you can't bench all of your starters, but to play Brady and his already injury prone main weapon in Gronk would serve no purpose other than to risk unneccessary injury to both. Dumb to the nth degree.

I could see sitting Gronk but I would give Brady a half. If you sit Brady then you're looking at him having three weeks in between games. Not a good plan.

For guys like Brady, Manning etc. do you really think a little extra rest matters at this point in their careers? Those guys don't miss a beat. If anything, it makes more sense to give the back up who never plays a full taste of live action in case he's needed in a playoff game.

For guys like Brady, Manning etc. do you really think a little extra rest matters at this point in their careers? Those guys don't miss a beat. If anything, it makes more sense to give the back up who never plays a full taste of live action in case he's needed in a playoff game.

Yes. Look at the 2007 Colts. We're 13-2. Sat Manning and they came out flat in a first round loss to the Chargers.