GDT: San Jose at Buffalo 2-28-14 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I stand corrected. Girgensons will lead the Sabres to the finals as a captain this year or next because of a player from the 1970s.

Just mentioning precedent for a young guy being a captain. Would you prefer Danny Gare? Or need I reach outside of Buffalo to show you that you're being small-minded again? Landeskog? Crosby?

Just mentioning precedent for a young guy being a captain. Would you prefer Danny Gare? Or need I reach outside of Buffalo to show you that you're being small-minded again? Landeskog? Crosby?

If Nolan is staying around, it's going to be Girgensons at some point.

I sorta hope we go with four Alternates next year (maybe even rotate a little) to spread the pressure out.

An insult. Yay.

I get that young players do it, and do it well sometimes. I'm just saying I don't think Girgensons is ready to be a captain. Some are ready when they're young, some aren't. Girgensons also doesn't possess the talent of those players named for the record.

If Nolan is staying around, it's going to be Girgensons at some point.

I sorta hope we go with four Alternates next year (maybe even rotate a little) to spread the pressure out.

I really don't. I want a captain. None of this leadership by committee where 12/23 players were letters over the season

This just in: people who play sports like to win their games.

:thumbsup: Exactly, there's not one Sabre that wants to lose any games, they go out there and work hard trying to win games and the only way I know how to be a fan, is rooting for them to win. For myself the word "tank" is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I'm not saying if it's wrong or right, but I could never imagine myself wanting a Buffalo team to lose any game.

Edited by kishoph

Schoenfeld's third year though.

Second.

An insult. Yay.

I get that young players do it, and do it well sometimes. I'm just saying I don't think Girgensons is ready to be a captain. Some are ready when they're young, some aren't. Girgensons also doesn't possess the talent of those players named for the record.

Which is better than you just saying he's too young. And not an insult, just an observation. And appropriate to your snark.

Edited by Eleven

Guys, I wore my sharks jersey to the game tonight, rendering my Hodgson jersey alone in the closet, therefore causing the sabres to win.... I take full responsibility for the win and the de-railing of the tank!!!

Oh and Leino just gets worse and worse

You should only have Sabre jerseys.

72-73, 73-74, then named captain 74-75, no?

Didn't Meehan leave during the season, or is my brain going soft?

You should only have Sabre jerseys.

And we should only call them sweaters, but you are right on principle.

Terrible move blowing that opportunity. It would have been one of the feel good moments of the year to put him in for 20 seconds.

Well, if San Jose hadn't got that 2nd goal in the last two minutes..... Ted might have put him in for the last 30 seconds. But... I think just like the athletes, Ted likes to win. I don't think Ted is onboard for the Tank.

Well, if San Jose hadn't got that 2nd goal in the last two minutes..... Ted might have put him in for the last 30 seconds. But... I think just like the athletes, Ted likes to win. I don't think Ted is onboard for the Tank.

If the Sabres had a 10-goal lead with :02 seconds left, maybe. Otherwise not a chance in heck.

Did you see the short interview with him? I wouldn't have wasted the time thinking about it, either. Seems like the kind of person who'd make Nolan's skin crawl.

They saw the booster AND the bogey. That means the astronauts were actually seeing a bogey.

Didn't Meehan leave during the season, or is my brain going soft?

Meehan and Roby were traded to Vancouver a few games into the 74-75 season. I don't know if Meehan was still the captain then. I would assume so.

It would have been a cool moment, but it would have been a dick move against Enroth, and it could have been a serious risk to the backup's health.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.