Winter Olympics general discussion

darksabre

Or as I prefer to call them, Pre-cripples.

Coming from the guy who likes having hard rubber flying at him at high speed in hopes of it hitting his body.

Its all about the speed rush in Alpine racing. I've never been injured once in a race. Slope style and big air however; totally different story. I've been in a few toboggan's behind ski patrolman and snowmobiles on the way to the hospital. No head or back injury, but I've broken both feet and tore up my left knee a little. Oh and I almost bit my tongue off once.

Coming from the guy who likes having hard rubber flying at him at high speed in hopes of it hitting his body.

Its all about the speed rush in Alpine racing. I've never been injured once in a race. Slope style and big air however; totally different story. I've been in a few toboggan's behind ski patrolman and snowmobiles on the way to the hospital. No head or back injury, but I've broken both feet and tore up my left knee a little. Oh and I almost bit my tongue off once.

I just can't imagine having any knees left at 45 if you're competing at a high level. I'll stick with having rubber shot at me and also being able to walk :P

In skiing, it just isn't there this year. And NBC isn't showing much of it, which is really disappointing. I really like watching some of the traditional downhill stuff.

I agree. I wish more of the skiing was on. Instead it is tons of freaking figure skating which to me is the most boring Olympic competition.

Shout out to Andy Weibrecht who I raced with for about 7 years when we were kids. Took silver in Super G to go along with his bronze from Vancouver. Kick ass! Its awesome to see a kid who kicked your ass in almost every race as a kid actually do something with his skill.

Shout out to Andy Weibrecht who I raced with for about 7 years when we were kids. Took silver in Super G to go along with his bronze from Vancouver. Kick ass! Its awesome to see a kid who kicked your ass in almost every race as a kid actually do something with his skill.

He's the one from Lake Placid, NY, right? I think our group bus ended up an accidental participant in his hometown parade 4 years ago, lol.

He's the one from Lake Placid, NY, right? I think our group bus ended up an accidental participant in his hometown parade 4 years ago, lol.

Yup he's from Lake Placid.

New York produces the best Racers. He's 100% chance to medal in every Olympics. Suck on that Colorado and Utah. Lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.