Shake up in the office PAT LaFONTAINE RESIGNS

Jeanbe

Very true. They just don't have a clue on how to run this team. Constant coaching changes, constant player changes lose 1 solid player just to use another 1st round pick on a player that just left. They will never get it. That's the only thing that puzzles me about the Bills Fanbase is why do you constantly show up to watch this garbage.

I bet LaFontaine wanted to keep Miller and Ott and add pieces to it. Weren't they saying they want to keep players that want to be here and land Buffalo as a place where free agents can come. Tear it down and start over is what I'm guessing Murray has in mind plus like someone else said it buys him more years to right the ship.

wrong wrong wrong - this has been discussed ad nauseum.....it was widely known Miller DID NOT want to be part of a lengthy rebuild, and welcomed a chance to contend for the Cup. He wasn't going to resign here; so tell us Kreskin, how could PLaF want to keep Miller ???

I read that PLF signed a non-disclosure as part of his severance package. So, with that, I'm going to cease me pin-in of this thread. Unless something leaks, there's no shoes left to drop.

But, to the point that PLF is some golden boy with a moral compass unfailingly oriented to Tha Good, I'd say this: No matter how cliquish and cronied your FO, if you're getting shown the door after a matter of 3 months (3 MONTHS) and you're accepting and abiding by hush money, you're arguably no better than the people buying your silence on the terms of your departure.

Others here have alluded to the fact that non-disclosures are common place in industries of all kinds. And that is true. However, those agreements are generally signed at the time you come in the door and are written to protect against employee's disclosure of confidential information that belongs to the employer. In my experience, the circumstances surrounding, the reasons for an employee's departure are not the sorts of things that a non-disclosure agreement covers. That could have been the case here, but I truly doubt it.

No. Far more lkkely that PLF's silence was bought with the terms of a favorable and generous buyout of his contract.

To freeman's (?) point about how he'd really rather not think that TB would lie in a franchise press conference, I am sorry. TB cuts the truth so fine, so wafer thin, so close, you can see right through it. He has made a habit of saying things that are technically true, but plainly misleading. Remember the nonsense with Howard Simon ("Howard, I value our friendship") when Simon followed up TB's anti-panic pronouncement with a question as to whether separating Regier would be a panic move?

TB is too clever by half. He's a glorified used car salesman. Peeing on your leg, he tells you it's raining. I'm good with just about everything at this point insofar as PLF is concerned, except the fact that TB remains atop the org chart.

that depends on if your advise was no sir you should not make your backup goalie the GM of this team

HA. Couldn't have said it better!

At the end of the day, both sides in this mess have some culpability. LaF should have all responsibility written in stone before joining Pegula's crew and Pegula should have clearly set the stage with the Executive Team what he wanted out of LaF and LaF's former position. Starting to chalk this up to inexperience on both sides of the fence here - Pegula 3 years in on owning a sports franchise and LaF literrally no FO experience.

Edited by Chester Springs Rich

HA. Couldn't have said it better!

At the end of the day, both sides in this mess have some culpability. LaF should have all responsibility written in stone before joining Pegula's crew and Pegula should have clearly set the stage with the Executive Team what he wanted out of LaF and LaF's former position. Starting to chalk this up to inexperience on both sides of the fence here - Pegula 3 years in on owning a sports franchise and LaF literrally no FO experience.

to be clear I am not saying plf is in the right here. I am saying that the islander thing was so far beyond normal that it can't be completely be used against him

let's say patty spills the beans, blows this story up even more and really embarrasses Pegula in the process.

Q: what are Patty's chances of getting a similar gig with a new team and owner ?

A: not as good as if he keeps his mouth shut.

Not to worry, he's been precluded.

GO SABRES!!!

let's say patty spills the beans, blows this story up even more and really embarrasses Pegula in the process.

Q: what are Patty's chances of getting a similar gig with a new team and owner ?

A: not as good as if he keeps his mouth shut.

his odds are already slim to none. He has an established pattern of forcing his way out of places. As a players and twice in a suit. Short of some scandalous story involving clubbing puppies. There is little he can say that will change that and make a owner want to take a chance on him

What if the NDA was PLF releasing any financial claims against the Sabres in exchange for the Sabres' silence on the circumstances of his resignation?

Interesting. And possible. But given Uncle Terry's willingness to write checks, this seems doubtful. Far better chance that they essentially forced him to resign and bought his silence.

WTF is it with Bucky Gleason? He ran one GM out of town and he's looking for another trophy?

I'm not fan of Bucky, but I saw that he's calling out TB. I actually saw that after I posted what I posted above. Just because Bucky's a boob doesn't mean it's wrong to say TB is full of sh!t.

What if the NDA was PLF releasing any financial claims against the Sabres in exchange for the Sabres' silence on the circumstances of his resignation?

Thank you for that. I was just about to say that I was a little disappointed that Lafontaine would sign such an agreement and take money.....but now I have the vision of Patty going out in a blaze of glory by jumping up onto the conference table after Pegula suggests we trade for every player who has a family member that went to Penn State, whipping out Lil' 16, and dousing everyone at the table but Murray!

You just made my day!! Way to go Patty!!!

Isn't quitting a volunteer position because your advice wasn't heeded actually worse? A position with no pay and zero power...and you're mad the organization didn't take marching orders from you?

What "marching orders" did PLF want the Isles to follow, he left an unpaid position as an adviser, because he felt the organization wasn't headed in the right direction. Myself I've never had to leave a job early because I didn't like it, but I'm sure if I was to start a new job and after a short time I felt it wasn't right for me, I'm gonna leave.

What "marching orders" did PLF want the Isles to follow, he left an unpaid position as an adviser, because he felt the organization wasn't headed in the right direction. Myself I've never had to leave a job early because I didn't like it, but I'm sure if I was to start a new job and after a short time I felt it wasn't right for me, I'm gonna leave.

Great avatar!

And he was brought in to be an adviser without getting compensated for it. By hiring him as an advisor, they are asking him to provide advise.

If I was brought into a position where they asked for my advise and my advise was never taken, I wouldn't waste my time anymore and have no problems leaving a job I'm not being paid for.

To freeman's (?) point about how he'd really rather not think that TB would lie in a franchise press conference, I am sorry. TB cuts the truth so fine, so wafer thin, so close, you can see right through it. He has made a habit of saying things that are technically true, but plainly misleading. Remember the nonsense with Howard Simon ("Howard, I value our friendship") when Simon followed up TB's anti-panic pronouncement with a question as to whether separating Regier would be a panic move?

Well, I would indeed rather not think that TB is lying, because I would prefer not to think that about anyone. It's a serious accusation. But it is pretty hard to avoid that conclusion in this case.

I read that PLF signed a non-disclosure as part of his severance package. So, with that, I'm going to cease me pin-in of this thread. Unless something leaks, there's no shoes left to drop.

But, to the point that PLF is some golden boy with a moral compass unfailingly oriented to Tha Good, I'd say this: No matter how cliquish and cronied your FO, if you're getting shown the door after a matter of 3 months (3 MONTHS) and you're accepting and abiding by hush money, you're arguably no better than the people buying your silence on the terms of your departure.

Others here have alluded to the fact that non-disclosures are common place in industries of all kinds. And that is true. However, those agreements are generally signed at the time you come in the door and are written to protect against employee's disclosure of confidential information that belongs to the employer. In my experience, the circumstances surrounding, the reasons for an employee's departure are not the sorts of things that a non-disclosure agreement covers. That could have been the case here, but I truly doubt it.

No. Far more lkkely that PLF's silence was bought with the terms of a favorable and generous buyout of his contract.

TB is too clever by half. He's a glorified used car salesman. Peeing on your leg, he tells you it's raining. I'm good with just about everything at this point insofar as PLF is concerned, except the fact that TB remains atop the org chart.

A non-disclosure in return for severance is not at all unusual. I have signed several. This is intended to prevent the departed party from impacting the organization's competitive position in any way. In the case of an NHL Team, Sabres or anyone, this would logically cover any specific discussion of internal team decision making or discussions. A former employee making statements that denigrate the public image of the team would put them at a competitive disadvantage so would logically be prohibited.

Edited by MDFan

Good point. So no one is innocent, no one is a saint, everyone involved is a normal person.

A non-disclosure in return for severance is not at all unusual. I have signed several. This is intended to prevent the departed party from impacting the organization's competitive position in any way. In the case of an NHL Team, Sabres or anyone, this would logically cover any specific discussion of internal team decision making or discussions. A former employee making statements that denigrate the public image of the team would put them at a competitive disadvantage so would logically be prohibited.

And even if a non-disclosure is standard procedure in a situation like this, given the circumstances, the media was guaranteed to jump all over it here. I'd be curious to see someone in the media do some digging and see if the same happened with recent fires like Ruff and Regier.

And even if a non-disclosure is standard procedure in a situation like this, given the circumstances, the media was guaranteed to jump all over it here. I'd be curious to see someone in the media do some digging and see if the same happened with recent fires like Ruff and Regier.

Ah Shrader, you are my kind of pot stirrer... trouble maker. Luv the line of thinking. Prodding the media to do their job. Wonder who will pick up your story line?

Definitely not with Ruff, considering that the team let him use its arena for a goodbye press conference. The team probably had a clause in his contract and waived it to allow the presser.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.