Trade Deadline 2014

LGR4GM

I imagine that after Leino is bought out, his career in the NHL is over. Nobody wants a guy who gets paid by the shot.

You would be surprised. i don't think many here would have a harsh opinion of him if he was getting paid much less, most of the issues with him is that he is overpaid for his production. The talk on him before was that he was great in the playoffs, so some contending team could take a chance at a much cheaper cost

We have cap space to sign almost anyone we want. Without Miller and assuming Leino is bought out, we'll struggle just to hit the cap floor next year. Throw some $$$ at MattyMo. He has earned it.

I agree, I think Murray would really want to load up a solid prospects and more picks for Stewart, Moulson, Halak, Ehrhoff, and Tallinder. I just don't know if many teams are biting. I really believe Murray would like more 1st and 2nd rounders in the next two drafts to eye the players he wants to rebuild this team. More picks mean you can trade up for the player or players you want.

It would make sense to deal Mcnabb as he isn't a two way player next year and would have to stay in buffalo

That and with all these high level prospects being NHL ready in the next few years, there will be a huge logjam. Better to trade one of those dmen before it is obvious that we have to move one.

Just listing them off I see Ehrhoff, Myers, Risto, Zadorov, Pysyk as top 6 next year. Not to mention McCabe. And all the current NHL dmen we have as well.

Renaud Lavoie @LavoieRenaud

Il u a une possibilité que les Sabres s'entendent avec Jaroslav Halak s'ils ne peuvent l'échanger. Ils ont besoin d'un gardien #1.

This means that there is a possibility that we try to sign him. Says we need a goalie but we already have a 5'10" guy.

Edited by Tankalicious

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.