GDT: San Jose at Buffalo 2-28-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

DEFEAT!

Trees_on_an_open_field_near_Sibiu.jpg

(Not pictured: tanks that were traded.)

We're now within three points of 2nd (last) with one game in hand. Hopefully we can curb this three game win streak. Meanwhile, Florida and Calgary are on losing streaks, coming now within seven points of us with more than 20 games to go.

If they keep and play Halak you will get your wish. He seems about as happy and inspired as a cow at a meat processing plant.

Just watched the game tonight. Couldn't enjoy it at all. Good for them, they played hard and they scored goals and goals are why I like hockey. But I couldn't enjoy it after the trade, it just felt hollow. I'm bummed out. It almost feels like putting down the family dog that you've grown up with for 15 years. There is no catharsis. This blows.

Edit: ok I lied. I wasn't done watching the game yet. Just saw the Ott and Miller presser and now I feel even worse. My eyes welled up and I'm glad I have 2 fifths of Jack tonight. This officially a bad breakup, I'm getting bombed and celebrating/lamenting the memories.

Edited by ubkev

If I'm Vinz - I would hold a press conference and announce my retirement from the NHL and start showing up to all the alumni functions.

I wonder if he got league min.

If Google and my calculations are correct 4600 and change should be coming to him for opening the bench door.

If Google and my calculations are correct 4600 and change should be coming to him for opening the bench door.

Vinz doesn't count against the cap.

If I'm Vinz I never cash the $500 check. It would be hanging framed over the bar.

For emergency goalies:

Goaltenders signed to one-day professional tryout (PTO) contracts cannot have a contract elsewhere, nor can they terminate an existing contract to sign the PTO. They receive US $500 and are permitted to keep their game-worn jersey. They do not count against the cap. - Cap Geek

Say what you want about Darcy Regier, but he would have had this kid traded to Jay Feaster by now.

Edited by X. Benedict

Vinz doesn't count against the cap.

If I'm Vinz I never cash the $500 check. It would be hanging framed over the bar.

For emergency goalies:

Goaltenders signed to one-day professional tryout (PTO) contracts cannot have a contract elsewhere, nor can they terminate an existing contract to sign the PTO. They receive US $500 and are permitted to keep their game-worn jersey. They do not count against the cap. - Cap Geek

Well then I asked Google the wrong questions and my.calculations were wrong.

Well then I asked Google the wrong questions and my.calculations were wrong.

I enjoyed the calculation.

Emergency Goalies:

http://www.capgeek.c...-contracts-work

BTW

Got to love the humor of the Sabres training staff giving the kid #35.

That's a legit backup number.

Norrenen, Wakaluk, Conklin, Theibualt (sp?) all wore 35. (#35 is a spellers nightmare!)

Edited by X. Benedict

DEFEAT!

Trees_on_an_open_field_near_Sibiu.jpg

(Not pictured: tanks that were traded.)

We're now within three points of 2nd (last) with one game in hand. Hopefully we can curb this three game win streak. Meanwhile, Florida and Calgary are on losing streaks, coming now within seven points of us with more than 20 games to go.

Not even close to losing faith in the tank. This team is built to tank like the 80s Oilers were built to win Cups.

You should only have Sabre jerseys.

I collect jerseys, I have one from all teams in the league including, seals, whalers, Nordiques, jets, and some nice throwbacks as well..... I rarely wear another teams, but I was feeling frisky to throw on another sweater..... It made for some nice friendly banter in my section, plus it was just support from me for the tank!

Maybe Enroth responds to certain things. He responded when Miller got hurt and basically carried the Sabres into the playoffs. He responded, a bit anyway, when he seemed to have Ron Rolston's confidence. He certainly responded last night. I don't know. I'm rambling as usual. I just think there's something really good lurking in there. Maybe he'd respond to being the starter next season.

Maybe Enroth responds to certain things. He responded when Miller got hurt and basically carried the Sabres into the playoffs. He responded, a bit anyway, when he seemed to have Ron Rolston's confidence. He certainly responded last night. I don't know. I'm rambling as usual. I just think there's something really good lurking in there. Maybe he'd respond to being the starter next season.

I think we're going to see Enroth's best. Then we'll get to determine how good that really is.

I don't know if he will or if he won't, but I want to find out. Let's just give him a season. We aren't going to win next year anyway, so let's finally find out what Enroth can do as a no.1. It'll be satisfying just to find out either way -- and especially if he surprises everyone.

By the paddle of Ethron!

It was a good game, in which the sharks did not realize what hit em.

If you look on our lineup i can not understand how we can win with it.

But Teds magic is working I suppose.

I fear the antitank is rolling good now and as every year we may loose some draft positions.

On the other hand I can not blame them to try to win, because that is what they are payed for.

By the paddle of Ethron!

It was a good game, in which the sharks did not realize what hit em.

If you look on our lineup i can not understand how we can win with it.

But Teds magic is working I suppose.

I fear the antitank is rolling good now and as every year we may loose some draft positions.

On the other hand I can not blame them to try to win, because that is what they are payed for.

Some possible factors:

1. One of you stat wonks: how improbable is it that a team, even a bad one, would go through a whole season WITHOUT winning 3 in a row?

2. I just looked this up: San Jose has won one game in Buffalo. Not this year; I mean ever.

3. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard, etc. And that was an emotional Sabres team last night.

This team will tank, don't you worry.

Some possible factors:

1. One of you stat wonks: how improbable is it that a team, even a bad one, would go through a whole season WITHOUT winning 3 in a row?

2. I just looked this up: San Jose has won one game in Buffalo. Not this year; I mean ever.

3. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard, etc. And that was an emotional Sabres team last night.

Fell in love with Reinhart and Bennett.

Getting ready to settle for Dal Colle or Draisaitl.

Or worse.

"This is the sound of settling......"

Edited by Robviously

Some possible factors:

And it took it being Thornton's 1st Snark game ever to make that one happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.