Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Their offense is elite. Neither our offense nor defense will be elite. Their defense will be much improved.

Haven't seen one other credible report that believes this to be true. Have heard two Chicago beat reporters today and both called the game a tossup and both talk about how bad the Bear's defense is.

The first week of the season is often the least indicative of how the season will go so no, you don't have to be a Bills' fan to believe they have a chance.

Haven't seen one other credible report that believes this to be true. Have heard two Chicago beat reporters today and both called the game a tossup and both talk about how bad the Bear's defense is.

The first week of the season is often the least indicative of how the season will go so no, you don't have to be a Bills' fan to believe they have a chance.

I think their defense will be better. Peppers was going downhill. Allen will be an improvement there. Houston and Allen will help the front line. They still won't be great but it can't get much worse.

The Bears are the superior team. Very clearly so.

I think their defense will be better. Peppers was going downhill. Allen will be an improvement there. Houston and Allen will help the front line. They still won't be great but it can't get much worse.

The Bears are the superior team. Very clearly so.

For all the good points you make, your conversational skills suck. You just can't stay on point. I was contradicting two points you stated as fact;

1) That only a Bills' fan thinks they can win

2) That the Bears defense will be much improved.

I have no idea if the Bears will be clearly the superior team and besides, that was my last point. Week one can be the least indicative week of the way the season will go.

For all the good points you make, your conversational skills suck. You just can't stay on point. I was contradicting two points you stated as fact;

1) That only a Bills' fan thinks they can win

2) That the Bears defense will be much improved.

I have no idea if the Bears will be clearly the superior team and besides, that was my last point. Week one can be the least indicative week of the way the season will go.

You bolded my statement that their defense will be much improved. I stated why the defense will be much improved. Yea, totally couldn't stay on point there.

You bolded my statement that their defense will be much improved. I stated why the defense will be much improved. Yea, totally couldn't stay on point there.

You got punched out quite a bit as a kid, didn't you? If you would have left it at why YOU think their defense will be much much improved, then we would have been engaged in a conversation.

Your last two words changed it from adult conversation to parent/ child with the child insisting on the last word. I'm done for today. Carry on.

so, does anyone other than myself believe that the Bills will come out of Sunday with a win?

Troubling report regarding the Bills' FO.

http://www.cbssports...bills-officials

The report precipitates yet another asking of the question: Why do national reporters, and not the team's local beat reporters, get the scoops?

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Hopefully the Marrone stuff isn't true.

Bills are going to get crushed. They will be embarrassed off the field. I said earlier and I stand by it 45-6. If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit. I can't see the scenario where they can compete in this game. They have not been even close to a respectable road team these last 5-10 years.

I was very vocal when they hired Marrone. I saw nothing that he did that deserved a head coaching position. I remember calling him a 'bargain bin' coach and took flack from some on here for that. He installed a hurry up offense with two rookie QBs. That is so absurd.

I think he should stay through the end of the season and then he should lead the hit parade out of town.

You got punched out quite a bit as a kid, didn't you? If you would have left it at why YOU think their defense will be much much improved, then we would have been engaged in a conversation.

Your last two words changed it from adult conversation to parent/ child with the child insisting on the last word. I'm done for today. Carry on.

The Bears are very clearly the better team (if you want me to state that it's my opinion, okay, but it's every expert's opinion, too. Every power ranking has the Bears in the top half and the Bills somewhere in the bottom five).

The Bears are very clearly the better team (if you want me to state that it's my opinion, okay, but it's every expert's opinion, too. Every power ranking has the Bears in the top half and the Bills somewhere in the bottom five).

Oh man those power rankings and expert opinions matter :P !!! I think the bears are the better team, I don't think the bills are going to be one of the worst tho

Edited by Numark

Oh man those power rankings and expert opinions matter :P !!! I think the bears are the better team, I don't think the bills are going to be one of the worst tho

I don't put too much stock into power rankings, either, but obviously expert opinions matter. Especially when it's a near universal opinion (I have yet to see any expert that thinks the Bills are better).

I don't put too much stock into power rankings, either, but obviously expert opinions matter. Especially when it's a near universal opinion (I have yet to see any expert that thinks the Bills are better).

I was only joking with you, but I'm curious why do you think expert opinions obviously matter? All they do is base their opinions on last year's result, and the nfl is a league with a high amount of yearly change. Good luck finding any expert opinions liking the seahawks draft of 2012 or predicting they were a playoff team in 2012. I don't see how they matter at all, nor how it would be obvious

I was only joking with you, but I'm curious why do you think expert opinions obviously matter? All they do is base their opinions on last year's result, and the nfl is a league with a high amount of yearly change. Good luck finding any expert opinions liking the seahawks draft of 2012 or predicting they were a playoff team in 2012. I don't see how they matter at all, nor how it would be obvious

They're not going to predict everything to the t. They'll get a lot of things wrong. But they still know the game far more than any of us do. FAR more. Despite the constant hate for the media, these guys are still professionals.

(Excluding most ESPN personalities who are generally entertainers first).

They're not going to predict everything to the t. They'll get a lot of things wrong. But they still know the game far more than any of us do. FAR more. Despite the constant hate for the media, these guys are still professionals.

(Excluding most ESPN personalities who are generally entertainers first).

I guess I'll just agree to disagree with that

Prediction time: Bills 27 - Bears 17

It's been a while since Bills Nation has been on such a high level of panic over pre-season football. Pre-season football is nothing more than televised practice drills. I like the talent on defense and they have the most talent on offense they have had since those guys Kelly, Thomas and Reed suited up. My only concern about Manuel is him avoiding hits and staying healthy.

The keys to the season are:

Jackson & Spiller each gaining 1,000 yards.

Mario Williams building on last years resurgence.

EJ Manuel playing 16 games.

4-2/5-1 division record which I believe is very doable. Take care of the games at home and they have some very winnable games on the road in Chicago, Houston and Oakland.

I'm predicting right now a 10-6 season for the Bills. Taking a step back and looking at it minus the frustration of the past two decades and all the white noise from this years pre-season, I see this schedule as a very favorable schedule for a team like the Bills to end up with 10 wins.

Edited by DeLuca1967

My prediction: Bears 27 Bills 17.

No reason to expect the Bills offense is capable of taking advantage of a weak defense. The Bears have the weapons to wear down Buffalo's solid defense and put up some points. It won't even feel close.

My EJ statline prediction: 14-28, 217 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs.

Edited by Tankalicious

I've watched lots of preseasons that fed false hope before.

But I have never watched a preseason that was as much of a pessimistic, sky-is-falling, we're doomed tire fire as this one.

I caved and bought Sunday ticket this morning.

May I pry and inquire as to the cost of Sunday Ticket in the GWN?

They're not going to predict everything to the t. They'll get a lot of things wrong. But they still know the game far more than any of us do. FAR more.

I simply don't agree with this statement. Regardless of Bills predictions, the analysts barely know more than you or I and when it comes to teams like the bills, they know far less. They barely know the roster. Everyone at TBD can tell you the last 10 guys cut, in order.

Bears 24-21. The Bills will be down going into the 4th Quarter 21-7, they will score two quick TDs one on offense and a fumble recovery for a TD to tie it up. And Cutler will complete a 54 yd pass to Marshall with :03 left to the Bills 23, take a Time Out and kick the winning FG as time expires.

I simply don't agree with this statement. Regardless of Bills predictions, the analysts barely know more than you or I and when it comes to teams like the bills, they know far less. They barely know the roster. Everyone at TBD can tell you the last 10 guys cut, in order.

Absolutely. The only thing those analysts no more about than us is what to do in front of a camera (or keyboard, and even then I'm not sure).

Prediction time: Bills 27 - Bears 17

It's been a while since Bills Nation has been on such a high level of panic over pre-season football. Pre-season football is nothing more than televised practice drills. I like the talent on defense and they have the most talent on offense they have had since those guys Kelly, Thomas and Reed suited up. My only concern about Manuel is him avoiding hits and staying healthy.

The keys to the season are:

Jackson & Spiller each gaining 1,000 yards.

Mario Williams building on last years resurgence.

EJ Manuel playing 16 games.

4-2/5-1 division record which I believe is very doable. Take care of the games at home and they have some very winnable games on the road in Chicago, Houston and Oakland.

I'm predicting right now a 10-6 season for the Bills. Taking a step back and looking at it minus the frustration of the past two decades and all the white noise from this years pre-season, I see this schedule as a very favorable schedule for a team like the Bills to end up with 10 wins.

If they do win tomorrow, I'm w/ you on the 10-6. As it is, I expect an L and 9-7. I do expect it to be cose. 17-20.