McNabb, Two 2nds for Hudson Fasching & Nicolas Deslauriers

LGR4GM

For comparison:

Hudson Fasching 12G-15A-27P in 31 games played for Gophers.

JT Compher 11G-17A-28P in 30 games played for Wolverines.

Both freshmen.

This kid could be the ######.

I wanted Fucale over Compher :P Clearly I have a thing against these guys...

Oh well, it seems like the guy has potential. Just seems like a lot to pay for him. Let's hope it was the low seconds and he isn't a huge bust/having a one-hit wonder season

Shots fired!

But a fair point -- except that GMTM was the assistant, so presumably not his final call. But his fingerprints are on the corpse.

Rebuttal: Rundblad for Turris. Turris is currently a 2nd line center, while Rundblad is a fading prospect who can't crack the NHL on a full time, let alone significant, basis and was just traded again for peanuts.

Rebuttal: Rundblad for Turris. Turris is currently a 2nd line center, while Rundblad is a fading prospect who can't crack the NHL on a full time, let alone significant, basis and was just traded again for peanuts.

I wanted us to trade for Turris. The guy clearly hated the Yotes and although he would never become a star, I thought he could become serviceable. I don't think GMTM is a bad GM (or assistant GM) but I want him to make the right moves, which to me, are the safe moves at the deadline

I wanted us to trade for Turris. The guy clearly hated the Yotes and although he would never become a star, I thought he could become serviceable. I don't think GMTM is a bad GM (or assistant GM) but I want him to make the right moves, which to me, are the safe moves at the deadline

We've had 15 years of safe moves (with some risk tossed in for fun)...I'm ready to swing and miss!

Besides, how fun will it be watching heads explode if this is all we do today? :P

I think you're looking at it wrong. We basically accelerated the development of two future 2nd round picks by turning them into prospects closer to the NHL, and the price of doing so was McNabb.

This is the best interpretation of what this trade was about for me. Murray is looking for our prospects to peak in a few years and draft picks are generally going to take much longer to be NHL ready. These two could be 1-2 more years away from being NHL considerations and that the value. 15 draft picks doesn't help us much if we don't use them as ammo.

I would assume Parker was included to even out the # of pro contracts since we were at or close to the max.

Picks are the 2014 and 2015 2nd rounders we got from LA in Regehr deal.

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl

As part of the Hudson Fasching deal, the Sabres give back to the Kings the 2014 & '15 picks that came to Buffalo in the Robyn Regehr trade.

Pretty much our two lowest value 2nd round draft picks. Makes sense that a team would want to recoup their own picks.

Who the hell is Jonathan Parker?

Right after Pegula purchased the Amerks Parker was in on training camp try-out I think and lit it up. Pegula spoke to local media "this is cool, this kid is here on tryout and looks great and we signed him". He was on fire for the first couple of months in ROC, then flamed out and has bounced between Gwinnett and Roc since. LA native I think.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.