McNabb, Two 2nds for Hudson Fasching & Nicolas Deslauriers

LGR4GM

Don't know a Fasching thing about the Gopher prospect, but I have seen Deslauriers here in Manchester. I like him, but he has been here a couple of years and not been called up. In fact, they have even played him at wing here in hopes of figuring out what his best postion is. Looks like he'll be an AHL lifer...

Didn't we see that movie before when it was called "Marc-Andre Gragnani"?

Are you going to complain about everything?

Don't read my posts, it's pretty simple. I didn't know one of the rules of the forum was to agree with everything that happens, smile, jump up and down with glee.

There is an ignore feature. Use it and get off my back.

So they spent all this time stockpiling draft picks and they're going to use two of them on this? Unreal.......

...and we'll probably nab 2 more 2nds before 3pm today. We didn't have room for McNabb most likely, and we certainly need some options at wing as we have next to nothing coming through the pipeline. I'm good with it

Don't read my posts, it's pretty simple. I didn't know one of the rules of the forum was to agree with everything that happens, smile, jump up and down with glee.

There is an ignore feature. Use it and get off my back.

First you don't want picks. Now you don't want prospects. What exactly do you want?

This is the kind of trade I expect from a GM with Tim Murray's strengths. He recognizes we have depth in defensive prospects and 2nd+ round draft picks, and he acquires prospects that he believes are great and help address our prospects depth needs at forward. I hope that these are guys he's watched and have a great upside, and upon a very quick examination, they are.

I'd be curious to know which 2nd round picks. Hopefully not ours.

Tim Murray is the real deal.....luv it.

Mcnabb is someone who can't crack a lineup with Scott starting at D. While mcnabb's time should be now, he is still in the AHL. He is 23 and fell behind ristolainen, pysyk, zadorov, and McCabe. He projected to to be a 3rd pairing. We got two very nice winger prospects who can score (our position of need)

We had to throw in draft picks because we got the better prospects.

Fasching>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mcnabb

Edited by Numark

Guys we can't hose a team in every trade. At least Murray is willing to make this type of trade

This is probably the correct perspective. GMTM had a player in mind and went and got him. Poof, end of story for now.

Edited by sizzlemeister

Mcnabb is someone who can't crack a lineup with Scott starting at D. While mcnabb's time should be now, he is still in the AHL. He is 23 and fell behind ristolainen, pysyk, zadorov, and McCabe. He projected to to be a 3rd pairing. We got two very nice winger prospects who can score (our position of need)

We had to throw in draft picks because we got the better prospects.

I get that, I don't mind trading McNabb, especially with McCabe coming soon. Hmm, who knows.

Guys we can't hose a team in every trade. At least Murray is willing to make this type of trade

Excellent point. This is the sort of trade that, imo, DR would not have made.

Here's something White at GR retweeted:

Follow

9vN4ZtIl_bigger.jpeg

Matt Larkin

@THNMattLarkin

Not all that cheap but I like Fasching deal for Sabres. Big, strong kid, hard to knock off puck, cracks the Future Watch top 75.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.