Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Oh, anyone who doesn't stop in this thread a couple of times a day is really missing out. It's all happening here, folks!

It really is a gem, innit?

All things being equal, I just can't get past the fact that the guy's ####ing number hangs in the rafters and he left. WTF?!

The obvious question(s) the Buffalo media did NOT ask Ted Black, and has yet to be answered

Was PLF asked to resign?

Was PLF PRESSURED to resign?

The Sabres with their non-disclosure agreement about the very terms of his resignation seem very very much in damage control mode, and trying to 'shape the dialog'.

The very next time Terry Pegula steps in front of a microphone, he should be hit with these questions, and probing follow up questions that don't allow him to avoid a direct answer.

It's not that complicated.

PLF was FIRED.

PLF was then asked to sign the resignation.

Happens all the time in corporate America.

GO SABRES!!!

But no one has asked - so we don't know the answer - it's just speculation.

And if the answer to either of my questions is "yes", then of course, "WHY was he asked to resign?" is the very next question?

The media in Buffalo sucks. If this had been a NYC sports team, I'm sure the aggressive NYC media would have already dug up all the dirt on the deal.

But no one has asked - so we don't know the answer - it's just speculation.

And if the answer to either of my questions is "yes", then of course, "WHY was he asked to resign?" is the very next question?

The media in Buffalo sucks. If this had been a NYC sports team, I'm sure the aggressive NYC media would have already dug up all the dirt on the deal.

Someone did ask TB If PLF was asked to resign. All he said was PLF resigned.

I wonder if the driving force behind Ted Nolan's hesitancy to sign - is wait and see how GMTM's first draft goes? Right now, other than a paycheck, what coach who wants to win, would want to coach the gutted line up that's on the ice?

I wonder if the driving force behind Ted Nolan's hesitancy to sign - is wait and see how GMTM's first draft goes? Right now, other than a paycheck, what coach who wants to win, would want to coach the gutted line up that's on the ice?

i don't think the draft matters, I think he may just want to see how the deadline went, and what the plans are for next season. I would think that if they don't atleast give him some actual NHL talent to work with for next season giving him a chance to win then he won't sign the extension. Basically if the plan is to ice a team with the sole intention of being bad enough to draft McKinnon, he won't be coaching it.

Yeah. I don't think Nolan would be cool with "The Tank" especially if it lasts more than this year. Right now the lineup is downright awful. Only a handful of people on ice who can score a goal. If that stays that way for 2 years, no coach who wants to win would stay. Couldn't blame him - would be a shame though.

If I'm Ted Nolan I wouldn't play too hard to get with Tim Murray. I'm sure Tim has a short list of coaching candidates at the ready.

I doubt he's playing hard to get. My guess is that he's sincerely upset about PLF's departure and not sure whether he wants to keep working there. He also probably knows the prudent move is to let things settle down and have a few calm conversations with TM, TB and CP (and perhaps TP) before making a decision.

I doubt he's playing hard to get. My guess is that he's sincerely upset about PLF's departure and not sure whether he wants to keep working there. He also probably knows the prudent move is to let things settle down and have a few calm conversations with TM, TB and CP (and perhaps TP) before making a decision.

Thing is what are the terms , clauses in contract. Nolan has said as of yesterday they busy enough with trade deadline ect. His job is to coach the players the contract will work itself out. Unless he has something else lined up to go to, he not very likely if amounts reported true of $750/3yrs. going to pass on $2.2 million . Alternately if he is not going to sign he will need skillfully find way to leave and not blow himself up. Perhaps he thanks all for the great opportunity, but feels responsible for instance to continue the building he has done in Latvia. ( hard to say that with straight face , but one never knows. ) He very well may have a relatively stress free road to coaching there with a reasonable life style free of the politics he has experienced in NHL.

I keep referencing the post trade-deadline presser, but GMTM admitted the contract was offered at the beginning of all of the hub-bub the past week and it wasn't fair to expect Nolan to be able to go over it, absorb it, and have a neutral party check it out. He sounded as though he was completely okay with Nolan not being able to address the contract right now.

My guess is that GMTM figures on a three-year turn-around for the team, and regardless of what he thinks about Nolan's coaching abilities, Nolan is perhaps the only thing/person that will keep the fans on-board during the roster transition.

Isn't that part true?

I meant that they are making up the organizational structure of the front office as they go. You don't create a position like team president for one guy. It's a major strategic decision.

As to whether it's true, I think this is the only time someone from the Sabres has admitted as much.

I meant that they are making up the organizational structure of the front office as they go. You don't create a position like team president for one guy. It's a major strategic decision.

As to whether it's true, I think this is the only time someone from the Sabres has admitted as much.

Got it.

Also, which one of you folks is responsible for this:

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 9m

People point out a certain message board 2 me from time to time and it's astounding the things alleged adults write. Your families are proud

Edited by Eleven

Got it.

People point out a certain message board 2 me from time to time and it's astounding the things alleged adults write. Your families are proud

What a bozo he is.

I think one of his tweets today started with "I was right."

News flash: if you're right about something, you don't need to point it out to other people. Let them figure it out and then you might develop some credibility.

Got it.

I'm starting to think you have to have the emotional maturity of a 5-year old to work at the Buffalo News.

PTR

What a bozo he is.

I think one of his tweets today started with "I was right."

News flash: if you're right about something, you don't need to point it out to other people. Let them figure it out and then you might develop some credibility.

FWIW, he was not talking about us.

Got it.

He is a pure hypocrite. Next week he'll be tossing out the personal attacks and name-calling to anybody that questions him on Twitter. I'm so glad I stopped following him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.