McNabb, Two 2nds for Hudson Fasching & Nicolas Deslauriers

LGR4GM

Meanwhile, has anyone figured out whether Deslauriers will need to clear waivers next season to be sent down to Rochester? That was going to be the case with McNabb next season, which was, I'm guessing, part of the reason he was traded.

His entry level contract is up after this season, so yes, he will be waiver eligible next year.

I actually think he is waiver exempt his 1st year of his next contract. Does anyone else know, I'm sure I'm wrong lol

He signed his first contract at 20 years old so the cutoff for waiver exemption for him is 3 years or 160 NHL games, whatever comes first. This is the end of year 3 for him. The only skaters who are ever exempt beyond their entry level contract are guys who signed their first deal while still a teenager. Those are fairly rare because they usually hit their cutoff of NHL games played well before reaching their fourth season.

From Cory Pronman ESPN Hockey Prospects Writer

Fasching was a fourth-round pick in 2013, but was an honorable mention for my top 50 overall drafted prospects during my midseason update. Fasching is likely still a year or two away, but he has the potential to be a significant top-six forward who contributes in all areas of the game. Even in a deep Sabres system, he's arguably a top five prospect in their organization.

He signed his first contract at 20 years old so the cutoff for waiver exemption for him is 3 years or 160 NHL games, whatever comes first. This is the end of year 3 for him. The only skaters who are ever exempt beyond their entry level contract are guys who signed their first deal while still a teenager. Those are fairly rare because they usually hit their cutoff of NHL games played well before reaching their fourth season.

Yea that's what I read, I got confused as the cap geek waiver calculator has him waiver exempt next year and they are usually accurate

Yea that's what I read, I got confused as the cap geek waiver calculator has him waiver exempt next year and they are usually accurate

I've never used that before but just gave it a shot. If I'm doing this right, it has him listed as having 1 year remaining, in other words, this year.

His entry level contract is up after this season, so yes, he will be waiver eligible next year.

Thanks boys. So he's either on the Sabres next year or he'll need to clear waivers.

I would guess that means that we'll get a look at him with the Sabres before the end of this year.

Thanks boys. So he's either on the Sabres next year or he'll need to clear waivers.

I would guess that means that we'll get a look at him with the Sabres before the end of this year.

He doesn't have a single NHL game under his belt. I'd imagine that they would have no trouble passing him through waivers.

He doesn't have a single NHL game under his belt. I'd imagine that they would have no trouble passing him through waivers.

Well, if they traded for him, they must see some value in him. At a minimum I would think that LA might ###### him back.

Well, if they traded for him, they must see some value in him. At a minimum I would think that LA might ###### him back.

Yeah, but if you claim him you need to keep him up with the big club for at least 10 games. I don't know if anyone is going to make that commitment, especially on what still looks like a bit a of a project player.

Ummm what? :unsure:

Wow. Big brother is watching and is kinda uptight.

(The censored word starts with "sn" and rhymes with "match."

Yeah, but if you claim him you need to keep him up with the big club for at least 10 games. I don't know if anyone is going to make that commitment, especially on what still looks like a bit a of a project player.

Good call.

Let me guess: is the missing word also the name of a movie with Jason Statham and Dennis Farina?

Wow. Big brother is watching and is kinda uptight.

(The censored word starts with "sn" and rhymes with "match."

Good call.

Lol idk about big brother I thought it was funny... I was picturing a word that started with an F and rhymes with buck.

Very surprised ###### and ###### are censored.

• 7 months later...

Looks like McNabb made the team (as an extra defenseman -- not sure if they're carrying 7 or 8): http://www.ocregister.com/articles/andreoff-637508-mcnabb-impact.html. Good for him.

Here's an interesting item about McNabb: evidently, Adrian Dater, a fairly well-known hockey writer in Denver, has taken a strong dislike to McNabb as a result of an allegedly dirty hit by McNabb. It looks like Dater crossed the line and got suspended. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/adrian-dater--avs-beat-writer--suspended-2-weeks-by-denver-post-002518849.html

Looks like McNabb made the team (as an extra defenseman -- not sure if they're carrying 7 or 8): http://www.ocregister.com/articles/andreoff-637508-mcnabb-impact.html. Good for him.

Here's an interesting item about McNabb: evidently, Adrian Dater, a fairly well-known hockey writer in Denver, has taken a strong dislike to McNabb as a result of an allegedly dirty hit by McNabb. It looks like Dater crossed the line and got suspended. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/adrian-dater--avs-beat-writer--suspended-2-weeks-by-denver-post-002518849.html

Pointed that out overvin the Around the NHL thread about Dater's rant. Didn't expect a suspension but he probably deserved it. Was just going nuts about McNabb.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.