McNabb, Two 2nds for Hudson Fasching & Nicolas Deslauriers

LGR4GM

Talent write up from HF on Fasching:

Talent Analysis

Fasching is your prototypical big power forward. He has great hands for a player with his size and is a surprisingly good skater with a powerful stride. He works well in the corners and is not afraid to muck it up in the dirty areas of the ice and in front of the net. He was an all-situations player for the USNTDP and showed great promise as a skilled two-way player, penalty killer, and leader. Consistency has been an issue with Fasching, but if a team can get him dialed in and playing every shift and every game with the same intensity he has a lot of promise.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

I don't like the McNabb trade. It seems like Hudson Fasching is the main player coming back. Is a guy who was just a fourth round pick LAST OFFSEASON really that much improved this year that he's worth a solid D prospect and two second round picks?

Deslauriers looks like more of the type of defenseman that GMTM mentioned he was looking for. Trading a bigger D in McNabb for a puck moving guy who is a little further behind in the development process seems consistent with how Murray wants to makeover the team going forward.

Don't know a Fasching thing about the Gopher prospect, but I have seen Deslauriers here in Manchester. I like him, but he has been here a couple of years and not been called up. In fact, they have even played him at wing here in hopes of figuring out what his best postion is. Looks like he'll be an AHL lifer...

Hope Fasching pans out.

Deslauriers looks like more of the type of defenseman that GMTM mentioned he was looking for. Trading a bigger D in McNabb for a puck moving guy who is a little further behind in the development process seems consistent with how Murray wants to makeover the team going forward.

Yeah...that's the one thing that scared me a little. Considering we got a big forward back and are really loaded on D comparatively, I'm ok as long as the big picture ends swell.

I fear Weber goes for a 3rd to some contender for the Jay McKee MRSA hedge.....

Great prospect. 6 points in 7 games last World Juniors.

good stat to share - thanks.

TM has said that he has guys ranked, and knows who and what he values. fine. it's apparent that the gopher RW (fasching) is the main piece in this deal. TM likes him. that's enough for me. for now.

This is the kind of trade I expect from a GM with Tim Murray's strengths. He recognizes we have depth in defensive prospects and 2nd+ round draft picks, and he acquires prospects that he believes are great and help address our prospects depth needs at forward. I hope that these are guys he's watched and have a great upside, and upon a very quick examination, they are.

I'd be curious to know which 2nd round picks. Hopefully not ours.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.